Vikings fans already bemoaning the trade

Thunderstruck

Back when the trade was announced I was elated.

I couldn't billieve they traded him and thought they had made a huge mistake.

The Bills were never going to get someone that good and game ready in the draft and he is only 26 with 4 years on his deal.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The last thing you want to do is trade a elite talent at WR. Vikings and Texans fans will be using the same therapist. In the 1st 2 games you can easily see how Diggs and Hopkins pull coverage towards them opening up other players. 

I was very happy we acquired him, but wasn't sure at the time that whether he is elite level talent. Part of that is probably me being guilty of looking for the prototypical size / speed that we think an elite level talent has to have. I guess that way of thinking is how guys like Diggs and A. Brown get overlooked in the draft.

This guy is quick and precise in his routes and tough as hell. I love watching him play.

• Like (+1) 5

When are people gonna learn to quit doing this crap.... I remember last year and Dallas fans totally slammed Beasley for ruining his career by heading to Buffalo and then he promptly has a career year and they watch him from home as he's in the playoffs. Same deal all summer with diggs. Silliness 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

I was very happy we acquired him, but wasn't sure at the time that whether he is elite level talent. Part of that is probably me being guilty of looking for the prototypical size / speed that we think an elite level talent has to have. I guess that way of thinking is how guys like Diggs and A. Brown get overlooked in the draft.

This guy is quick and precise in his routes and tough as hell. I love watching him play.

Diggs was 5-star recruit coming out of high school. He went to maryland to stay close to home, got injured a bit in his junior year, and had a terrible qb throwing to him his senior year. That’s why he was overlooked, but the talent was always there.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 4

What took them so long?

Actually, it seems as though their fans weren't thrilled at the time:

https://www.skornorth.com/2020/03/instant-reaction-vikings-trade-diggs-to-buffalo/

He has little subtle footwork that he uses too.  The one caused an incompletion early where it looked like an overthrow, but the 2nd one i noticed was that deep ball where he created a ton of separation down the field.  He also has insanely good hands.

• Like (+1) 2

They should bemoaning their dork of a qb who they pay $40 million to for not being about to elevate his wrs.  Dude is such a fraud.  

and it was a win win.  Diggs wasn’t happy there and they got great value for him.  Obviously, it’s huge for us.  I guess it depends how good Jefferson will be.

but crying about stuff two games into a season is just dumb. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They should bemoaning their dork of a qb who they pay $40 million to for not being about to elevate his wrs.  Dude is such a fraud.  

and it was a win win.  Diggs wasn’t happy there and they got great value for him.  Obviously, it’s huge for us.  I guess it depends how good Jefferson will be.

but crying about stuff two games into a season is just dumb. 

I’m not saying that the WRs drafted in the 1st-2nd round will be garbage, in many respects I still think this was a really strong draft class... however, how long will it take them to click? Allen, Daboll and McD are in a pivotal year.. we cannot wait 2 or 3 years for them to develop.... our window is now.

• Thank you (+1) 1