Adam Schein must have loved writing this

BruceVilanch

I know we don't need a new thread for EVERY positive article but this one stood out to me. 

From NFL.com's Adam Schein:

WHAT I LOVED

1) Josh Allen silencing his critics

I've never understood the Josh Allen haters. And now, for the second straight week, they need to crawl back into their hole. Allen keeps setting personal bests while the Bills keep taking care of business in a season that began with high expectations for the quarterback and the team. After recording his first 300-yard passing game in the season-opening blowout of the Jets, Allen logged his first 400-yard game in a 31-28 win over the Dolphins. In fact, Allen became the first QB in Buffalo's franchise history to throw for 400 yards and four touchdowns without an interception. And he did so against a well-coached division rival with a strong secondary. Through Sunday, Allen leads the NFL with 729 passing yards, simultaneously boasting a sparkling 6:0 TD-to-INT ratio and a surgical 70.4 percent completion rate. Surprised? You shouldn't be.

The No. 7 overall pick from 2018 has a rocket arm, dangerous legs and a spectacular work ethic. After showing flashes as a rookie, Allen blossomed in Year 2, helping Buffalo nab a wild-card slot by routinely answering the bell in the clutch (SEE: four fourth-quarter comebacks and five game-winning drives, both league-highs). Now he's taking the next step to stardom, thanks to his continued growth -- and GM Brandon Beane's brilliant trade.

Beane and head coach Sean McDermott have done a spectacular job in building the team around their franchise signal-caller. And no single move currently shines brighter than the March acquisition of Stefon Diggs. Buffalo gave up a lot in the deal with Minnesota, including a first-round pick, but the Bills received a true No. 1 receiver, as evidenced by Diggs' prolific effort on Sunday. With eight catches for 153 yards and a touchdown in the three-point win at Miami, Diggs was a game-changer. The trade was a season-changer. The bona fide WR1 takes Allen -- and Buffalo -- to the next level.

For reasons I still don't entirely get, Allen entered the NFL as a highly polarizing player. But two games into his third season, he's the league's leading passer on the AFC East's only undefeated team. How's the crow taste, critics?

• Like (+1) 14
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 22
  • Thank you (+1) 9

It's such a relief to be reading articles about the Bills QB finally having games like this and all the positivity.  Years past and it was always reading about which QB was the next great thing and how we could have had him with X pick in the draft. I fully expect bad games still, but seeing these last 2 performances gives a lot of optimism for the future. GO BILLS! 

• Like (+1) 3

Schein loves to stir up the pot, and even more take shots at his colleagues which is why he is pretty popular on the various outlets in TV, Radio, and Print.  I used to call into his show when he was on NFLR and was always pretty funny.

Thanks for sharing Bruce.  I never would have picked this out.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Schein is from downstate but attended Syracuse University.  He had a big drive time show in Syracuse as a student and had to learn that CNY is Bills Country.   So the Bills love is something he picked up as a college student. 

Absolutely true. A good buddy of mine was a classmate of Schein’s at SU and the upstate NY love is genuine. My buddy is the same way, and he’s from Boston ffs.

Two words of caution:  Jets.   Dolphins....

Watching these first two weeks, there is a HUGE drop off in quality between the Haves and the Have Nots.     Let's write this blub after we've done it against a Have...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Watching these first two weeks, there is a HUGE drop off in quality between the Haves and the Have Nots.     Let's write this blub after we've done it against a Have...

I don't think the Dolphins are a bad team, and certainly not nearly as bad as the narrative right now.  We shall see.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

the jets i agree with, but the dolphins are a bit different.  we also happened to see "good" fitz on sunday, which we all knew happens from time to time.  sunday is going to be very interesting.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

The passes don't throw themselves.  That's all I have to say.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Sure, and if he had a 200 yard game and 1 TD in each, I'd feel differently. But he absolutely demolished these "bad" teams. Against Miami when the game was in doubt he was 6-8 for 145 yards and 2 TDs. I don't care who you are playing, 400 yards and 4Tds is a hell of an achievement 

• Like (+1) 3