Black Monday for NFL injuries

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Players workload over the summer were greatly reduced and it shows in tackling.

Facts do not match what you are saying.

I’m taking about how the owners are pushing hard for that 18 game season, my bad. The injuries this year are most likely due to poor grass/turf conditions and not much time to condition properly for the season. 

26 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

McCaffrey I believe is being held out in an attempt by Panthers to get to #1 overall

Unfortunately that already belongs to Jets

Was just watching a video on ESPN where Keyshawn and some other guy were already talking about the Jets taking Lawrence #1 overall. 

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What horrible weekend for injuries

Saquon Barkley, Nick Bosa, Solomon Thomas, Courtland Sutton, out for year with torn ACLs

It's made worse by many '49ers being concerned about the sticky field at Metlife before the game

Having lunch with a friend a couple weeks ago, this was exactly what we talked about. The Pre-Season isn't really about talent evaluations anymore, it's much more about conditioning. For that purpose, I think 2 Pre-Season games still makes sense because they can get a quarter of play in the first week and then a full half the second Pre-Season game. Making that first week their 3rd game action of the season helping to diminish these issues. 

• Like (+1) 1

If anyone has too much time on their hands, I wonder how many injuries there are typically in the first few weeks of camp/preseason games on a typical year; and what that compares to with the games just played.  Its feels like they compiled all the bad news that usually happens in the offseason into 8 hours of awfulness.  Hopefully playing one game with their two starting LBs out is all the Bills have to deal with.     

Edited by Gregthekeg

4 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

If anyone has too much time on their hands, I wonder how many injuries there are typically in the first few weeks of camp/preseason games on a typical year; and what that compares to with the games just played.  Its feels like they compiled all the bad news that usually happens in the offseason into 8 hours of awfulness.  Hopefully playing one game with their two starting LBs out is all the Bills have to deal with.     

This actually makes a lot of sense. It's just crazy how many big names are now gone for a while or for the year, all on the same day.

24 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

You cannot compare easily.

• In preseason and training camp players would be let go that during year so they can get more bodies in camp,  During year many of those may be inactive which is part of reason why there are inactive players.
  • This year IR is different and bringing up from training is different and it is harder to get players on active roster from outside team.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

IMO the reason for so many injuries is lack of formal training camp and preseason.

Yes they had virtual ones where they had nutrition and training go over issues with players over video but not the same.

Lack of equipment during off season is also reason - having the best training equipment is why Bills invested in facilities.

I am sure NFLPA disagrees. They want preseason and training camps reduced as much as possible and they always have.

Are you sure?  A fair comparison would be the number of injuries in the longer training camp and preseason games compared to the injuries in the 1st two weeks.

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Are you the long lost, illegitimate son of @Gugny?

He’s been claiming it’s all a frame job for years.

’Lil Gigs’

Heh?  These professional athletes came into camp with beer bellies and no conditioning this year?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You think they move on from Darnold if they are picking #1? Or trade the pick for a kings ransom 

If they don’t take Lawerence and try to trade Darnold - the GM should be fired and I think Douglas is pretty smart.

It has nothing to do with production, but contract.  If they keep Darnold - they have to pay a true QB salary upper 20 - 35 million per season.  

With Lawerence you reset the contract to rookie base and have 4 years to build with that rookie deal.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

IMO the reason for so many injuries is lack of formal training camp and preseason.

Yes they had virtual ones where they had nutrition and training go over issues with players over video but not the same.

Lack of equipment during off season is also reason - having the best training equipment is why Bills invested in facilities.

I am sure NFLPA disagrees. They want preseason and training camps reduced as much as possible and they always have.

Training camp and preseason are far more important than what a noisy minority of the fan base thinks, it is utterly stupid to not have a full preseason training regime, to include those four games/scrimmages, the large numbers of injuries are a testament to why those who hot take this issue are just so obviously wrong. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1