I’m already willing to admit it, I was wrong on Diggs

DCofNC

The guy is a baller, not that it wasn’t already obvious from Minn.  what I didn’t realize is how much better he made everyone else in the WR group.  Guys are diving, fighting, blocking and playing good aggressive football.  Diggs has made a REAL impact on this team.  It’s more than just what he can do in the field, he’s the leader they needed and holding people accountable.  I like it.  I thought they gave up too much to bring him in vs. the rookie class and then obviously the Hopkins trade, but I was wrong.  Even if this is a start he can’t maintain, his impact is bigger than the stat line. 

He and Brown will have 1k yards each and Gabe Davis is going to be a really big contributor, the kid has game, he may only get a handful of looks a game to start, but I really like the pick.  Beasley also is going to benefit a lot from him, he’s back to a true 3rd option, right where he can thrive. 

Diggs really needs to take Knox on as his project haha.  Knox is the Josh Allen of TEs, so much raw talent, but so many things to clean up.  Hopefully, both of them learn more ball security, it’s the only flaw that’s a real issue right now.  Love them both, but you can see Defenses are keyed in on taking the ball away before tackling them as neither will just go down, gotta get that fixed.

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I think the lack of effort from his team mates is why he was unhappy in Minnesota. They just look terrible without him.

I don't think him and Cousins had the best of relationships either. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was all in on the Diggs trade but he has still outperformed my expectations. He does everything a #1 receiver should do and I can't pick out a weakness. I think this is the first year he's hitting his full potential. He'll just be turning 27 in November so we'll have him for the prime of his career.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ProcessAccepted said:

Everyone except PFF. I've frigging dying to see their week 2 recap this week. Can't wait to see how they spin it.

They'll blame Allen's entire dismantling of the Miami Secondary on Byron Jones getting hurt. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I think the lack of effort from his team mates is why he was unhappy in Minnesota. They just look terrible without him.

No question.  Spielman has done a great job keeping their core together, but trading him was a major blunder, regardless of Diggs being unhappy.  A special talent like him needs to be kept, especially when making 11 mill a year.  It looks like this Vikings team is finished. Luckily they just paid their RB 12 mill a year 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I thought Diggs was a fantastic pickup.  But I also thought his production might be a little off just because (1) we have other legit targets, and (2) Josh hasn't put up big passing numbers over the course of his short career.  

But I think Daboll's, Josh's, and DIgg's wildest fantasies are coming true - at least thru Week 2.   I never expected Allen to be #1 in passing yards and Diggs #1 in receiving yards at this point.  It's an awesome surprise!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was all in on the Diggs trade but he has still outperformed my expectations. He does everything a #1 receiver should do and I can't pick out a weakness. I think this is the first year he's hitting his full potential. He'll just be turning 27 in November so we'll have him for the prime of his career.

Tied for the NFL lead with Ridley in receiving yards with 239...

I can happily say on this one I was begging for that trade before the trade deadline last season. He was my #1 target along with mike Evans. I wanted someone still kinda young but already signed to a decent long term contract. He was just the perfect fit for Allen’s style of play. I don’t bash many moves, so no crow for me to eat on this one. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I can happily say on this one I was begging for that trade before the trade deadline last season. He was my #1 target along with mike Evans. I wanted someone still kinda young but already signed to a decent long term contract. He was just the perfect fit for Allen’s style of play. I don’t bash many moves, so no crow for me to eat on this one. 

I’m sure many of us were. Still stunned Beane got it done!

Me 

https://m.facebook.com/13WHAM/videos/kids-reaction-to-bills-vikings-trade-is-amazing/497550630937980/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He's perfect for Allen. Allen craves that critique of his performance and Diggs doesn't hesitate to provide it. What got Diggs run out of Arizona by Cousins is what makes him perfect for Josh. 

Amazing trade btw, way better than anything you could get in the 1st round. You'd hope that a drafted receive could become a #1 on the level of Diggs. The price was pretty low and only got overshadowed because BoB was gonna teach Hopkins a lesson (which seems to be really working out for BoB btw).

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1