SNF Half Time Show Disrespecting Josh Allen and the Bills

mykidsdad

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This insecurity is the worst. It’s my biggest pet peeve with our fan base. 

Agree.  People need to realize WNY is the just about the smallest TV market in the league.   1 out of 100 people watching that show root for the Bills or have ever even been to WNY.  Even if the Bills tear it up, they will be like the Vikings going 7-0 or whatever it was a few years ago.   Largely crickets from the national media.   The Bills and Buffalo don't sell advertising time.   The Giants, Cowboys, Rams and Patriots do.   The teams with enormous fan bases and worldwide name recognition and awareness.   The Bills' fan base is tiny compared to those franchises.   

Just sit back and enjoy the fact you have a seat at the table in the biggest sport in the world, can tailgate like a high school senior and sit in the stands for $50.   Nothing like it in the NFL.  Just win games and they'll pay attention, just not as much as the big markets.   That's just life in big time professional sports.   Man U hasn't been crap in years and they still get massive EPL press in the the UK, for example.    Most people in WNY couldn't give a crap about european soccer , but they know who Manchester United is... that's my point, and advertisers know it too.   So they get the action.   

Just enjoy it.  McBeanes are killing it.   Trust the Process. 

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Agree.  People need to realize WNY is the just about the smallest TV market in the league.   1 out of 100 people watching that show root for the Bills or have ever even been to WNY.  Even if the Bills tear it up, they will be like the Vikings going 7-0 or whatever it was a few years ago.   Largely crickets from the national media.   The Bills and Buffalo don't sell advertising time.   The Giants, Cowboys, Rams and Patriots do.   The teams with enormous fan bases and worldwide name recognition and awareness.   The Bills' fan base is tiny compared to those franchises.   

Just sit back and enjoy the fact you have a seat at the table in the biggest sport in the world, can tailgate like a high school senior and sit in the stands for $50.   Nothing like it in the NFL.  Just win games and they'll pay attention, just not as much as the big markets.   That's just life in big time professional sports.   Man U hasn't been crap in years and they still get massive EPL press in the the UK, for example.    Most people in WNY couldn't give a crap about european soccer , but they know who Manchester United is... that's my point, and advertisers know it too.   So they get the action.   

Just enjoy it.  McBeanes are killing it.   Trust the Process. 

Well said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Man U hasn't been crap in years and they still get massive EPL press in the the UK, for example.   

I think you mean has been crap for years....... they were enjoyably very crap on Saturday. And yes, they dominated the Sunday papers here. Barely anyone mentions how well Crystal Palace played. The story is Manchester United opened the season losing 1-3 at home.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This insecurity is the worst. It’s my biggest pet peeve with our fan base. 

Yep. I don't know where it comes from. Is it the small market? Is it all the years of losing? Or is it just more of a cultural Buffalo thing? As I said last week, forget a chip on the shoulder.... with some Bills fans it is a whole sack of potatoes.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Josh Allen and the Bills slighted by the Sunday Night Football team. No Bills highlights and I guess everyone had a lot of yards and points so Josh Allen throwing for 417 yard and 4 TDs wirh 0 picks is no big deal. Please show some respect. THEY SHOWED ZERO BILLS HIGHLIGHTS AND SAID EVERYONE WAS SCORING 31 POINTS AND JUMPED TO TOM BRADY HIGHLIGHTS! Wow.

Seriously man??  You are concerned about what they say or don't say about the Bills in the middle of week 2's Sunday Nite game.  We have beaten the Jets and the Dolphins.  Its week 2.  There are 32 teams.  Just be happy we are 2-0 and finally have an NFL passing game.  When we beat Dallas and Pittsburgh late last season the networks were all over us.  Us beating the Jets and Fish while nice is like Clemson beating NC State and Virginia.  Nice but not earth shattering.  Enjoy the ride.  Its a long season...

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

wow. Bit of a stretch to say they "disrespected Josh Allen and the Bills."

Welcome to 2020 where everyone is offended about everything.

Unfortunately, the everyone getting offended thing started long before 2020.  

Josh Allen and the Bills slighted by the Sunday Night Football team. No Bills highlights and I guess everyone had a lot of yards and points so Josh Allen throwing for 417 yard and 4 TDs wirh 0 picks is no big deal. Please show some respect. THEY SHOWED ZERO BILLS HIGHLIGHTS AND SAID EVERYONE WAS SCORING 31 POINTS AND JUMPED TO TOM BRADY HIGHLIGHTS! Wow.

How is that disrespect?   

Wha.  

I'm surprised someone your age is allowed to stay up that late to watch halftime!

Are you sure you're not just your kid?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Not at all.  Keeps our boys fired up.

The more disrespected and unnoticed the Bills go the more i like it they seem to feed off of being the underdog . 

Until Josh takes them deeper than 1 game in the play offs the media (all but Kyle Brandt) will continue to show no respect just because it's the Bills .

I love it....I dont want bandwagon press coverage...I dont even like when my coworkers hit me with "How bout those Bills" Its been two decades of Jokes and ridicule...Some warranted some not so much. Now that we're back on the map...Im prepared to tell EVERYONE who had jokes...all the media outlets that neglected to cover us...F*%$ you...I just want wins and a Chips....all that other TV sh*t and puff pieces that are bound to come now that they appear to be back... I couldn't care less about.

I was somewhat annoyed with CBS and its national game with the Chiefs and Chargers.  They took time to track Tom Brady who is no longer in the AFC but no mention of Allen.  Further, Brady had a very pedestrian afternoon in terms of stats.  Big name and big market emphasis has been the trend for a while now and will be going forward.  I pulled the plug on ESPN because it was not satisfying to me and I just tune out what I don't want to listen to with NBC, CBS, etc. No pregame shows.

I wouldn't say they were disrespected, Buffalo beat a downtrotten Dolphins team and I thought what they said was fine.

The truth is NBC Football is about headlines and the big stories, it is not meant to cover every team fairly or proportionally. If the Bills beat the Pats on 11/1 I am sure you will see a lot about them the same with LA. But in general NBC caters to the major markets which is why even with Peter King with his coverage you see more on the LA, NYC, CHI, NE etc.. teams regardless of record. Back with Rex Ryan the Bills got a lot of attention because of his name and all of the personalities, thats their market and focus.

Don't get me wrong it is frustrating that the Jets or Giants who are 0-4 get more airtime and I think it weakens their coverage by doing that, but such is life when NYC has 12 million people to Buffalos 1 million.