Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, AirAllenPower said:

Akers - torn rib cartilage 

Brown- broken finger ( surgery but will play)

Why wont it be an easy game? 

Our offense is unstoppable 

We could just as easily run them out of the building if we stop the fumbles 

I'm expecting us to jump on them quickly 

Their oline is banged up

Their RBS are banged up

We have ***** Josh Allen!!!

Buffalo 44

Rams 20

I like your enthusiasm, however you'll have to count me amongst those who absolutely do not think this will be an easy game. Not by a long shot.  I think it's a little premature to call our offense unstoppable just yet.  Don't get me wrong, I think Allen is ballin out of control, and Diggs Brown and Beasley are an excellent starting 3.  We have yet to get our running game flowing, and we still don't know where we are as far as our TE situation goes, especially with Knox fumbling and dropping another pass before going out w/injury.

We ARE 2-0, but we beat two teams we were SUPPOSED to beat.  In the Jets game we left ALOT of points on the table and let them hang around til the 4th quarter due to turnovers and sloppy play.  In the Dolphins game they were beating US and we had to comeback to get the W.

We got lots of work to do.  But I do believe we have the potential to be unstoppable, and if Josh keeps improving like he has, man oh man, I can vision a future where he's not just in the conversation about MVP,  but is the favorite!

This Rams game is gonna be a more accurate gage on where we are as a team, IMHO.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, stuvian said:

how do we factor for home field advantage?

What home field advantage? Teams have to get on a plane and travel but as far as game day goes their is no "home" or "road" games this year. Basically every team is playing 16 games on a neutral site field with empty stadiums or extremely small crowds.

11 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I like your enthusiasm, however you'll have to count me amongst those who absolutely do not think this will be an easy game. Not by a long shot.  I think it's a little premature to call our offense unstoppable just yet.  Don't get me wrong, I think Allen is ballin out of control, and Diggs Brown and Beasley are an excellent starting 3.  We have yet to get our running game flowing, and we still don't know where we are as far as our TE situation goes, especially with Knox fumbling and dropping another pass before going out w/injury.

We ARE 2-0, but we beat two teams we were SUPPOSED to beat.  In the Jets game we left ALOT of points on the table and let them hang around til the 4th quarter due to turnovers and sloppy play.  In the Dolphins game they were beating US and we had to comeback to get the W.

We got lots of work to do.  But I do believe we have the potential to be unstoppable, and if Josh keeps improving like he has, man oh man, I can vision a future where he's not just in the conversation about MVP,  but is the favorite!

This Rams game is gonna be a more accurate gage on where we are as a team, IMHO.  

Gabriel Davis has de facto replaced knox...  

If I were the Rams I would seriously consider simply running at the Bills and hitting the short stuff to drag this game out and keep Allen and this offense cooling its heels on the sideline.

Allen is on fire and we have a ton of offensive weapons so the best defense is long drives that keep him off the field.

I do not envision a wide open game, but we will see.

23 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

We beat 1 playoff team last season in the Titans, and that didn't even count bc they had Mariota

if we wanna win the division we have to win these games. NE went into seattle and was a few yards away from beating them with Cam throwing almost 400 yards to no names. Patriots are a very good team this season 

Cam throwing 400yds against no names and has beens, sounds more accurate.

Edelman has a few rings I believe.

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its gonna be Wilson for sure.  He did it on Primetime with everyone watching.  Outside of Bills and Dolphin fans, how many people were actually watching him play Sunday.  But its still great he's getting attention.

And honestly, Wilson probably deserves it more given the quality of opponent was so much higher than the Dolphins.  Not to take anything away from Allen, and I still voted for Allen, but Wilson had a phenomenal day himself against the GOAT defensive mind in history and one the best DB's in the game.  

They left off the pic-6 Wilson threw.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The lack of respect informed by lack of familiarity is not surprising. 

I didnt see a lot of lack of respect.  I mean if you are not a Bills fan and look at how we beat up on 2 weak teams, I wouldn't automatically pencil us in for the SB either.  Most of them were pretty complimentary and predicted close scores.  

20 hours ago, H2o said:

If we have no Edmunds and no Milano this game then I don't see it ending well for us. We NEED our young, athletic LB's out there. I am hoping that McDermott held them out this last game more as precautionary by giving them the ability to rest up for a week prior to the Rams game. The matchup of Aaron Donald vs Spain also makes me extremely nervous. The key for us in this game will be whether or not we can get interior pressure on Goff. If Ed O, Harry, Butler, and Jefferson can push the pocket or disrupt from the middle then Goff will not be that effective. The pressure from the middle will force him to move right into our defensive ends crashing from the outside. Goff is also the type who starts seeing ghosts once he takes a few hits so we need to get to him early and often. The problem with that is they have only given up 2 sacks in 2 games. Hopefully Frazier and McD can find a way to create pressure with just our front 4 because they have a lot of weapons at the skill positions which will need to be accounted for. I believe our offense can put up points with them, I just hope it doesn't come to that. I would much rather see the defense get back to form and our offense maintain what they've been doing, as well as find a way to get the running game going. 

I think a lot of people are looking at it wrong.  If we don't have Edmonds and Milano then the Rams have a chance.  This isn't 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt see a lot of lack of respect.  I mean if you are not a Bills fan and look at how we beat up on 2 weak teams, I wouldn't automatically pencil us in for the SB either.  Most of them were pretty complimentary and predicted close scores.  

Yeah most of them are giving the Bills credit but of course they're picking their team they aren't a garbage fire right now like the Jets.

Edited by Warcodered

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think a lot of people are looking at it wrong.  If we don't have Edmonds and Milano then the Rams have a chance.  This isn't 2018.

No, it's not 2018. This is however a team a little over a year removed from being in the SB that we are facing. It will be the best defense we have faced thus far and the best offense from top to bottom. They also have the arguably the best player in the NFL on their DL who will be lining up across from Spain and one of the 5 best CB's in the league. Don't sleep on Micah Kiser either, their starting ILB. I have confidence that our team can put up points this year and hang in a shootout, but I'm also not overconfident to think that we have arrived just yet. Higbee, Kupp, Woods, Jefferson, and whatever RB they throw out there are the best we will have faced thus far. It could make for a really long day on defense without our two starting LB's who fly all over the field making plays.  

I have this weird feeling like the eagles game last year, confident we would take them at home and bam wake up call. Just the unfamiliarity with them.

We absolutely need to rattle Goff and throw his timing off. He has some nice weapons and you can bet they are going after Levi. He is going to need to step up this game. I’m more worried about D at this point this week then what our offense will deliver.