Gabriel Davis TD celebration

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How DID ANYONE let the Refs take that Ball.  Someone should have been securing for Gabe Immediately once he dropped it.

Luckily each team supplies the balls for their offense and special teams so they likely got it back shortly.

26 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The celebration was fine.  Shows class. 

I noticed Winters playing RG on that play.  

It looks like they rotated Winters in at both RG and LG through the 4th Qtr.

With those 90 degree temps, better to keep the bodies fresh. Some big-brain Process thinking out of McD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T master said:

I dig it when after a score a rookie isn't like hey look at my TD celebration i practiced for my 20 seconds of fame after i score don't you like it ? 

Dudes got some hands though that was a awesome catch !! 

It's a game, I like when the players have fun with TD's. I have respect for the hand it to the official approach also. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's a game, I like when the players have fun with TD's. I have respect for the hand it to the official approach also. 

Sure i loved it when TO took out the sharpie and signed the ball & grabbed the pop corn (classic celebrations) Didn't like the disrespect of him standing on the star at the Cowboys game though !!

Or when the O line helped Kyle celebrate his TD good stuff but a lot of the new celebration you can tell that the guys have sat and actually got the guys together to make it some kind of production i don't dig those celebrations .

Did you notice the Dolphins defender giving him a little pat or shove as Davis was getting up.  It looked like a grudging "nice catch" gesture.

It was a great catch, no doubt.  Everything about it was text book.  

And the play by Allen was just as good.  I love that he changed hands with the ball - great awareness.   Then to see that opening - it was a risky pass, but he knew he could put it in the right place.   And (I'm speculating here) he threw because he knew he had a guy with those hands on the receiving end.  

Beautiful all around.  

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Did you notice the Dolphins defender giving him a little pat or shove as Davis was getting up.  It looked like a grudging "nice catch" gesture.

And the play by Allen was just as good.  I love that he changed hands with the ball - great awareness.   Then to see that opening - it was a risky pass, but he knew he could put it in the right place.   And (I'm speculating here) he threw because he knew he had a guy with those hands on the receiving end.  

Beautiful all around.  

Allen put it in the exact right spot. The only guy who could catch it was Davis. It as going to take a hell of a catch but he gave him the chance and Gabe delivered.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If you're going to wear #13 as a WR in Buffalo we need more than that celebration, especially on a play like that. 😉

What a catch. I love this angle. This guy is going to be a star. I actually love the reserved TD celebration. Very Larry Fitzgerald like.

What a play by Josh as well.

What, Dawkins hoisting Davis up over his head like a flag wasn't enough for ya?

Aside: WTF was Kroft's blocking assignment on that play?  He pretty much just waved while Mia 91 blew by between him and Williams.  At least he stayed with the play and took the LB out, which allowed the throw.

1 minute ago, jwhit34 said:

When Beasley's contract is up after 2021 Davis will slide in nicely to WR3 spot. Brown, Diggs and Davis all in their prime years. 

I agree that Davis is the future, but let's not sell Beasley short. He had a great game and made some key catches as well.  I love this receiving corps.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Beautiful all around.  

The Phins had some definite "good sportsman" moments about them.  There was a sideline catch where Diggs slid all the way under the Dolphins bench near the WR and they helped him up and were patting him on the helmet.  Some other teams where they would probably have kicked him in the ribs or stepped on him.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If you're going to wear #13 as a WR in Buffalo we need more than that celebration, especially on a play like that. 😉

What a catch. I love this angle. This guy is going to be a star. I actually love the reserved TD celebration. Very Larry Fitzgerald like.

What a play by Josh as well.

I really didn’t appreciate how great of a play/throw that was by Allen until I saw that angle. Thanks for sharing