Anthony Lynn: Backs Tyrod as Starter

BullBuchanan

It may not be Lynn's choice who he wants after Herbert showed he can play.

10 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I get the feeling that he knows he can’t hack it as a HC. I think he will go from HC to RB coach.

I’m not sure who the intern HC’s will be for Lynn and Gase. Gase will be lucky to be a helmet decal guy. 

Gase will get another job. HCs usually get a few chances of they want the spot no matter how bad they do at the previous ones. Then after that usually the previous HC they worked for will bring them back in a high position.....

14 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Should this cost Anthony Lynn his job? Don't get me wrong, Tyrod seems like a  great guy and he's a good QB to have on your roster, but what exactly is Lynn thinking here?

They drafted Herbert 6th overall and he played lights out against the SB champs. He never looked like a kid in his first NFL action to me.

I know that Lynn's statement may have been looked upon like boilerplate coach speak in the past, but these days it seems ridiculous that you would go out of your way to defend your journeyman "starter" of 1 game when his rookie replacement played as well as he did.

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-lynn-risks-qb-controversy-with-hardline-stance-on-justin-herbert-214417416.html

To think that some on here bemoaned the fact that we didnt hire him for HC !

I wont entirely fault him for holding on to TT a bit longer but the words he used certainly dont help a rookie QB's confidence. I did see bits and pieces of the game and felt Herbert was very poised and made some nice throws. Lynn should realize that Herbert put the team in position to win the game whereas dont-throw-an-interception TT would have allowed the Chiefs to pull away earlier in the game. 

I've loved Herbert for a few years now and I think he's going to be a very good NFL quarterback.

Tyrod's days are numbered. At some point this season, Herbert will be the starter.

Just a question of when to get him in there.  Maybe Lynn wants to give Herbert a bit more time.

This isn't about favoring Tyrod, it's about protecting/developing Herbert IMO.