ESPN Says Josh Allen as a Legit MVP Candidate is NOT an Overreaction

ChevyVanMiller

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I mean I love what I’m seeing but is it a bit early? 

It's def too early to talk about it, but if they are going to talk about it (and they are), he should be in that conversation with Russell Wilson and maybe a couple others.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nope, consider the bleeding on your wounded avatar pic--that poor buffalo has been bleeding out for a minute and just got some Allen/Diggs stitches put in yesterday! He should pull through now. ;) 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 2

Side note:

Boy, if 2020 has shown us anything it is that New York City...really doesn't have a clue on much of anything (8/21).

https://nypost.com/2020/08/21/josh-allen-feels-destined-to-be-a-fantasy-football-bust-in-2020/

"Though, we also still aren’t thrilled with his receiving corps, despite adding Stefon Diggs this season. And we worry Allen is primed for a decline in rushing TDs. He had eight and nine in consecutive years. Even the best rushing QBs have trouble stringing together eight-TD seasons. Cam Newton, the best comparison for Allen, has done it just once – his first two years (14 and eight). He has topped eight rushing TDs just once since. Dak Prescott had six in three straight seasons before declining to three last year."

"...So without confidence Allen can post huge fantasy numbers with his arm, and with history telling us continued production on the ground at his current pace is a rarity, we do not want to spend a sixth- or seventh-round pick on Allen. Especially when other options like Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady are still on the board."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Side note:

Boy, if 2020 has shown us anything it is that New York City...really doesn't have a clue on much (8/21).

https://nypost.com/2020/08/21/josh-allen-feels-destined-to-be-a-fantasy-football-bust-in-2020/

"Though, we also still aren’t thrilled with his receiving corps, despite adding Stefon Diggs this season. And we worry Allen is primed for a decline in rushing TDs. He had eight and nine in consecutive years. Even the best rushing QBs have trouble stringing together eight-TD seasons. Cam Newton, the best comparison for Allen, has done it just once – his first two years (14 and eight). He has topped eight rushing TDs just once since. Dak Prescott had six in three straight seasons before declining to three last year."

"...So without confidence Allen can post huge fantasy numbers with his arm, and with history telling us continued production on the ground at his current pace is a rarity, we do not want to spend a sixth- or seventh-round pick on Allen. Especially when other options like Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady are still on the board."

they were correct about his rushing production decline. I think he only ran once for 13 yards yesterday...  I wonder if we should be worried 😂 

• Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It's never too early...

MVP of the Quarter: Trent Edwards, QB, Buffalo. "My MVP is tied for 12th in touchdown passes with four, 10th in passing yards with 930 and 10th in passer rating at 93.5. But the Bills are 4-0, and the difference is an efficient quarterback who, like all the great ones, plays better when the game's on the line than any other time of the game." Where NFL stands one quarter into the season - Peter King

47 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Josh is gonna get paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Is there any doubt in your mind that he will leave money on the table in a team friendly deal?

He will still get a ton, but I seriously doubt that he will try to break the bank or reset the market.  

Part of why I love him 

• Like (+1) 1