Weekly PFF Hate

HappyDays

25 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I honestly, 100% believe they are doing these types of things for clicks at this point (which they have partly admitted in the past).  It's so odd to me how some people cannot just admit they were wrong.  The PFF stats/analytics nerds said Allen would suck...he doesn't...so they just downgrade him lol.  I guess....they win?

This 100% has to be it. The book is out on how to get clicks and eyeballs from #BillsMafia, and PFF is all in. They engage way more people by talking sh!* about Josh Allen than they would with well-reasoned, thoughtful takes. 

Best thing to do is ignore them. 

Edited by jimmy10
  • Like (+1) 3

I have only looked at stats, but it looks there were some great QB performances yesterday. I guess I can understand not putting Allen at #1, but #12????? That is laughable. Either PFF is run by a bunch of idiots (seems possible), or it is like others have said this is about getting attention and they know Bills fans will show up.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

This 100% has to be it. The book is out on how to get clicks and eyeballs from #BillsMafia, and PFF is all in. They engage way more people by talking sh!* about Josh Allen than they would with well-reasoned, thoughtful takes.

Problem is... they are supposed to be based on some type of "non-biased" analytics. Therefore, there should be no click bait attached. Their opinion pieces, on the other hand, would make click bait sense.

Sorta sick to manipulate numbers to meet their narrative. Basically just hot trash takes.

I’ve never had much respect for PFF as everything they do lacks context and you have to take anything PFF says with a bolder of salt. It’s all subjective and I suspect they aren’t above shoe-horning stats to satisfy a predetermined narrative. I know of two instances where an agent actually cited PFF analyses in contract negotiations and they were laughed out of the GM’s office.

Maybe they’ve gotten better since and I honestly don’t know as I pay them no mind, but in just looking at the list posted in the op, I don’t think so. Can you imagine walking into a team’s front office and trying to convince them that Darnold outplayed Josh Allen yesterday? :lol: