Ryen Russillo give JA some love

essential

https://www.theringer.com/2020/9/21/21449761/nfl-week-2-awards-cam-changing-expectations-patriots-a-new-qb-in-l-a-and-nfl-draft-will-change

Scroll down a bit and hit play on the podcast.  He starts talking about JA at about 6:27 ...ends about 7:54.  He calls it his "I might be wrong but I'm not going to admit it because I'm on TV" award in which he basically says a lot of these talking heads just dig their heels in on pre-draft views even when there is development, and will refuse to admit they're wrong ... but he's admitting he was wrong.

"Basically, if you say you don't think Josh Allen is any good in the TV business you're just supposed to ride that out for 15 f*cking years."

Edited by essential
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Do we really need a new thread every time some no name says something positive about Allen?

I don’t even know who Ryen Rusillo is.

Is he someone important like Stephen A. Smith?

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 2

He's always been very fair about the Bills. Especially for a Boston dude.

Too many pundits get trapped by their own prognostications.  The Bills will always suck, and Josh Allen is a typical big-armed, overhyped bust-in-waiting.

They carry that around like Jacob Marley's chains.  Allen could put one 400 yard game up after another for weeks at a time, and it would be a parade of "well, he played a bad team" or "their best corner was out."

I like Russilo's pod.  Always good football talk.

15 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don’t even know who Ryen Rusillo is.

Is he someone important like Stephen A. Smith?

Rusillo co-hosted with AVP on ESPN radio for several years in the afternoon, then when SVP moved on to midnight SC, Rusillo did the show on his own for a while, then didn't re-up with ESPN and Will Cain took the spot.  Rusillo was one of the few personalities at ESPN who's opinion I always enjoyed because he was always interesting and entertaining, and like Success said, he's always been fair.  I still follow his podcast because he's worthwhile listen.

I like Ryan too and what to take note of is how he prefaced talking heads who made there mind up on Allen and continue with the false narrative on his skills and inaccuracy.  

Nice to see Ryan say something positve after many weeks of him deriding Josh (or little confidence in him).

Now let's see PPF do a 180 (or Mike Lombardi).....

3 hours ago, essential said:

Rusillo co-hosted with AVP on ESPN radio for several years in the afternoon, then when SVP moved on to midnight SC, Rusillo did the show on his own for a while, then didn't re-up with ESPN and Will Cain took the spot.  Rusillo was one of the few personalities at ESPN who's opinion I always enjoyed because he was always interesting and entertaining, and like Success said, he's always been fair.  I still follow his podcast because he's worthwhile listen.

Agreed.  Usually hate the Boston based tv guys but I always liked rusillo

5 hours ago, Success said:

He's always been very fair about the Bills. Especially for a Boston dude.

Too many pundits get trapped by their own prognostications.  The Bills will always suck, and Josh Allen is a typical big-armed, overhyped bust-in-waiting.

They carry that around like Jacob Marley's chains.  Allen could put one 400 yard game up after another for weeks at a time, and it would be a parade of "well, he played a bad team" or "their best corner was out."

I like Russilo's pod.  Always good football talk.

Wasn't expecting a Dickens reference! And I agree, that's what is so infuriating about PFF and other talking heads, people don't understand that changing your opinion based on new information is a sign of wisdom, they just refuse to change because they don't want to be wrong. At least Russilo admits he is sticking by his take so he's not wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 1