Move Dodson into the starting LB's?

56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not talking about because of injury....I mean when everyone is healthy.

I was REALLY impressed with Dodson first half of this game......what do ppl think of starting him over Klien when Edmunds and Milano come back.

Myself....and its extremely early.....but I am scouting 1st round LB's at the will position in this next year's draft.

Be nice to use him in run packages. he likes to hit/ Milano has such a nose for the football though.
lets leave it as be.

So nice Bills have depth , even at LB ,

For me?

Keep looking to upgrade them all McBeanes.

28 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Franchise tag is very reasonable for a LB

I imagine that's the plan for next season...beyond that, who knows?

15 million for a LB Tag.

Franchise Tags

QB: $26.824 million
RB: $10.278 million
WR: $17.865 million
TE: $10.607 million
OL: $14.781 million
DE: $17.788 million
DT: $16.126 million
LB: $15.828 million
CB: $16.338 million
S: $11.441 million
K/P: $5.019 million

9 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I don't know if he's going to hold up if he's a long term starter, seems a little small. He has good instincts, I've missed lb's getting to the hole with violence.

Remember what it was like in that season where spikes and fletcher were really peaking? Man I loved watch TKO early on. Same with Sam Cowart. Those guys didn’t even look human out there.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I was REALLY impressed with Dodson first half of this game......what do ppl think of starting him over Klien when Edmunds and Milano come back.

Myself....and its extremely early.....but I am scouting 1st round LB's at the will position in this next year's draft.

Our starting defense only plays 2 starting LBs. We don't play 3 LBs often. 

My question is: does anyone else thing he could make Milano expendable? 

I was really worried about the LBs going into yesterday’s game. It was like borderline consuming me. When the game started I just fell into watching the ball and didn’t pay a ton of attention. Obviously the offense and issues with the broadcast and lightning stole the show. I didn’t really notice Dodson flashing. I can’t say that I noticed him being a liability but the defense sucked. They escaped with a win (and that’s all that matters) but I certainly wasn’t overly impressed with anything about the defense.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Where? The Bills play some form of Nickel 65-70% of their snaps with only Milano and Edmunds on the field. As good as Dodson was you aren't taking one of those two out for him...

As soon as we signed Klein, I went to Game Pass and watched the two Saints games where Klein had the biggest statistical impact v. Tennessee, and Seattle. I thought he looked low-motor, and seemed slow to the ball, especially compared to someone like Milano. Too many plays he would wait for the play to come to him. I know a lot of Saints fans liked him, and his reputation was as a run-stuffer. But, I didn't particularly see it, and I felt we would be disappointed in him, if that was the way he played here.

I know that two, fairly random games is not much of a sample size to draw an opinion, but I feel like I'm seeing the same player in a Bills uniform. He tackles well when he's close enough to the action, but I don't see him getting after it the way Milano, Edmunds, and Lorax did last year. 

I don't know if Dodson is as good a tackler as Klein, but I do think he is faster. We'll see, and honestly, I trust McD, and Frazier over my amateur observations.

• Like (+1) 1

I would be trying to somehow get 15-20lbs on Dean Marlowe. He isn’t going to play over Hyde or Poyer but he could be a dynamic LB. he only needs to put on 15 or 20 to get to where some of the smaller LBs play. He would have exceptional speed and coverage abilities for a LB. He could have the makings of an interesting WLB option IMO.