New England Is Still The Team To Beat in AFC East (For Now)

Like A Mofo

Yup, until we beat them the rode to the AFCE title goes through Foxboro, and it pains me to say it.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No matter how good Cam is...he’s not Brady. He’s not literally the best QB in the history of Football. I will take our chances 

Cam Newton has gone to a SB. He doesn't need to be Brady. The bills and McDermott haven't beaten BB yet to date....and for the Seattle weak D talk. The bills as of now only played The jet and the fins and the fins gave you a game....

I know some here hate to hear that..but its true. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Cam Newton has gone to a SB. He doesn't need to be Brady. The bills and McDermott haven't beaten BB yet to date....and for the Seattle weak D talk. The bills as of now only played The jet and the fins and the fins gave you a game....

Ghost...please, Go away! back to your Pats***** board, and while on the way out of here, remember the fins have not only given your (Pats****) a game, but beat you a couple of times with Brady at the helm, 

41 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I presume by the"you" that you are a Pats** fan. The parts of your statement that are "true" are events that have already happened. Beyond that, the Bills have racked up Offense, are 2-0 and ran into a well coached team on the road (a team which also did not make it easy for "your" team). 

Lets talk again after 11/1, shall we ? 

11 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

Ghost...please, Go away! back to your Pats***** board, and while on the way out of here, remember the fins have not only given your (Pats****) a game, but beat you a couple of times with Brady at the helm, 

I will not go away. If you don't like opposing fans participating in threads. Put them ignore or just ignore their post.

And the difference with the fins given the pats trouble, the pats have gone on to win bigger games...

Slow down stop being sensitive...nobody here dissed the bills. This is football talk.

Edited by Ghost_002!

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I presume by the"you" that you are a Pats** fan. The parts of your statement that are "true" are events that have already happened. Beyond that, the Bills have racked up Offense, are 2-0 and ran into a well coached team on the road (a team which also did not make it easy for "your" team). 

Lets talk again after 11/1, shall we ? 

Yes I am a pats fan. And you should go look at that pats vs fins game from wk 1 a little more...if it wasn't for a Harry fumble near the end zone. The pats would of been up 21-3...But he fumbled and the fins scored...but the game wasn't competitive...

as I stated if you want to factor in Seattle's weak D as a factor, then we can factor in fins and jets being weak opps.

If the shoe was on the other foot. I am sure the pats only playing the jets n the fins would of been brought up.

3 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Before beginning I want to say, I am THRILLED over the moon at what we are seeing from Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, the offense in general and at times the defense. What we COULD see here can potentially be VERY special for the next few years.

Having said this...

New England showed me last night by coming razor close to winning in Seattle that this is still a team we have to contend with. Newton looks different under a top coaching staff. Defense yes has holes but we all know Bill generally figures things out for his defense as things go along.

Talent is huge in sports as we know, but so is the mental aspect, and I still believe deep down inside New England Patriots, despite losing Brady, Gronk and other starters, still have a mental edge over the Buffalo Bills organization, until proven otherwise.

McDermott and the coaching staff have been excellent, but have had mixed results against the upper tier coaches in the NFL at least for now. Especially against Belichick. While last year we proved that we are very close to knocking through that door and taking command of the AFC East,  and I am FULLY confident the Bills can get over that hurdle, I am still taking this mindset until we truly knock them off, New England is the team to beat.

So Pats scored 3 offensive TDs, only ran for 67 yards with Cam gaining 47 of them.  Also gave up 155 Rushing yds and >5 yPC to Seahawks.  and allowed >10 Yds per attempt to Seahawks passing game along with 5 passing TDs and a 75% pass completion rate.  I saw a team that couldn't pressure a QB and struggled to cover downfield. I like the Bills chances against NE this year.

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

Your Pats* lost the game.........I know you hate to hear it......but it's true.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Your Pats* lost the game.........I know you hate to hear it......but it's true.

they were also gifted a contact penalty at the end of the game by the refs to get them closer.

Seattle looked like the better team and this is not a particularly strong version of Caroll's Seahawks.

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Wrrrong! Not at all upset. They looked better than expected. Offense looked better than expected. 

You don't hate to hear that your team lost?

Weird.

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

Truth, and I would point out that NE lost 8 players to opt'ing out and has a huge amount of cap space.  Perish the thought, but they will be better next year.  Our time is now, we have to establish ourselves THIS year.  Next year won't be an option if they win the division again this year and improve their team in the offseason with all that extra $$.  

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

they were also gifted a contact penalty at the end of the game by the refs to get them closer.

Seattle looked like the better team and this is not a particularly strong version of Caroll's Seahawks.

You don't hate to hear that your team lost?

Weird.

Its called being logical.

Just now, P Riv said:

Truth, and I would point out that NE lost 8 players to opt'ing out and has a huge amount of cap space.  Perish the thought, but they will be better next year.  Our time is now, we have to establish ourselves THIS year.  Next year won't be an option if they win the division again this year and improve their team in the offseason with all that extra $$.  

Ain't mad at all by any of this...take no shorts.

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Its called being logical.

Lol, no its not.

You apparently don't understand that term. Maybe you're looking for "acceptance." Like, you "accept" that your team wasn't good enough to win. Which is fine. The Pats are particularly more vulnerable than they've been in a long time.

As a fan, you hate to hear it anytime your team loses.

4 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Before beginning I want to say, I am THRILLED over the moon at what we are seeing from Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, the offense in general and at times the defense. What we COULD see here can potentially be VERY special for the next few years.

Having said this...

New England showed me last night by coming razor close to winning in Seattle that this is still a team we have to contend with. Newton looks different under a top coaching staff. Defense yes has holes but we all know Bill generally figures things out for his defense as things go along.

Talent is huge in sports as we know, but so is the mental aspect, and I still believe deep down inside New England Patriots, despite losing Brady, Gronk and other starters, still have a mental edge over the Buffalo Bills organization, until proven otherwise.

McDermott and the coaching staff have been excellent, but have had mixed results against the upper tier coaches in the NFL at least for now. Especially against Belichick. While last year we proved that we are very close to knocking through that door and taking command of the AFC East,  and I am FULLY confident the Bills can get over that hurdle, I am still taking this mindset until we truly knock them off, New England is the team to beat.

Yes because 15-19 for 155 and 0/0 is far more impressive than 24-35, 417 and 4/0.  If we have Milano or Edmonds or both.  We'll destroy NE.  That Seattle D isn't what it used to be.  They were near the bottom of the league last season and lost 2 contributors.  One now plays on our Dline the other in Tennessee.

Don’t know how good Seattle’s defense is. They’ve given up close to 1,000 yards in two games, and by the second quarter they’d lost their starting safety AND his backup.

Nothing can skew a game’s perception vs it’s reality quite like a defensive touchdown. That’s huge positive random variability for the Patriots.

New England seemed to have a game comparable to the one the Falcons played against the Seahawks last week. What does that mean? I’m not sure, but while Cam has looked very good so far, I don’t think this game against Seattle is quite the positive measure it would’ve been in years past, and I’m not sold that even this version of the matchup was as close as the score would indicate.

Edited by Ecmic82