A Few Thoughts about the Dolphins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Byron Jones going out early and Xavien Howard being hobbled hurts them. When those two are fully healthy that looks a good corner combo. Asking the rookie from Auburn to cover Diggs in man once Jones went out was a complete mismatch. I like Flores but I think I said on Diggs first or second catch in the game thread that if they tried that all day he would eat. He ate. Enough to get a lockdown belly in fact.

Think they still have a problem on the offensive line but I liked Solomon Kindley's game on Sunday. I thought he was the best long term bet of the three olinemen they took relatively early in the draft. He still has some work to do as a pass blocker, but I thought he got some movement for them in the run game.

Should say on Knox's second "mistake" I think that was a heck of a play by the DB keeping his hand in there and ripping the ball out. He has to do a better job on the fumble though, no question. His ceiling is still very high.

Yea, that "drop" was more a great play by the defender than it was Knox not completing the catch.   

Knox is certainly an enigma right now, but his speed and athleticism are undeniable.  I'm still high on the guy and think we should definitely work in more routes like the one he fumbled on... get him in open space and let him rumble.

Edited by SCBills

On 9/21/2020 at 9:15 AM, corta765 said:

I am with you that I may have overthought this game too much as I picked them to lose (may have been the only one). The big thing is I didn't see Josh evolving into a 400 yd thrower so I am soo happy I was wrong. My thoughts back to you:

1 - Diggs - Agreed the offense is completely different and soo much more dynamic with him. When the Duke williams crowd tries to tell me he could be a guy, I point to Diggs first two games and then just think how we wouldve beat Houston how we had him last year. #1 WRs make plays and Diggs does that tenfold.

2 - Frazier - Bad day for him and the defense. Not only was the D a sieve at points but they couldnt get off the field when the offense was going most of the day. I agree I couldn't figure out with how quick Fitz was releasing why they didn't bump and play closer then to slow them. The most concerning thing to me was even without Milano/Edmunds soo many of our best guys White, Hyde etc.. had bad days and couldn't pick up the slack. I have thought defenses would be flat footed in general to start the season given no pre season games etc.. so I believe it is that and I am happy the offense covered. BUT I have only seen one really good/great quarter of play by the D which was the 1st against the Jets. They have room to improve big time.

3 - Dodson - He was not a liability and I think he could be the third LB with Milano and Edmunds. He read plays well and in general was mistake free compared to our more established guys.

5 - Pass Coverage - EJ Gaines opting out hurts more then Norman at this point. That was the depth we needed and Norman you knew would be iffy anyway. I think they will come together like they did last year, but the secondary has been very average outside of Poyer to start the year.

8 - Old Friends - Some people don't think guys should be friends but I love the fact Shaq and the Bills were talking and having fun. I told my wife had Shaq been here from the start with McD I think he would've been still here.

10 - Daboll- Prepare for him to leave after this year unfortunately. He has earned his stripes to become a HC, heck of a job over the years developing the offense and Allen to where they are now.

Go Bills!!!

Will be interesting to see what happens if the Bills really and truly do lose DaBoll.....right now I am 50/50 about him leaving.  Last week I woulda loved to have seen him gone after trying to run JA into the ground.  This week salved that wound.  I suppose it will be the ole ya didn't realize what ya had when ya had it if he does go.  Like I said - 50/50.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:09 AM, BritBill said:

I liken Fitz to the guy who plays in your local poker tournament who plays and calls every hand and bet. 

He has no inhibitions and is going to jolly well enjoy himself along the way. He'll win a few hands early doors, enjoy a drink and a giggle but eventually he get picked off by the better players but ultimately, won't win a penny.

Good analogy up to the part in bold, and then it breaks down. So far, he's won about 7 billion pennies. 🙂

("Shut up and deal the cards, Tom.")

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Good analogy up to the part in bold, and then it breaks down. So far, he's won about 7 billion pennies. 🙂

Oh aye, he’s a very wealthy man and fair play to him. 

To continue the poker analogy, it’s ironic he’s ended up with the fish 👍 

18 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Will be interesting to see what happens if the Bills really and truly do lose DaBoll.....right now I am 50/50 about him leaving.  Last week I woulda loved to have seen him gone after trying to run JA into the ground.  This week salved that wound.  I suppose it will be the ole ya didn't realize what ya had when ya had it if he does go.  Like I said - 50/50.

My thing is this he took over an atrocious offense and Qb that was super raw and now both the QB in offense by year three have developed into pretty good players/units.

That matters a lot to me and overall I think he excels at finding good matchups against opposing defenses. He is not perfect but he deserves a lot of credit for Josh's development and the offense in general.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, WhoTom said:

According to FoxNews, that would be 51 billion pennies.  Overthecap says 64.5 billion pennies. 

13 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My thing is this he took over an atrocious offense and Qb that was super raw and now both the QB in offense by year three have developed into pretty good players/units.

That matters a lot to me and overall I think he excels at finding good matchups against opposing defenses. He is not perfect but he deserves a lot of credit for Josh's development and the offense in general.

I felt Daboll was trying to be far too cute his first year here.  In hindsight, I wonder how much of that was the need for an NFL OC learning curve (the Hoodie is not reputed to be an open and sharing mentor) and how much of that was simply trying to create offense when he knew he didn’t have the physical talent to just draw plays so he knew he needed trickery.

This year he seems far less cute and generally more effective.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

According to FoxNews, that would be 51 billion pennies.  Overthecap says 64.5 billion pennies. 

Your decimal point is misplaced.

Let's start with a nice round estimate of $60M over Fitz' career (so far).

60M$ x 100 pennies/$ = 6000M pennies = 6 Billion pennies.

Mahomes' contract is worth 50B pennies.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1