Antique help

Franco_92

11 hours ago, arcane said:

Long shot, shot-in-the-dark here. I just had to cut a bat out of an antique fishing net, attached image. Does anyone know a place or person that would have the ability to restring it with new netting? 

net.thumb.jpg.2187bc7338b780d46c74c3bd39af65e9.jpg

Where's the bat and did you have to do the honors & snag it, or was it self entanglement on the bat's part.

Are you quarantining for 14 days?

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Where's the bat and did you have to do the honors & snag it, or was it self entanglement on the bat's part.

Are you quarantining for 14 days?

He didn't eat the goddamn thing!

• Haha (+1) 1

If you can find a local hunting/fishing type place with local ownership that has been there forever, you'll probably get a suggestion/recommendation for how to proceed.

That would be the route I would take, at least at first.

16 hours ago, arcane said:

Long shot, shot-in-the-dark here. I just had to cut a bat out of an antique fishing net, attached image. Does anyone know a place or person that would have the ability to restring it with new netting? 

net.thumb.jpg.2187bc7338b780d46c74c3bd39af65e9.jpg

Whereabouts you live? 

I'm paging @BringBackFergy to ya as he has kin who are big into fly fishing.  I think some of the guys he knows appreciate old-time equipment and knowhow and might be able to come up with a contact for you. 

Along the same lines, you might try the Antique Boat Museum in the Thousand Islands region in Clayton, NY.  A bunch of folk there who appreciate old-time craftsmanship and might have a contact for you 

Address: 750 Mary St, Clayton, NY 13624-1119

Phone: +1 315 686 4104

Now to the important point: if you were in the same room and in close proximity to a bat, Please Please Please contact your local Department of Health and seek their advice on whether you or your family should have prophylactic rabies treatment.  It helps if you still have the bat, so that it can be tested.  Don't delay, it could save your life.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Whereabouts you live? 

I'm paging @BringBackFergy to ya as he has kin who are big into fly fishing.  I think some of the guys he knows appreciate old-time equipment and knowhow and might be able to come up with a contact for you. 

Along the same lines, you might try the Antique Boat Museum in the Thousand Islands region in Clayton, NY.  A bunch of folk there who appreciate old-time craftsmanship and might have a contact for you 

Address: 750 Mary St, Clayton, NY 13624-1119

Phone: +1 315 686 4104

Now to the important point: if you were in the same room and in close proximity to a bat, Please Please Please contact your local Department of Health and seek their advice on whether you or your family should have prophylactic rabies treatment.  It helps if you still have the bat, so that it can be tested.  Don't delay, it could save your life.

Appreciate the advice - we already got that taken care of and are in the clear.

And I am in WNY. Appreciate these suggestions as well. At the gym right now, will look up that place shortly!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

And I am in WNY. Appreciate these suggestions as well. At the gym right now, will look up that place shortly!

Shot in the dark, you might try these guys.  I have no information about them save internet.

http://www.wnyflyfishing.com/

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, arcane said:

My father in law made trout nets for my brothers in law and me years ago. Steamed/bent all the handle material and bought pre-fab nets and tied them in. They came out great. I'm sure if you look online there are pre-fab net manufacturers and all you have to do is measure the form you have and they can send you a new netting.

That's a beauty, by the way.

• Thank you (+1) 1