Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Its gonna be Wilson for sure.  He did it on Primetime with everyone watching.  Outside of Bills and Dolphin fans, how many people were actually watching him play Sunday.  But its still great he's getting attention.

And honestly, Wilson probably deserves it more given the quality of opponent was so much higher than the Dolphins.  Not to take anything away from Allen, and I still voted for Allen, but Wilson had a phenomenal day himself against the GOAT defensive mind in history and one the best DB's in the game.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

31 minutes ago, MJS said:

Allen has shown he can spread the ball around. 8 different receivers in both games so far.

If I was a betting man still I would put some money on Cole Beasley being a big part of next weeks game plan.

For those who know more than I, who is the Rams nickel corner and how does that match up look?

Mainly asking because I know Robey-Coleman is gone.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

What will this board do if Allen throws for 500 yards in this game??!!!

You know there will be some that will still complain about some pass he didn't complete still

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If I was a betting man still I would put some money on Cole Beasley being a big part of next weeks game plan.

For those who know more than I, who is the Rams nickel corner and how does that match up look?

I expect both Brown, and Cole to be used a lot next week as Diggs is likely going to draw Jalen Ramsey most the day.  That being said, Allen is a huge competitor and will into be afraid of Ramsey and Diggs is probably the best route runner in the league, so do think Diggs still gets his.  Rams secondary is not that strong behind Ramsey IMO.  

I think Gabe Davis may be used more and could be a sneaky strong game for him, especially after the confidence the team is going to have in him after that insane catch.  My prediction is Gabe gets 4-5 receptions and another TD against the Rams.

Edited by Alphadawg7

47 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

1 v 1doesn't win anything in the NFL. It's 11 v 11. If Diggs is open throw his way, if not, get someone else cause someone else will be open. Vendettas lose games. 

39 minutes ago, eball said:

What you are saying goes completely against everything McD's Buffalo Bills are about.  Everything.  I guarantee you the thought of trying to "show up" Jalen Ramsey is not part of the discussion in preparation for Sunday's game.

Disagree.. Diggs is your star receiver.. we didn’t bring him here to be a decoy.. start humiliating Ramsey and that entire D will fall apart..

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Disagree.. Diggs is your star receiver.. we didn’t bring him here to be a decoy.. start humiliating Ramsey and that entire D will fall apart..

I really don't think you understand how this works.  Who said to use Diggs as a decoy?

I predict a loss this Sunday.

The Bills are good, and I believe they will make the playoffs, but this is not a good matchup.

Cooper Kupp and Tyler Higbee are gonna have monster games if Edmunds and Milano aren't back. Aditionally, the Rams have a killer play-action game, which further highlights the linebacker/middle of the field deficiencies the Bills are currently experiencing.

If the stadium was packed with Bills fans, it might be a different story. On what is essentially a level playing field, though? I expect a high scoring shootout and a loss for the Bills. Something like 34-27 Rams.

It's fine. If you're going to lose, it's always best to lose to NFC opponents. The swing of tough AFC opponents coming up after the Rams game is much more important. Hopefully Milano and Edmunds are back for that.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

I predict a loss this Sunday.

The Bills are good, and I believe they will make the playoffs, but this is not a good matchup.

Cooper Kupp and Tyler Higbee are gonna have monster games if Edmunds and Milano aren't back. Aditionally, the Rams have a killer play-action game, which further highlights the linebacker/middle of the field deficiencies the Bills are currently experiencing.

If the stadium was packed with Bills fans, it might be a different story. On what is essentially a level playing field, though? I expect a high scoring shootout and a loss for the Bills. Something like 34-27 Rams.

It's fine. If you're going to lose, it's always best to lose to NFC opponents. The swing of tough AFC opponents coming up after the Rams game is much more important. Hopefully Milano and Edmunds are back for that.

I think a lot of us are conditioned to predict this until the Bills prove us otherwise against, perceived, good teams.

I think 35 is the magic number.....

obviously Bills needing your score more than and holding the Rams under....

If the Bills can limit the Rams under 30 points we have a great shot.

I just think the Rams can score a lot of points and to hold them under 30 is going to be tough regardless of who’s on the field.

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think a lot of us are conditioned to predict this until the Bills prove us otherwise against, perceived, good teams.

Weak sauce it is. I'm picking the Bills to win by 10 this week. Outside of Ramsey and Donald, who's going to step up on the Rams' defense?

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fair enough.

When predicting game outcomes, I look at specific matchups.

To me, Higbee/Kupp vs Bills defense without Edmunds/Milano (if they miss another game) is a scary matchup. Also, the way to beat the Rams is to limit the run and not be as susceptible to play-action. Their whole passing game seems to be built off of play-action and run game success. If Edmunds and Milano are out, I see the Bills struggling to stop the run and, thus, struggling to contain play-action. Furthermore, we just saw Mike Gesicki tear up our defense. Tyler Higbee is every bit as good as Gesicki. 

Put a different way: the Bills defense was mostly unable to stop the Dolphins offense. The Rams offense is superior. The Bills just beat the Dolphins by 3 points. The Rams are vastly superior to the Dolphins as a team.

I still see something like 10-12 wins for the Bills, I just don't think this will be one of them.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair enough.

To me, Higbee/Kupp vs Bills defense without Edmunds/Milano (if they miss another game) is a scary matchup. Also, the way to beat the Rams is to limit the run and not be as susceptible to play-action. Their whole passing game seems to be built off of play-action and run game success. If Edmunds and Milano are out, I see the Bills struggling to stop the run and, thus, struggling to contain play-action. Furthermore, we just saw Mike Gesicki tear up our defense. Tyler Higbee is every bit as good as Gesicki. 

Put a different way: the Bills defense was mostly unable to stop the Dolphins offense. The Rams offense is superior. The Bills just beat the Dolphins by 3 points. The Rams are vastly superior to the Dolphins as a team.

I still see something like 10-12 wins for the Bills, I just don't think this will be one of them.

I'm not impressed with the Rams defense.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Fair enough.

Generally I agree with you here but I will say it should be noted that the Dolphins were able to complete a lot of really close plays, several to Gesicki.  The success rate they had on plays with Bills players draped all over them or from an amazing catch is something that isn't likely to be a regular occurrence.  Gesicki made a couple of catches yesterday that he might make a couple times out of every ten and they just all hit.

If we have no Edmunds and no Milano this game then I don't see it ending well for us. We NEED our young, athletic LB's out there. I am hoping that McDermott held them out this last game more as precautionary by giving them the ability to rest up for a week prior to the Rams game. The matchup of Aaron Donald vs Spain also makes me extremely nervous. The key for us in this game will be whether or not we can get interior pressure on Goff. If Ed O, Harry, Butler, and Jefferson can push the pocket or disrupt from the middle then Goff will not be that effective. The pressure from the middle will force him to move right into our defensive ends crashing from the outside. Goff is also the type who starts seeing ghosts once he takes a few hits so we need to get to him early and often. The problem with that is they have only given up 2 sacks in 2 games. Hopefully Frazier and McD can find a way to create pressure with just our front 4 because they have a lot of weapons at the skill positions which will need to be accounted for. I believe our offense can put up points with them, I just hope it doesn't come to that. I would much rather see the defense get back to form and our offense maintain what they've been doing, as well as find a way to get the running game going. 

Edited by H2o

16 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Don’t let Donald dominate. Easier said than done. But got to contain him somehow 

The Patriots triple teamed him at times in the 2019 SB. Donald had only one QB hit and one tackle in that game. The Rams only sacked Brady once too.

Allen probably won't have all day to choose his pass target in this game like he did against Miami...

The Bills are 16th in rushing attempts and 22nd in rushing yards so far. #5 in pass attempts, #1 in passing yards, #2 in passing TDs. Here is hoping the Bills get their run game working overtime against the Rams.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm not impressed with the Rams defense.

I'm not worried about the Bills scoring on the Rams. I'm worried about the Bills not being able to stop the Rams offense.

It will be a shootout, as I said.

30 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

Ppl still don't get it. It doesn't matter what the rams do... nobody can stop our offense 

Buffalo 41

Rams 20

I mean...I'm gonna pump the brakes a little bit here.

Our offense has looked pretty impressive, but it HAS been against two of the worst teams in the league. Even the Dolphins defense, which isn't very good, held the Bills to two consecutive three-and-outs in the third quarter yesterday.

Good? Yes. Unstoppable? I think it's too early to say on that one.

• Like (+1) 1