Buffalo Is In Control of AFC East

thronethinker

1 hour ago, PoBills33 said:

yes, but Cam Newton looks likes hes back to form.  NE is still going to be tough.

Yep. I thought the Patriots would be worse. I should have known better. They are going to be tough.

And I'll eat my crow on the Dolphins too. They may not be going to the playoffs this year but they are building a good team. I thought they would be worse than they are. Unfortunately, they are following Buffalo's blueprint on building a team and Flores admitted that this week. But it still comes down to QB and we have to see how Tua plays.

53 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

how is it our division to lose? lol 

we play the same schedule NE does. Cam Newton is back to his MVP level, he almost beat Seattle on the road putting up 30 points throwing to PE teachers 

LONG way to go for this team. we still have yet to show we can beat top teams in the league. 

Because the Bills are currently in first place in the division... So literally it is the Bills division to lose...

2 hours ago, PoBills33 said:

yes, but Cam Newton looks likes hes back to form.  NE is still going to be tough.

I wouldn’t say he looked back in form, I saw some plays where he over threw his receivers and was relying on his legs too much. Newton’s honestly not going to last if he keeps running as much as he does. He still can’t sling it like he used to in Carolina.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

we play the same schedule NE does. Cam Newton is back to his MVP level, he almost beat Seattle on the road putting up 30 points throwing to PE teachers 

LONG way to go for this team. we still have yet to show we can beat top teams in the league. 

Fainting Goat Faints Every Time He Leaves His Gazebo - Geekologie

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Seattle was down their starting free safety (ejection), and then lost their nickel corner to injury when he moved to free safety to fill in after the ejection.  I'm going to hold off on handing the MVP crown until he is beating teams who aren't on 2nd and 3rd string DBs, and isn't having to carry the team running on his surgically repaired legs.  Oh, and GARBAGE TIME yards to go with his 1 pass TD and INT.

*edit*

Oh, and he didn't put up 30 points, you're kind of forgetting that pick six the Pats D lucked into at the start of the game.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, thronethinker said:

NE loses and Buffalo is all alone on top of the division for the first time in how many years? It is the Bills division to lose at this point. 

Tad too early, need Edmunds and Milano back asap, especially with a hot LA Rams TE coming to town.  Cam looked really good for the Pats, Pats should have won last night if it wasn't for a play call 99% of America knew what was coming to end the game.  Let's focus on getting to 3 - 0.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

They have the Ravens and Texans. We have the Titans and Steelers so it’s not the same schedule, but similar.  With the resurgence of the Steelers, it still looks like we have a similar strength if schedule though given these uncommon opponents are matching in their first two games.  

Preseason for the Bills just ended.   And we also now we see how key injuries can mess a team up.   A few key Covid infections here and there and all sorts of problems could ensue.  

We'll see on Sunday what they really have, assuming the two LBs are back. 

Heck, they barely got by Fitz/Gesecki bc time ran out and only bc Daboll / Josh lit up another so so defense.   

Every game stands on its own, I would not read too too much into these first two games.   Bills are fortunate again (similar to having no injuries and a super easy schedule last year) to have had their two easiest opponents in the first two games.   Lets see how it goes when the going gets tough.   I am optimistic.   This is setting up beautifully as they have had the past 18 games to work on things and get the team together and playing/communicating against so so competition (duck rodgers? really? ) 

Edited by ProcessTruster
more info

The game should not have been that close, and NE was gifted a Pick Six very early in the game on a fluky pass play that should have been a completion. 

I remember the last time The Bills started out at 5-0. :ph34r: That didn’t end up so well. :o

That said, The Bills control their own destiny now, even more than in the winter months. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The game should not have been that close, and NE was gifted a Pick Six very early in the game on a fluky pass play that should have been a completion. 

I remember the last time The Bills started out at 5-0. :ph34r: That didn’t end up so well. :o

That said, The Bills control their own destiny now, even more than in the winter months. 

Not having Edmunds and Milano made a bigger difference than many on here thought.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Runningaces said:

Have the pats at 11+ wins

Appears your on the wrong fan forum... 

7 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

And NE's defense gave up 35 points. Defensively, they look much more beatable. 

Just comes down to how you stop Cam, which this defense has showed that they can contain that type of QB (Lamar Jackson last year, albeit in a win for the Ravens, had one of his worst games of the year against our D)

9 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Hate to admit it but I agree.  I bet some money on Seattle and they really made me sweat it out until the end of the game.  New England is going to be much better than I was expecting this season.  It's gonna be a dog fight for the AFC East.

Let's see how Cam does by week 8 when the NFL DCs figure out what he's doing. But he does look great and he has all day to throw.