Weekly PFF Hate

HappyDays

Doesn't matter the grading system used it's all subjective. 2 people can look at the same play and grade it differently. I do believe PFF ratings are more accurate than not but they're not 100% accurate. It's a useful tool but not facts. I don't know why fans can't leave it at that.

Allen is playing better and his grade is showing that improvement. I think it's fair. I remember Jairius Byrd back in the day use to be a major topic because PFF didn't rate his 9 int rookie year very high. Truth is he was pretty lucky that year and didn't do much else. As he improved as an overall safety so did his PFF grade. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Every QB has dropped interceptions. Every QB air mails a ball every now and then. Mahomes did the exact same thing Josh did last week and missed a wide open guy in the EZ by 5 yards. So what, they all do it. Only Allen gets dissected to the degree that he does with armchair analysts trying to prop up their pre-draft conclusions. PFF is the worst they can go blow a goat and get off the Josh Allen train now that it’s left the station. Those guys did everything in their power to support a crap narrative and are not unbiased in the least. 

• Like (+1) 3

The last line of the PFF quote talking about their QB rating system is stupendously condescending, “So a lot of people can’t comprehend it.”  Meaning of course that they are simply too intelligent there at PFF and the typical football fan is too ignorant to grasp their genius.

If PFF’s formula says that Josh Allen’s 417 yard, 4 TD, 0 INT, 70% completion rate performance last week was graded as the twelfth best QB performance last week, just take our word for it because you are too stupid to understand the complexities of why Sam Darnold dumpster fire performance was better.

Instead of looking at their results and realizing there is no way Darnold’s performance was better than Allen’s, and that their methods must be fatally flawed to reach that conclusion, they ask us to ignore our own eyes and just take it on faith that they know more than we do. 

Their QB rating system is obviously a joke and PFF are a bunch of clowns.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

page 259...

If the player has fans that will be outraged we should lower his grade for clicks.  Take the Bills fans for example, they really love football so trolling always pays off there.  Just tell them that some random scrub is better than their guy, then sit back and wait.  Clicks are clicks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Chemical said:

You can’t argue he has been lucky with multiple dropped interceptions in his past 2 and even 3 games going back to the wild card. He still looks much better this season and is basically our entire offense so far. 

Which one's?  I know you will say the out to Diggs where the lineman timed his leap well and made a very good play.  We see this constantly and most batted passes are not intercepted.  

The narrative will always be with Allen that an incompletion verifies he is inaccurate.  

So hitting Diggs or Brown on 40+ yard bombs rate low because they were open and he hit them with perfect throws?😜

Anyone have video of Darnold's week 2 masterpiece that rated higher.  

Yes PFF is much smarter then us.

So they admit that they make stats up on events that didn’t happen, and then assign importants to those things that didn’t happen when rating players/teams, and then pretended that it’s hard to understand... what a bunch of azs hats... I guess if you tell yourself this stuff frequently enough you start believing it’s true...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

So they admit that they make stats up on events that didn’t happen, and then assign importants to those things that didn’t happen when rating players/teams, and then pretended that it’s hard to understand... what a bunch of azs hats... I guess if you tell yourself this stuff frequently enough you start believing it’s true...

The fact people bring up PFF on this site still after they mentioned Duck in the same breathe as Josh, is the issue that needs 350 pages of understanding.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

“He has more positively graded plays through two weeks than any other quarterback.

So the fact that he has more positive graded plays than any other qb but is still ranked lower than 11 other qb means they are adding bias to their system then doesn't it? 

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

"Those who are trained in Pro Football Focus’ grading system get a 350-page manual on what to look for at each position. Players are assigned a score on each play up to +2 or as low as -2 in increments of 0.5."

Thats the only new information.  And why don't they factor things like velocity?  That's an important weapon he uses to be more effective.  Firing balls through tight windows can be huge and should be scored highly rather than docked for being "risky".

Because TB12 has a noodle arm ;)

• Like (+1) 1

I'll never forgot how the did Aaron Rodgers

Rodgers completed 24-of-35 passes for 333 yards and five touchdown passes against zero interceptions, good for a 138.5 passer rating. But PFF, which grades every player’s performance on every play according to its more nuanced model, saw it differently. Take a look at how Rodgers, who graded a negative 0.8 for the game, stacked up against other QBs in Week 3:

CQE_TwSXAAAkqta.png

• Haha (+1) 1