Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

Just now, Penfield45 said:

We beat 1 playoff team last season in the Titans, and that didn't even count bc they had Mariota

if we wanna win the division we have to win these games. NE went into seattle and was a few yards away from beating them with Cam throwing almost 400 yards to no names. Patriots are a very good team this season 

I'll bet McDermott has not even thought of this!

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

We don’t need them healthy “to stand a chance”.  At least, I hope not... 

The Rams D has a couple studs and a bunch of fluff. We should be able to score on them.  ....and if our offense is truly legit, we should be able to score on anyone.  

On defense, even without Edmunds/Milano, I trust McDermott, Frazier and the Defense to redeem themselves.    I’m sure they are not happy, at all, about how that side of the ball played yesterday.  

Yeah, one thing to remember, while Rams have the best defensive player in football, and one of the best DB's in football...the rest of the D is not exactly scary.  I live in LA, Rams are my second team, and they have several areas that can be exploited.  

Honestly, Bills offense is a matchup nightmare for the Rams.  Allens ability to move and escape the pocket already neutralizes the Rams best defensive player.  Not saying Donald wont still be a force or a disruptor, but Allen's escapability helps reduce his impact.  Yes, Jalen Ramsey is likely going to be on Diggs, but end of the day, Diggs may be the best route runner in football and will still get his on Jalen.  But with Jalen likely shadowing Diggs, guys like Brown and Cole are going to have a lot of opportunities because the other DB's for the Rams are going to struggle hanging with those 2 as they are also great route running WRs both twitchy and fast too.  

Rams run defense isn't great either, so I think Allen, Moss, and Singletary will have strong outings too.  

For me, its going to come down to whether or not we can slow the Rams passing attack down.  And that will be a 2 fold question...will we get to Goff enough and will we have at least one, if not both, of Milano and Edmunds back.  Rams have talent at TE and a very smart offensive coach who is going to watch the Miami game and see gold at attacking the middle of the field and using the talented TE's they have to move the chains.  

Plus, they have Henderson involved in the offense now, and he's an explosive fast 2nd year RB who can be a real weapon out of the back field too in the passing game.  We are going to really need to get Edmunds and Milano back out there if possible.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I believe we are going to need a more balanced attack against the Rams. I fear that if Allen is passing on over 65% of our plays, Aaron Donald will end the day with multiple sacks.

Considering the limited use he had, I thought Motor looked pretty good yesterday. Moss, maybe not so much, although he does look good as either a check down option, or short-yardage receiver. I don't mind Allen's designed run plays, and I could see them using more of them v. the Rams. But, Allen's rushing notwithstanding, our run game is a concern v. the Rams.

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I don't think people understand what a mess the Eagles are currently.  

Dallas had the ball for 24 minutes and had over 400 yards of O vs the Rams.  Philly over 360 after a slow start.  Their D is Donald and Ramsey.  

Expecting a shootout and the game of the week.  Bills 34 Rams 31

Feels good to be able to say Bills - 34 doesn’t it ? Our OL will have to step up a notch A Donald is no joke 

• Like (+1) 1

This game might be a bit of a shootout. IF Edumonds and Milano can get back on the field I think the Bills should be able to take it as with a healthy LB core I think they can slow down the Rams offense just enough. But if one or both are out then it could get ugly over the middle again and it becomes a 60/40 game where I can see the Rams taking it. This is a solid game to see exactly how good this team is. Decent defense, very good offense solid ST unit. Good test for Josh as the Rams defense will be the best he has faced so far in 2020 and the defense will be facing a potent offense. Overall it seems like a good temperature check for this team.

2 hours ago, dubs said:

In some ways, the season starts this week.  Glad the Bills were able to start with a couple less imposing games, although all the credit with how they played.  This will be a big test.

In NO way is this accurate. We’ve won our 1st 2 Division games in a sport where winning the Division is paramount to playing home games in January with a chance at a title. How many Division titles have we had this century?

If anything, the Rams game is one we can lose and still be contending for a division championship.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m interested to see how the whole Jalen Ramsey vs Josh Allen thing plays out.. Ramsey talked a lot of crap about Allen over the years so this one is personal.. Instead of running away from Ramsey, I’d love to see a whole litany of gimmicky plays to get Stefon Diggs the ball on Sunday.. Ramsey may be the best CB in football but Stefon Diggs is having an All-Pro year...

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m interested to see how the whole Jalen Ramsey vs Josh Allen thing plays out.. Ramsey talked a lot of crap about Allen over the years so this one is personal.. Instead of running away from Ramsey, I’d love to see a whole litany of gimmicky plays to get Stefon Diggs the ball on Sunday.. Ramsey may be the best CB in football but Stefon Diggs is having an All-Pro year...

1 v 1doesn't win anything in the NFL. It's 11 v 11. If Diggs is open throw his way, if not, get someone else cause someone else will be open. Vendettas lose games. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

What you are saying goes completely against everything McD's Buffalo Bills are about.  Everything.  I guarantee you the thought of trying to "show up" Jalen Ramsey is not part of the discussion in preparation for Sunday's game.

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

1 v 1doesn't win anything in the NFL. It's 11 v 11. If Diggs is open throw his way, if not, get someone else cause someone else will be open. Vendettas lose games. 

Allen has shown he can spread the ball around. 8 different receivers in both games so far.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

In NO way is this accurate. We’ve won our 1st 2 Division games in a sport where winning the Division is paramount to playing home games in January with a chance at a title. How many Division titles have we had this century?

If anything, the Rams game is one we can lose and still be contending for a division championship.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bills' postseason chances improve with a loss to an NFC team.  It's all about the tiebreakers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Allen has shown he can spread the ball around. 8 different receivers in both games so far.

A testament to how well he’s reading defenses, getting in and out of plays, and finding the open man. Josh has officially arrived. 

That said, there’s gonna be clunkers along the way and the true mark of a great team is being able to win a game when it’s just not your day. There were several of those back in our SB years.