AFC Power Rankings

ngbills

A bit too early for this. But after too weeks the early indicators are out. My AFC Power Rankings:

BAL - Two dominating performances

KC - Its the Chiefs

BUF - Improved offense; Two wins vs bottom feeders

PIT - D and running game

TEN -  2-0 but have not looked great

NE - Almost beat SEA on road

LAC - Nearly beat Chiefs

LAV - Win v Panthers on road. 

HOU - Tough start but vs good teams.

IND - Good or bad Rivers?

CLE - Better team if they can stick to the run game. 

JAC - Not as bad as expected.

DEN - Could be going downhill with injuries piling up.

CIN - Burrow has been impressive.

MIA - D is awful. FItz is just Fitz.

NYJ - Terrible. Got steamrolled two weeks in a row. 

• Like (+1) 3

Houston might the be bizarro Bills, people giving them the benefit of the doubt from having started with KC & Baltimore. Without Hopkins they are in trouble, though probably not Vikings post-Diggs level of trouble. I'd be shocked if Pittsburgh doesn't blow them out next week unless Ben has his annual WTF game.

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Baltimore is the best team in the league for me. 

Bal

KC

NE

Buf

Ten

top 5 for me

thats what I was going to put.  New England looks pretty good and need to be ranked ahead of Buffalo until proven otherwise (other than a nail-biter loss @ Seattle)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

thats what I was going to put.  New England looks pretty good and need to be ranked ahead of Buffalo until proven otherwise (other than a nail-biter loss @ Seattle)

yup. Until McD learns how to beat the patriots we cannot consider ourselves a better team. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Well.  This was the first hit in the search

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-behind-tooearly-mvp-candidate-josh-allen-seriously-the-bills-are-dangerous-034658616.html

1. Baltimore Ravens (2-0, LW: 1)

The Chiefs-Ravens game next Monday night is going to be a beauty. No football fan should miss it.

2. Kansas City Chiefs (2-0, LW: 2)

The best part of the Chiefs’ comeback win on Sunday might be that it didn’t take any luster off of their Week 3 matchup against ...

3. Buffalo Bills (2-0, LW: 4)

Stefon Diggs put up 153 yards and a touchdown Sunday. It’s reasonable to think they overpaid in the trade to get Diggs from the Vikings, but it was a bold, aggressive move for a team that saw its window to win a division title (and maybe more) opening up. It’s hard to find a difference-making receiver like Diggs, and they won’t come cheap if they are available.

YES this is for the entire NFL 

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1, LW: 19)

It’s not easy to take a year off from the NFL and play well right away. The last time Rob Gronkowski played like the future Hall of Famer was the 2017 season. He looked like he lost something in 2018 (though he finished with a flourish) and then was out all last season. He came back and has just two catches for 11 yards, including no catches in Week 2.

23 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

They also pretty much beat anyone else they played...

There is something to strength of schedule in my opinion. If Allen kills it against Donald and Ramsey, and we get the usual D back, I'll feel better about the power rankings and MVP talk. Right now, there is an asrerisk due to the level of competition so far.

Plus, Bills fans should have really learned to hold their horses by now!

Regardless, pretty much 6 easy wins for them every year for the last 20 years.. Bills made the playoffs last year at 10-6... think about that, Patriots only needed 4 wins every year outside of the division to win the AFC East every year...

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder about calling Miami a bottom feeder.  Yes, they are 0-2 in 2020, but two games is an awfully small sample, especially when those two losses came against teams that most everybody thinks are very good.  Add that to the fact that Miami finished strong last season with a roster that isn't as good as the one they have right now, and we might find that Miami will finish the season closer to the middle of the pack than the bottom.  It's still early in any case.  Buffalo's next 4 opponents are a combined 8-0.  Their record after 6 weeks of the season will tell us a lot.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I wonder about calling Miami a bottom feeder.  Yes, they are 0-2 in 2020, but two games is an awfully small sample, especially when those two losses came against teams that most everybody thinks are very good.  Add that to the fact that Miami finished strong last season with a roster that isn't as good as the one they have right now, and we might find that Miami will finish the season closer to the middle of the pack than the bottom.  It's still early in any case.  Buffalo's next 4 opponents are a combined 8-0.  Their record after 6 weeks of the season will tell us a lot.

They will play hard in every game but they aren’t very talented right now.  Their defense has major holes, they don’t a running game, their oline isn’t very good, etc.  they should be good in a few years though.  

the jets on the other hand are just terrible and are a mess.  Should be 2 more easy wins.  It’s good for us but what they are doing to Darnold is pretty terrible.  I hope a real team gets him. 

14 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I get your point, but I am a firm beliver of pumping the brakes on stuff like this so early in the season. It's not like we haven't been duped in the past...

It’s like an annual tradition of getting super pumped up for a few weeks and having the Pats game be our SB and getting brought back to earth.

difference should be is this team is legit talented.  I’m excited to see how it matches up against some really good teams coming up.

20 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Regardless, pretty much 6 easy wins for them every year for the last 20 years.. Bills made the playoffs last year at 10-6... think about that, Patriots only needed 4 wins every year outside of the division to win the AFC East every year...

I get this point but the Pats have a really good record against anyone.  But it definitely helps they get home field advantage easier than say the Ravens or Steelers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I keep reading it was just the JETS and Miami.

While I just read the Rams are tough at 2-0 and they played the Dallas and Philly.  And Dallas won because the Falcons screwed the pooch on the botched kick recovery!! 

Great thing is we get to play the Rams!

i mean I think most people would think the Rams has the tougher schedule but who cares?  Bills get to prove who the better team is Sunday.  That’s what is great about sports. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Great thing is we get to play the Rams!

i mean I think most people would think the Rams has the tougher schedule but who cares?  Bills get to prove who the better team is Sunday.  That’s what is great about sports. 

I'm so excited for the next four games--one way or another, we get to find what this team really is. I don't care about power rankings, though they are fun to read. But setting that aside, they are truly meaningless. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1