Weekly PFF Hate

HappyDays

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

So Jimmy G. left with an ankle sprain in the 2nd half and outperformed Allen - go figure. 

Must be more of that infallible math they keep touting as part of their "data scientist" team using their BAYESIAN EPA forecast to prognosticate who is going to be successful. It is such an oversimplification of using historical trends that it does not in any meaningful way to capture all the other variables that go into the growth and maturation of a player. 

Per PFF's end of December 2018 article "Breaking down the futures of the first-round QBs of the 2018 draft class"

"It will seem hard to believe for many, but the numbers show great confidence that neither Allen nor Darnold will become the best passer, by PFF passing grade, of the class. That said, unlikely outcomes still happen, and there’s still a greater than a 1/20 chance that either will eventually be considered the best selection."

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Monson is just such a prick.... he just ho hums around the fact that allen has been good. back handed compliments the whole time and then when his feet are finally held to the fire he admits he's played very well and his progression from draft until now has been remarkable....... dude, why cant you just say that to begin with? its so obnoxious.

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Any system that has a guy ranked 12 for the week who passes for 4 TD, 400+ yards and zero turnovers has pretty much no credibility IMO.

Their system on Quarterbacks isn't what I would call "Josh friendly" it is "safe" friendly. I don't love that but their system is consistent. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Their system on Quarterbacks isn't what I would call "Josh friendly" it is "safe" friendly. I don't love that but their system is consistent. 

Is 4 TDs and 0 turnovers not safe enough? I just don't get what grading system could possibly produce this result.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

AMEN...behind darnold and his 180 yds and 1td. behind rivers with his 214 1td 1int....

thats an embarrassingly flawed system.

I watched Jets game yesterday since I'm in 49ers' local market and I have to say Darnold was even unimpressed yesterday than that first game. Majority of his completions were short passes and no one (except probably die-hard Jets fans and  PFF) would say those are short passes picking apart defense. Many are 5-yard WR out pattern to sideline. Darnold was 21/32 for 179 yards yesterday while 74 yards were from the garbage time with 3:07 left in the game trailing 7-31 and 49ers in prevent D. He was 16/27 (59%) for 105 yards before then. It's really weird that his performance could be considered better.

Furthermore:

• Like (+1) 1

"We hate Josh Allen at QB

With our screwy methodology

That says he's as off-target as can be...

Oh my God, we were wrong!

Our narrative is gone

but PFF will never see

(No PFF will never see)

Our own lack of accuracy!"

• Haha (+1) 2

Yeah this one seems fishy. There were definitely plays where you could knock him like the misses on 3rd down, an almost INT, and an almost fumble. But ultimately he made too many big time throws and scored too much to have him that far back.