New England Is Still The Team To Beat in AFC East (For Now)

Like A Mofo

11 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Tape always plays to NE*'s advantage.  Belichick is at his weakest early in the season when other teams haven't yet been taped extensively.

They are experts at exploiting game film.

Billy is under .500 without Brady.  Hes a good defensive mind who struck gold in the 6th round.  Outside of tht he would've just been another Greg Williams 

18 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Tape always plays to NE*'s advantage.  Belichick is at his weakest early in the season when other teams haven't yet been taped extensively.

They are experts at exploiting game film.

I believe Brady had a lot more to do with that than many think.

Cam is not Brady.

2 hours ago, P Riv said:

Truth, and I would point out that NE lost 8 players to opt'ing out and has a huge amount of cap space.  Perish the thought, but they will be better next year.  Our time is now, we have to establish ourselves THIS year.  Next year won't be an option if they win the division again this year and improve their team in the offseason with all that extra $$.  

That money will go to Newton or they start all over with no Qb...

Seattle's D has given up over 1,000 yards in 2 weeks.  Last night, they lost their best pass rusher, and 3 key players in the secondary.

When Cam went back to pass, he could have enjoyed a sandwich and a beer before throwing. And half the receivers he connected with had no one around them.

In short - we'll see.

8 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Before beginning I want to say, I am THRILLED over the moon at what we are seeing from Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, the offense in general and at times the defense. What we COULD see here can potentially be VERY special for the next few years.

Having said this...

New England showed me last night by coming razor close to winning in Seattle that this is still a team we have to contend with. Newton looks different under a top coaching staff. Defense yes has holes but we all know Bill generally figures things out for his defense as things go along.

Talent is huge in sports as we know, but so is the mental aspect, and I still believe deep down inside New England Patriots, despite losing Brady, Gronk and other starters, still have a mental edge over the Buffalo Bills organization, until proven otherwise.

McDermott and the coaching staff have been excellent, but have had mixed results against the upper tier coaches in the NFL at least for now. Especially against Belichick. While last year we proved that we are very close to knocking through that door and taking command of the AFC East,  and I am FULLY confident the Bills can get over that hurdle, I am still taking this mindset until we truly knock them off, New England is the team to beat.

Josh is going to have to pass for 300+ yards to beat them.  I don't think our D is good enough against a Bill B team.

2 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

That money will go to Newton or they start all over with no Qb...

Thats possible, but they have a lot of cap space next year and a lot of opt out peeps coming back (at least on paper).  Our window is small and we need to make the move THIS year in my opinion, otherwise everyone gets restless.  This isn't really an even competition when we're dealing with the 2nd richest franchise in the league and an owner that hangs out with the Commish.  We're looking for respect, Hoodie and Spa boy look for SBs.  

Edited by P Riv

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, I often am....but IMHO the Seattle defense is soft as a pillow especially against the pass.  The Legion of Boom is long disbanded.

I think we faced a better D yesterday in Miami, better coached certainly.  Not a fan of Ken Norton, Jr here.

Seattle after 2 games is last in the league for 1st downs given up, and last in the league for pass yardage.  Bottom 3rd (22nd) for points.  Stingy run D, but also gave up >400 yds passing to Atlanta.  Yeah, it's only 2 games, but that's pretty much where they were last year as well.

You are correct. I was surprised he had almost 400 yards because it honestly didn't feel like he was playing that well. Thinking back to the broadcast, Seattle lost nearly their entire secondary in the 1st quarter. So that 400 yards is less impressive, although its still a very good night 

NE is no joke. They aren't the same team, especially with half their defense opting out, but they are not bad, either.

Brady has been done for a year and half now, starting with their last SB winning run. That was all running game and elite defense, with a play here and there from the QB. Cam of 2020 is an upgrade over the current version of Brady.

I see NE pushing for that 7th spot Wildcard, if not the 6th spot. 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

NE is no joke. They aren't the same team, especially with half their defense opting out, but they are not bad, either.

Brady has been done for a year and half now, starting with their last SB winning run. That was all running game and elite defense, with a play here and there from the QB. Cam of 2020 is an upgrade over the current version of Brady.

I see NE pushing for that 7th spot Wildcard, if not the 6th spot. 

You can never sleep on a Belicheck coached team

22 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

I will not go away. If you don't like opposing fans participating in threads. Put them ignore or just ignore their post.

And the difference with the fins given the pats trouble, the pats have gone on to win bigger games...

Slow down stop being sensitive...nobody here dissed the bills. This is football talk.

I think I got carried away with the imperative ¨go away¡¡¨... in Spanish, it would´ve been ¨saquese!!¨a little bit let´s harsh that it reads in English. Sorry for thta, and I am sensitive, but not on football matters, after all I am a Bills fan also...🙃