Allen to Brown TD in 4th qtr.

Bubba Gump

43 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

This play by Allen just amazes me. Josh just flicks his wrist, no wind up or anything and he slings the ball 50 yards in the air. His arm strength is unreal.

I came here just hoping to see people talking about this play. Was not disappointed :)

Seriously, missing open guys who have their man beat has been one of my biggest frustrations with Allen the past 2 years. Plays like this (and others he made today) show he has DEFINITELY improved in this area. And no, it's not just more talent around him...he himself has improved.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

This play by Allen just amazes me. Josh just flicks his wrist, no wind up or anything and he slings the ball 50 yards in the air. His arm strength is unreal.

He had more wind up on his celebration than that throw. :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

I came here just hoping to see people talking about this play. Was not disappointed :)

Seriously, missing open guys who have their man beat has been one of my biggest frustrations with Allen the past 2 years. Plays like this (and others he made today) show he has DEFINITELY improved in this area. And no, it's not just more talent around him...he himself has improved.

yeah, and many fans kept saying he’s raw and needs time to develop.  But people like yourself have no patience and constantly trashed the kid, said accuracy can’t be taught, never dominated in college therefore he can’t in the NFL, etc.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

yeah, and many fans kept saying he’s raw and needs time to develop.  But people like yourself have no patience and constantly trashed the kid, said accuracy can’t be taught, never dominated in college therefore he can’t in the NFL, etc.  

He's here now 😁

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

People like you are so sensitive, it's mind boggling.

I feel like you'll have a nervous breakdown the next time Allen gets criticized for anything. "Trashed the kid," how? Show me one post where I "trashed" him for anything he didn't do. Please, go ahead. 

You do realize he's not going to go 16-0, and will likely have more bad games right? What happens then? You going flip out on anyone who talks about it? lol

Edited by BigDingus

The arm strength is awesome....but did you see the touch he was putting on some of those passes today?

13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

People like you are so sensitive, it's mind boggling.

I feel like you'll have a nervous breakdown the next time Allen gets criticized for anything. "Trashed the kid," how? Show me one post where I "trashed" him for anything he didn't do. Please, go ahead. 

You do realize he's not going to go 16-0, and will likely have more bad games right? What happens then? You going flip out on anyone who talks about it? lol

Perhaps if the crit was fair (by certain ppl)

For instance......in a game where he dominates its ok to say he was excellent and point out things that could have been done better....but dont let those same ppl act like he shouldnt be in the league when he has a bad game?  Is that fair?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The arm strength is awesome....but did you see the touch he was putting on some of those passes today?

He definitely seemed to put more air under the ball, instead of throwing darts like he used to. It's great to see he doesn't have to bazooka every pass.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Loved this when I saw, mostly because of when I saw it - but a huge score that would help seal the win.

Another worth noting was the 2nd and 24 to Beasley - to me that one play demonstrates the entirety of Allen's growth over the past three seasons, from the pre-snap read, to the pocket presence all the way through the touch throw completion. Frankly, it gave me more faith in Daboll too the way it was drawn up - lots of levels going on and it nearly converted (or maybe it did?) and was the reason we were able to score the go ahead TD to Davis.  

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

And here's the thing, he is raw and can get better. He has the physical, emotional, and mental tools to dominate this league.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Everyone loved his arm before he draft and said he was a project,  looks like the project is almost complete.  The Bills just need to keep being aggressive and keep passing

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

It's quite Mahomes-esque

• Like (+1) 1