New England Is Still The Team To Beat in AFC East (For Now)

Like A Mofo

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Seattle's pass D gave up 831 yards in 2 games.  Worse in the NFL.

NFC West is tough but all are beatable.  Interesting games coming up.

tons of injuries to the 9ers too... that game might not be as tough as we first anticipated.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

tons of injuries to the 9ers too... that game might not be as tough as we first anticipated.

You know that is why I don't do season/game/score predictions.  There are so many variables every season that it's tough enough to accurately evaluate

the next game on the schedule let alone games next month or more away.  New England has as many unknowns as any other team this year.

For as many fans using the Pats*/Seahawks game as a reference for how they will play against our Bills other fans can add that Miami can beat the Pats*

just as easy (especially the way they played yesterday).

I enjoy every game as they come one play at a time.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Seattle's D has not looked good the first 2 games of the season.  Gifting a pick 6 to start didn't help either.

If this is the Seattle team going forward Bills have an even chance to beat them.

The good thing concerning the Pats* is there will be a lot of tape on their offense by the time the Bills play them.

I was also impressed with the overall performance of the pats***** so far , especially on the road against a good Seattle team , 

with that said it’s a long season  , and let’s see how mr Newton does when it’s windy minus -20* outside !!

Edited by Putin

Shows how good coaching can be especially from the best there is. 

Honestly this is the best Cam has ever looked in terms of passing. Best balls? No...but best decisions? Yes. 

I agree they are the team to beat. Sweeping the division is the way we tell the world this is our division. 

Beat the Pats twice and our message is loud and clear to the league. 

30 minutes ago, H2o said:

Cam is finally healthy. Belichick is still Belichick. Even with all of the opt outs this year they still have a good team. Until we beat them during the regular season and actually win the division then they are the team to beat. 

Cam is healthy now.  But McDaniels seems to be calling A LOT of designed QB runs and the refs are still looking the other way on clear RTP penalties.

His body won't hold up long if both of those things continue.

And Edelman looked half-dead out there last night.

I feel bad for Cam.  Edelman can suck it.

• Like (+1) 1

My attitude going into the season is the Bills are the most talented bunch and should win the division... but they have to actually do it. Beat the Pats 11/1 and set the table for good moving forward. I think the Pats are decent I never bought into them being a 5-11 bunch, but they are a team Buffalo should beat. Like you said mental edge might be the bigger barrier at this point. If Cam is fully healthy for 16 games they can absolutely win 10.

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

I was also impressed with the overall performance of the pats***** so far , especially on the road against a good Seattle team , 

with that said it’s a long season  , and let’s see how mr Newton does when it’s windy minus -20* outside !!

From what I have seen Cam has shown he is an up and down QB for the majority of his career.  It will happen in NE* too.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Cam is healthy now.  But McDaniels seems to be calling A LOT of designed QB runs and the refs are still looking the other way on clear RTP penalties.

His body won't hold up long if both of those things continue.

And Edelman looked half-dead out there last night.

I feel bad for Cam.  Edelman can suck it.

Great point sir !!! 
It’s a LONG season let’s see how his body holds up if he continues to run 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Do you think McDermott might have some idea on how to slow down Cam? How have we done before?

I think you have Edmunds spy him.  And get D pressure on him.  Cam still makes a lot of dumb decisions with the passing game and can be wildly inaccurate at times.  If our D-line can put some pressure on him and Edmunds  close him down quickly, I think they're beatable.  Still their division to lose.  They've more than earned that respect.

I think it was Collinsworth who had an interesting point about containing Russel Wilson.  He noted late in the game that NE started blitzing safeties and DB's and that Wilson can't escape guys that are as athletic as him (as opposed to D-line and LB's).  Hopefully a blueprint for us

Think about what we did to Lamar Jackson last year.   40 yds rushing and 145 yds passing.  

You can really see the value McD was going for with Edmunds and Milano.  Hope they're back soon.

If our defense is healthy we are way better than the Seahags. The way we are playing right now our offense is on par with the Seahags. Plus I feel like the Cheatriots played their best game of the year against the Hags. We might do a home home split but I feel like we should sweep em. 

This year if we lose to them I’m just buying a piece of drywall and some mud before the Patriots game. I’ve gone threw that wall so many times I know exactly where the studs are.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

7 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I think you have Edmunds spy him.  And get D pressure on him.  Cam still makes a lot of dumb decisions with the passing game and can be wildly inaccurate at times.  If our D-line can put some pressure on him and Edmunds  close him down quickly, I think they're beatable.  Still their division to lose.  They've more than earned that respect.

I think it was Collinsworth who had an interesting point about containing Russel Wilson.  He noted late in the game that NE started blitzing safeties and DB's and that Wilson can't escape guys that are as athletic as him (as opposed to D-line and LB's).  Hopefully a blueprint for us

Think about what we did to Lamar Jackson last year.   40 yds rushing and 145 yds passing.  

You can really see the value McD was going for with Edmunds and Milano.  Hope they're back soon.

Our defense is setup to stop the Ravens and Cardinals of the NFL. Every player knows his job and flies to the ball. I feel like a offense like the Titans might be our kryptonite but we could still put up a solid defensive showing against them.

Edmunds and Milano are two of the fastest LB’s in the NFL and top cover LB’s in the NFL. I feel like we are going to get 2 picks against Cammy Cakes.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu