Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

Not feeling it this week. Too dinged up across  the board. It took a herculean effort by Josh Allen to beat a not so good Miami squad. They won't be so fortunate this week.

lol, I'm opposite, I think Bills come away with a win. Just a very close win. Going to be a good one here I believe though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Speaking of Oliver, in Dolphins game in a drive which ended by that amazing goal line stand (sparked by Ed on the first down), he was hurt on one play where he tried (or at least it looked that way) to trip Dolphins RB by stretching his leg sideways.

The announcers said that he should be penalized for that. Is that correct? If yes, is it considered dirty play?

It happened with 5.54 remaining it the 3rd quarter if somebody wants to look it up. Thanks.

yes and yes

The level of dirtiness is very debatable but is dirty

32 minutes ago, Beast said:

Not feeling it this week. Too dinged up across  the board. It took a herculean effort by Josh Allen to beat a not so good Miami squad. They won't be so fortunate this week.

I think it all depends on milano and edmunds. With them in we match up fairly well with the rams just about everywhere in my opinion. With them out see fitz and the tight end over the middle last week and multiply it by 20

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

Doesn't hurt to put as many people on the injury report as possible. Tom Brady's throwing shoulder is still on the treatment table at Foxboro.  Hell, maybe injury reports are finally accurate, instead of jacking everybody up on painkillers and smelling salts.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Speaking of Oliver, in Dolphins game in a drive which ended by that amazing goal line stand (sparked by Ed on the first down), he was hurt on one play where he tried (or at least it looked that way) to trip Dolphins RB by stretching his leg sideways.

The announcers said that he should be penalized for that. Is that correct? If yes, is it considered dirty play?

It happened with 5.54 remaining it the 3rd quarter if somebody wants to look it up. Thanks.

I love Ed Oliver, but yes that should have been a penalty and yes it's dirty.

Also, it's good for your mental health to file away plays like that where the officials blew a call that worked in our benefit.  It helps balance out the pain when a bad call goes the other way.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

talk about automatic. tre didnt stand a chance poor guy.

it makes them both better players. 

one of the best against one of the best 

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Uh oh, should we be worried about Tre?  Gives up a touchdown last week, got burned by Diggs there, just got paid so now he's gonna dog it.....time for a trade?!?!?

*Before you kill me, please realize this was said with large amounts of sarcasm - that's a great throw and catch

😆 
see above 

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-rejuvenated-offense-rams-coach-mcvays-attention-203247609--nfl.html

apologies of duplicated 

Quarterback Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills - a team previously known for having a defense-first reputation - have suddenly captured the Los Angeles Rams coach's attention as the teams prepare to play at Orchard Park, New York, on Sunday.

''A lot of mixture in personnel. A lot of different looks they can present,'' McVay said. ''And Josh's ability to be able to beat you with his arms and legs and create off-schedule is a real winning edge. Man, I've been impressed with him the first couple of weeks.''

ALLEN VS RAMSEY

Allen dismissed questions about a feud he's had with Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey, who was with Jacksonville in 2018 when he called the quarterback ''trash'' in a magazine article. Ramsey questioned Allen's abilities coming out of Wyoming.

A year later, Allen signed a picture for a fan by writing, ''Hey Ramsey ... Am I still trash?'' to which Ramsey posted ''Yes'' on his Twitter account.

''That was so long ago in my opinion, and it's really a non-factor,'' Allen said Wednesday.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Bad news; we need him this week. If he doesn’t go, I suspect you’ll see Diggs in the slot and Davis outside a fair amount.

He can still run and if he can run, he’s gotta go, right? He can at least run patterns, help to clear out areas, and be a threat to catch passes. At least until that thumb falls off.

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Tripping is against the rules, so yes, the announcers were correct.

Why the Bills can win:

1.  Ram D is pretty vanilla and Daboll should be able to scheme well against it.

2.  Rams LBs in coverage not a strength, middle of field available.

3.  Akers likely out and Malcom Brown will be limited with splinted finger at RB.

4.  Goff not a strong arm vs wind.

5.  2d East Coast game in 7days with two of those as travel days for Rams.

Why the Rams can win:

1.  Rams can run the rock on a windy day.  Averaging 172 ypg Rushing 1st 2 weeks.  Bills yielding a healthy YPC to opponents.

2.  Higbee and dual TE formation will challenge Bills LBs.  Milano and Edmunds both need to play to limit them here.

3.  Donald vs Bills interior OL not a good matchup.  Spain and Morse may struggle.

4.  Heavy use of Zone on D could confuse Josh and force him to throw into tight windows.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I predicted this to be a loss before the season but for some reason I just have a really good feeling about it. McDermott and Frazier are going to have a defensive game plan in place to confuse Goff and I think Allen and the offense will pick up right where they left off.