I’m already willing to admit it, I was wrong on Diggs

DCofNC

I was kind of indifferent to the trade.  I recognized Diggs talent but ultimately my point of view is the Bills growth on offense depends more on Allen's development than surrounding him with more talent.  More talent is better, always is but the QB needed to progress.  After two weeks it is clear Diggs has helped a lot but also clear Allen has taken great strides.  He looks so much more comfortable, like the game has slowed down for him.  His deep ball could not have improved more.  Having Diggs has allowed Brown and Beasley to be more open than last year.  The pass protection has been really good.  It has just all been great across the board

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Protocal69 said:

Yeah the same Byron Jones Josh Allen tossed like a rag and dot up his secondary on Thanksgiving vs Dallas. Yeah ok

Kinda like he did Van Noy yesterday? That one was so bad they blew the whistle like a ref stopping the fight. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

People keep on wanting to get upset when they hear a player gets upset for not getting touches.......

That means they are a COMPETITOR.......

I always knew Diggs had game.....wanted him way sooner then the bills traded for him and posted such on the board a few times.   He seemed like the perfect fit and he is.

and all the other WR's benefit from it......

I know it sounds weird to say, but just imagine Josh coming into this lineup his 1st year. I think he would have really struggled and maybe some of his teammates would have given him a hard time and not liked him. I could imagine a true #1 alpha receiver giving him a hard time because he would have missed a lot of throws. I think Beane and McD. actually played it perfect.

9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Remember all of the questions whether they gave up too much?  I wonder if anyone wants that 1st round draft pick back?!?!

You are forgetting the context. Hopkins was traded for a RB and a 2nd round pick.  Most would agree Hopkins is a top 2 or 3 WR and Diggs was more in the 5-10 range.  I think most thought a first round pick was fair but when compared to how little Arizona gave up the question was asked if Buffalo outpriced the market.  The consensus among almost everyone on this board was the Bills paid a fair price and the Texans got fleeced.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Dudes arguably been in the top 10 WRs in the league the last 2-3 years.... think he was rated 7th last year. 

I was happy with the trade from day one. WR’s in the draft are a total crap shoot. Diggs was NFL proven! And pretty cheap, at least for a while.  I went from happy to ecstatic when Josh threw the ball that would have been picked in recent years, but Diggs went and GOT IT!

I’m sold! That’s an awesome connection. 

• Like (+1) 1

think he was the highest rated wr in contested catch % and he showed it this past Sunday.  That sideline route he simply took the ball away from the db .  He's the missing ingredient for Josh  A guy you can trust to throw 50/50 balls and win more often than not.   Now if someone can teach Knox how to hold onto the pigskin