AFC Power Rankings

ngbills

I can still see Miami winning 7-9 games.  They just opened up against a team they had little info on in NE and Buffalo, who they have struggled against since McDermott got there.  They’ll beat at least 2 NFC West teams and finish 3-3 in the AFC east (2 wins against NYJ and one against NE) 

5 minutes ago, frogger said:

I can still see Miami winning 7-9 games.  They just opened up against a team they had little info on in NE and Buffalo, who they have struggled against since McDermott got there.  They’ll beat at least 2 NFC West teams and finish 3-3 in the AFC east (2 wins against NYJ and one against NE) 

I’ll take that bet.  What’s the stakes?They will compete hard every game. They just don’t have enough yet.  But they have a really bright future.  They would be real trouble if they had MF and LT.

23 hours ago, ngbills said:

A bit too early for this. But after too weeks the early indicators are out. My AFC Power Rankings:

BAL - Two dominating performances

KC - Its the Chiefs

BUF - Improved offense; Two wins vs bottom feeders

PIT - D and running game

TEN -  2-0 but have not looked great

NE - Almost beat SEA on road

LAC - Nearly beat Chiefs

LAV - Win v Panthers on road. 

HOU - Tough start but vs good teams.

IND - Good or bad Rivers?

CLE - Better team if they can stick to the run game. 

JAC - Not as bad as expected.

DEN - Could be going downhill with injuries piling up.

CIN - Burrow has been impressive.

MIA - D is awful. FItz is just Fitz.

NYJ - Terrible. Got steamrolled two weeks in a row. 

1 - Ravens - the best and most complete team in football

2 - Chiefs - the Champs and with elite playmakers but weaknesses in certain spots - noticeably corner.

3 - Bills - need their linebackers healthy and benefitting from a weaker division but well coached and well Quarterbacked - lively outside contender

4 - Titans - also well coached, have an identity, win close games

5 - Steelers - defense is for real, inconsistent on offense tougher tests await

6 - Patriots - still brilliantly coached, upgraded at QB, defensive front 7 a weakness

7 - Raiders - not totally sold, but a surprising 2-0, offense looking good

8 - Browns - defense worries me but I do think their offense will score points

9 - Texans - were competitive against the Ravens, schedule is brutal through 4 weeks but opens up after that

10 - Chargers - trending up but they have habit of playing the Chiefs tough and then let downs the next week

11 - Colts - still not buying Rivers, defense does look improved though, especially the secondary

12 - Bengals - Tough division but Burrows looks good and they have light at the end of the tunnel

13 - Dolphins - Need their corners healthy but are not without their strengths

14 - Jaguars - They are fighting hard but lack talent

15 - Broncos - No QB, Sutton done for the year, their best offensive tackle opted out and they find ways to lose close ones - I am out

16 - Jets - Darnold looks broken and the coaching is horrible

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1 - Ravens - the best and most complete team in football

2 - Chiefs - the Champs and with elite playmakers but weaknesses in certain spots - noticeably corner.

3 - Bills - need their linebackers healthy and benefitting from a weaker division but well coached and well Quarterbacked - lively outside contender

4 - Titans - also well coached, have an identity, win close games

5 - Steelers - defense is for real, inconsistent on offense tougher tests await

6 - Patriots - still brilliantly coached, upgraded at QB, defensive front 7 a weakness

7 - Raiders - not totally sold, but a surprising 2-0, offense looking good

8 - Browns - defense worries me but I do think their offense will score points

9 - Texans - were competitive against the Ravens, schedule is brutal through 4 weeks but opens up after that

10 - Chargers - trending up but they have habit of playing the Chiefs tough and then let downs the next week

11 - Colts - still not buying Rivers, defense does look improved though, especially the secondary

12 - Bengals - Tough division but Burrows looks good and they have light at the end of the tunnel

13 - Dolphins - Need their corners healthy but are not without their strengths

14 - Jaguars - They are fighting hard but lack talent

15 - Broncos - No QB, Sutton done for the year, their best offensive tackle opted out and they find ways to lose close ones - I am out

16 - Jets - Darnold looks broken and the coaching is horrible

I would put Miami second last.  I would have the Jags but I think they have seen sneaky talent and GM is a baller.  Splitting hairs.  

I also think the Steelers are going to be awesome as Ben gets more reps. It might be the best defense he has ever had and they are loaded at receiver.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would put Miami second last.  I would have the Jags but I think they have seen sneaky talent and GM is a baller.  Splitting hairs.  

I also think the Steelers are going to be awesome as Ben gets more reps. It might be the best defense he has ever had and they are loaded at receiver.

I have to say I am less sold on their receivers than most people seem to be. I do think their defense is awesome and Ben while not quite prime Ben has shown he can still throw. I just think their skill position guys are kind of so-so. JuJu is good, not convinced he is great, Johnson I like but I think you can take away, Claypool has been better than I expected but I think is a bit one dimensional and James Washington, meh. They beat up on the Broncos corners on Sunday but I think a junior high team would have scored on the Broncos corners to be honest with Bouye out.

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s what is great about sports. 

You play to WIN the game.

• Haha (+1) 1

I get the "hold your horses" talk but sometimes you can tell a team is good. How good remains to be seen, but to me they look like an 11+ win team. Good teams do have bad weeks and lose games, especially young ones that aren't the Brady/BB  Patriots of the 2000's. So I expect a few setbacks, but I also expect a lot of wins. 

This team is good. The QB is hitting his receivers all over the field, guys are making plays, and the defense has been depleted by injuries but is hanging in there until the top LBs come back.

The roster is talented, well-coached, and mostly young. 

Now, I don't expect Allen to throw for 300+ every week, or for the offense to be as successful every week. But this isn't just a mirage, either. 

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I keep reading it was just the JETS and Miami.

While I just read the Rams are tough at 2-0 and they played the Dallas and Philly.  And Dallas won because the Falcons screwed the pooch on the botched kick recovery!! 

I like referring to them as "the Dallas". It makes it more like a singular force of evil rather than collection of forces of evil.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Lock is expected to be out 3 to 5 weeks.  Even with the other injuries....  are they that bad? 

Offensive tackle and corner are their two biggest weaknesses and they are two positions it is hard to be bad in and win. When you add that to their best offensive player and their QB..... yes I think is the answer. And I was high on Denver back in the spring. That and San Fran are two games on our schedule that are starting to look easier than they first appeared.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, frogger said:

I say 5-6 at most. Say they beat NYJ twice and NE once. I think they will win maybe two of the rest of their games. Maybe they get another win vs Bills 3rd stringers in week 17

@JAC - Not likely

SEA - No

@SF - No

@DEN - Possible

LAC - Not likely

LAR - No

@AZ - No

CIN - Possible

KC - No

@LAV - No

In terms of Miami, they could be in a great spot. 

I like Flores as a HC. They have their QB. If they finish with a top 5 pick they can hold some QB hungry team up and get a boatload of picks to build around their young QB. 

Great spot to be in. 

I'm also happy to see Jax winning. It would be such a waste to see Lawrence go there. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I say 5-6 at most. Say they beat NYJ twice and NE once. I think they will win maybe two of the rest of their games. Maybe they get another win vs Bills 3rd stringers in week 17

@JAC - Not likely

SEA - No

@SF - No

@DEN - Possible

LAC - Not likely

LAR - No

@AZ - No

CIN - Possible

KC - No

@LAV - No

I think they will beat the Jags, have a shot at the Raiders and mad as it sounds might have a shot at San Fran. I think in 3 weeks time the 49ers might be pulling guys off the street to start..... their season is basically sunk despite them being 1-1 unless they can get some guys back and sharpish. Samuel, Kittle, Garoppolo, Bosa, Thomas, Mosart, Coleman, Sherman, Ford.... there is no team in the NFL that could deal with that many of their better players being out. Of those I think only Jimmy G and Dee Ford are considered "week to week" everyone else seems to be at least 3 weeks by the sounds of it.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:32 AM, ngbills said:

A bit too early for this. But after too weeks the early indicators are out. My AFC Power Rankings:

BAL - Two dominating performances

KC - Its the Chiefs

BUF - Improved offense; Two wins vs bottom feeders

PIT - D and running game

TEN -  2-0 but have not looked great

NE - Almost beat SEA on road

LAC - Nearly beat Chiefs

LAV - Win v Panthers on road. 

HOU - Tough start but vs good teams.

IND - Good or bad Rivers?

CLE - Better team if they can stick to the run game. 

JAC - Not as bad as expected.

DEN - Could be going downhill with injuries piling up.

CIN - Burrow has been impressive.

MIA - D is awful. FItz is just Fitz.

NYJ - Terrible. Got steamrolled two weeks in a row. 

Vegas would be higher than bills at this.point after win vs saints..dominated them

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/22/pfts-week-three-power-rankings-3/

PFT WEEK TWO

1. Chiefs (previously No. 1; 2-0): Maybe the Chiefs should just spot every team a double-digit lead.

2. Ravens (No. 2; 2-0): They’re two wins short of 16 straight regular-season victories. The Chiefs stand in the way of No. 15.

3. Seahawks (No. 3; 2-0): At this rate, Russell Wilson won’t just get his first MVP vote. He’ll get his first 50.

4. Patriots (No. 4; 1-1): If Cam stays healthy, they won’t lose many more than the one they lost this week.

5. Bills (No. 7; 2-0): The Bills finally have found their next Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, in the same guy.

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Great thing is we get to play the Rams!

i mean I think most people would think the Rams has the tougher schedule but who cares?  Bills get to prove who the better team is Sunday.  That’s what is great about sports. 

it will be a good test for this team. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/power-rankings-bills-josh-allen-214629300.html

It’s not crazy to see the Buffalo Bills listed in NFL power rankings… considering they are a team in the league.

What’s different about this week’s look around national outlets?

Several will often write about one team in particular as a warmup for their weekly poll.

USA TODAY 11. Bills (12)

Touchdown Wire  6. Buffalo Bills (Last week: 9)

Sports Illustrated  4. Buffalo Bills (2-0)

NFL.com. 6. Buffalo Bills (2-0)

Yahoo! Sports 3. Buffalo Bills (2-0, LW: 4)

CBS Sports 5. Bills (+1)

On 9/21/2020 at 8:59 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's such a shame that two historically great teams (BAL, KC) exist. Some years, I think this Bills team would have a chance at a #1 seed.

Where is it written that the Bills won’t ascend to that level? Let things play out.  They might surprise you.

• Like (+1) 1