Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt see a lot of lack of respect.  I mean if you are not a Bills fan and look at how we beat up on 2 weak teams, I wouldn't automatically pencil us in for the SB either.  Most of them were pretty complimentary and predicted close scores.  

I didn’t read the entire thread over there so I’ll take your word for it, but the few I did read showed a lack of knowledge of our team and a lack of respect. Things like Ramsey will just take out Diggs so our pass game will be stopped, for example. I don’t expect anyone to pencil us in for the SB, either, btw, in order to illustrate respect. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AirAllenPower said:

Gabriel Davis has de facto replaced knox...  

I think Davis is gonna be just fine as our #4 WR don't you?  I'm not givin up on Knox yet, I just hope he can get past this concussion and back onto the field pronto.  Last game was a lil rough for him....but it's wayyy early and plenty of time for him to be the guy for us at TE....

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I think Davis is gonna be just fine as our #4 WR don't you?  I'm not givin up on Knox yet, I just hope he can get past this concussion and back onto the field pronto.  Last game was a lil rough for him....but it's wayyy early and plenty of time for him to be the guy for us at TE....

Knox honestly had a great play against the Dolphins if he didn't lose the football at the end.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Pretty superficial assessment. 

16 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I have this weird feeling like the eagles game last year, confident we would take them at home and bam wake up call. Just the unfamiliarity with them.

We absolutely need to rattle Goff and throw his timing off. He has some nice weapons and you can bet they are going after Levi. He is going to need to step up this game. I’m more worried about D at this point this week then what our offense will deliver. 

Oh no question we can easily lose to the Rams. But they will have their hands full with us too.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

No, it's not 2018. This is however a team a little over a year removed from being in the SB that we are facing. It will be the best defense we have faced thus far and the best offense from top to bottom. They also have the arguably the best player in the NFL on their DL who will be lining up across from Spain and one of the 5 best CB's in the league. Don't sleep on Micah Kiser either, their starting ILB. I have confidence that our team can put up points this year and hang in a shootout, but I'm also not overconfident to think that we have arrived just yet. Higbee, Kupp, Woods, Jefferson, and whatever RB they throw out there are the best we will have faced thus far. It could make for a really long day on defense without our two starting LB's who fly all over the field making plays.  

As far as being 2018 NFC Champions....as someone on the SB-winning Steelers said "take those rings off and put 'em in the locker, boys, they won't help us this year".  The 2018 NFC Champions failed to become the Superbowl champions because they had a meh D going in (20th) and Belicheck brought their high-flying #2 offense down to earth.

Last year the Rams had the meh #17 ranked defense to accompany their meh 9-7 record and just-below top-10 offense (#11).  They had Donald last year.  They acquired Ramsey week 7 and were 5-4 afterwards. 

Questiion: What do you feel has changed for them this season to make them more like 2018 than 2019?

You're right "best defense we've faced so far" and we better not take them lightly ...... but that may be a relatively mediocre bar.

I do hope we get Milano and Edmunds back but better not to rush them.

7 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Not sure if it's been discussed

Robert Woods is #$#%##$ crazy

What makes you say that? 

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

No, it's not 2018. This is however a team a little over a year removed from being in the SB that we are facing. It will be the best defense we have faced thus far and the best offense from top to bottom. They also have the arguably the best player in the NFL on their DL who will be lining up across from Spain and one of the 5 best CB's in the league. Don't sleep on Micah Kiser either, their starting ILB. I have confidence that our team can put up points this year and hang in a shootout, but I'm also not overconfident to think that we have arrived just yet. Higbee, Kupp, Woods, Jefferson, and whatever RB they throw out there are the best we will have faced thus far. It could make for a really long day on defense without our two starting LB's who fly all over the field making plays.  

If we had Milano and Edmonds back then the Rams would be facing top 5 on both sides of the ball.  As I said.  The Rams have a chance to beat us without them.  With them, their are not many teams that have a high chance to beat us.

Legit top 5 D I would add as another poster pointed out we are top 5 on D right now.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm old, and I've been on TBD a long time.  Why do you say that?

When Woods was here someone started a thread, apropos of nothing, titled "Robert Woods is $#%#$% crazy" - it got a lot of play at the time - and there are some of us on here that still bring it up

Now that all the fun has been sucked from that - feel free to proceed with thread 😛 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As far as being 2018 NFC Champions....as someone on the SB-winning Steelers said "take those rings off and put 'em in the locker, boys, they won't help us this year".  The 2018 NFC Champions failed to become the Superbowl champions because they had a meh D going in (20th) and Belicheck brought their high-flying #2 offense down to earth.

Last year the Rams had the meh #17 ranked defense to accompany their meh 9-7 record and just-below top-10 offense (#11).  They had Donald last year.  They acquired Ramsey week 7 and were 5-4 afterwards. 

Questiion: What do you feel has changed for them this season to make them more like 2018 than 2019?

You're right "best defense we've faced so far" and we better not take them lightly ...... but that may be a relatively mediocre bar.

I do hope we get Milano and Edmunds back but better not to rush them.

The switch to Brandon Staley, who learned under Fangio in Denver and Chicago, seems to have injected some life into that defense. In their first two games they have held the opposing teams under 20 points. It's the same scheme Denver was running for the Peyton Manning years. The fact that they are keeping Goff clean on drop backs is also helping the offense as he is off to a hot start. This is why I said in my original post that getting pressure on Goff, especially from the interior, is the key to the game. He starts seeing ghosts if you bang him around in the pocket. McVay is one of the most intelligent coaches in the NFL though and he will surely attack our weak LB group if we are without Edmunds/Milano once again. Higbee is every bit as talented a Gesicki, who just ate us alive last week. Gerald Everett has been known to turn in the occasional as well. The prospects of Levi Wallace trying to hang with either Kupp or Woods also doesn't seem that ideal. The Rams tend to play with more pace than either the Jets or the Dolphins so I worry about our guys getting gassed again, only this time facing a more talented overall group. I'm not saying we are going to get blown out because I believe our offense can score points this year, but I am not at the point where I am overly confident thinking that we are just going to handle everyone on the schedule. We have a much tougher road in 2020 and this is the first big test. With a healthy Edmunds and Milano I do believe we win by 10. Without them I believe in the best case scenario it will be a nail biter that hopefully Josh can go Captain Clutch again to pull off for us somehow. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They also mentioned how we struggle to beat good teams

I have a question:  what teams don’t struggle to beat good teams?  I mean, if you don’t struggle to beat good teams you should be 16-0, right?

The point being, as long as the Bills are putting themselves in a position to win against every opponent the “struggle to beat good teams” thing sounds pretty silly.

The next step is to get over the hump against “good teams” more often than not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Their record against winning teams since McD arrived is atrocious.

Agreed that is the next step. Hopefully starts this Sunday. 👍🏻

2017 and 2018 don’t mean a hill of beans at this point.  Last season the Bills gave themselves a chance in every game except one (Philly).  Yes, I’m hoping they finish the job more frequently starting this week.

Didn’t want to start a new thread so I was thinking about Shaq and Phillips after seeing Shaq do nothing against us last game. 

Combined they have five tackles and one sack. I hope those who were arguing to keep them finally recognize that Beane has got this. 😃 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt see a lot of lack of respect.  I mean if you are not a Bills fan and look at how we beat up on 2 weak teams, I wouldn't automatically pencil us in for the SB either.  Most of them were pretty complimentary and predicted close scores.  

My take too, and there were some passibly knowledgeable posts with insight about the Bills players and strengths scattered between the less informed nonsense.

There was an expected  amount of homerism, but no reason for them to think their team can't get a win.

I have visited worse boards.. Going to be a tough game. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am looking forward Sunday. No matter how tough it is to play division games, both games so far were 'must' wins for us, and we only had to lose something. 

Next four games are completely different story, against teams which have currently 8-0 combined record, and are all really tough.

I love it though. We are relevant and need to prove it. If we start with Rams this week we'll get a lot of respect.

As for the game, I read what smarter people than me posted in this thread and I do think this game has 27-24 score written all over it. I hope that it is Bass who scores those two FGs :)