Weekly PFF Hate

HappyDays

Only 3 other QB's in NFL history have had the start that Allen has had through 2 weeks...none of them are this year but Allen, although Wilson is quite close, so might as well lump him in and say 4 other QB's.  

PFF still grades him low.  Its embarrassingly inaccurate system.  And at some point they have to start considering credibility you would think and either stop click baiting or re-evaluate their system if they are grading out Allen as the 12th best QB this week and behind Darnolds atrocious performance for example.  There is ONLY one player who has a case for a higher grade than Allen this week, and that is Wilson, and that is a negligible argument as they were both phenomenal performances.  Thats it.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Only 3 other QB's in NFL history have had the start that Allen has had through 2 weeks...none of them are this year but Allen, although Wilson is quite close, so might as well lump him in and say 4 other QB's.  

PFF still grades him low.  Its embarrassingly inaccurate system.  And at some point they have to start considering credibility you would think and either stop click baiting or re-evaluate their system if they are grading out Allen as the 12th best QB this week and behind Darnolds atrocious performance for example.  There is ONLY one player who has a case for a higher grade than Allen this week, and that is Wilson, and that is a negligible argument as they were both phenomenal performances.  Thats it.  

Further proof that analytics is bunk.

BUNK.

19 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Problem is... they are supposed to be based on some type of "non-biased" analytics. Therefore, there should be no click bait attached. Their opinion pieces, on the other hand, would make click bait sense.

Sorta sick to manipulate numbers to meet their narrative. Basically just hot trash takes.

Absolutely, but it’s not like there’s any actual consequences to their “calculations,” right? They’re basically just an infotainment outlet, like cable news. 

2 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Absolutely, but it’s not like there’s any actual consequences to their “calculations,” right? They’re basically just an infotainment outlet, like cable news. 

Well that and the fact that they put out these 'grades' first thing Monday...which means they're just using broadcast footage. And in Allen's case, it's missing about 20 mins of tape because of the power outage. 

PFF is to be safely ignored by people who actually know football.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Because Collinsworth owns a majority of PFF.... that information alone should be enough to stop paying attention to them. 

Collinsworth is PAINFUL to listen to.

The nonsensical blathering, the real-time hypotheticals that he seems to pull out of his arse, and the self deprecating “back when I played... a-hyuckHYUCKHYUCK”-ing, it’s a really tough listen on sunday nights. Al Michaels, the voice is legendary but dude’s a dinosaur and he doesn’t do enough to balance Collinsworth out.

Ok sorry. I guess I’m triggered lol.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The nonsensical blathering, the real-time hypotheticals that he seems to pull out of his arse, and the self deprecating “back when I played... a-hyuckHYUCKHYUCK”-ing, it’s a really tough listen on sunday nights. Al Michaels, the voice is legendary but dude’s a dinosaur and he doesn’t do enough to balance Collinsworth out.

No please continue 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I stopped at PFF.

Hey, @GunnerBill can you remind me of the things you say PFF does well?

A lot of their analytical stuff. Number of snaps guys play at certain spots and when they play there and then their coverage stats and their pass rush win % stuff. They do that better than their competitors. And their grading system is not useless. It isn't perfect either, by any means, and you have to take them with a pinch of salt they are subjective not objective. 

10 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Whereas I think after Romo he is the best color guy out there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Any system that has a guy ranked 12 for the week who passes for 4 TD, 400+ yards and zero turnovers has pretty much no credibility IMO.

AMEN...behind darnold and his 180 yds and 1td. behind rivers with his 214 1td 1int....

thats an embarrassingly flawed system.