Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

From Sal C.

"A red non-contact jersey means just that. Non-contact. “Be careful near the player. Don’t hit him.” It does not mean anything definitive on game status".

With Milano, the hamstring either feels loose or it doesn’t.  Getting hit isn’t going to affect that. 

With Edmunds, it could just be pain management. If they aren’t worried about his injury getting worse by playing, might as well give him as much time as possible to get that shoulder healed up before game time. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

With Milano, the hamstring either feels loose or it doesn’t.  Getting hit isn’t going to affect that. 

With Edmunds, it could just be pain management. If they aren’t worried about his injury getting worse by playing, might as well give him as much time as possible to get that shoulder healed up before game time. 

Neutralizing Higbee changes their offense. He had 3td's last week. Edmund's is a big part of that. Being out there 3 days in a row I have to think he is playing.

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. Not sure about this game. Really does remind me of last years Philly game. Hope McD is up to the challenge this time. 

They've been far from elite the first two weeks. 

Don’t be silly. They gave up 10 points and then went into prevent week 1. They were very good/debatably elite. Last week I think it was a combo of injuries and catching fitz on a heater... which he’s still on. 

mill give you last week. But they were elite week 1 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. Not sure about this game. Really does remind me of last years Philly game. Hope McD is up to the challenge this time. 

They've been far from elite the first two weeks. 

Agreed.  We have way too much investment of that side of the ball to have them look like they’ve looked so far this season.  

I understand we’ve dealt with injuries, but that Miami second half from our defense was very disappointing to watch. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Agreed.  We have way too much investment of that side of the ball to have them look like they’ve looked so far this season.  

I understand we’ve dealt with injuries, but that Miami second half from our defense was very disappointing to watch. 

Yeah, that goal line stand was disappointing.  And then, after scoring to take a 24-20 lead, stopping Miami and getting the ball back so we could put the game away was disappointing as well.

Against the Jets the defense was top notch.  Against Miami they gave up short passes and played without two starting LBs.  Go back and watch the replay -- Fitz was putting the ball in some tight windows.

They've given up 30 points aside from two garbage time TDs when holding a double-digit lead.

Some of you are pretty unrealistic with your expectations.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So we just excuse the defense because "Fitz is on a heater"? 

They were solid in week 1 but no where near elite against a pathetic Jets offense and average at best last week. Fitz/Gailey made the defense pay for most of the game. 

Watch Baltimore play defense. They are VERY GOOD. At least to start. 

Would love to see a bounce back performance this week.

No. More of I guess I’ll give it to you but let’s have some context. 

and I’ve watched an elite defense for a year now in buffalo. I don’t need to watch Baltimore’s. Let’s get at least one of those LB’s back and see how things go. 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Ok but they haven't been elite at all the first two weeks... I'm talking about this year.

Agree having Edmunds and Milano back would be a gigantic lift. 

I disagree. They made life absolutely miserable on the jets until they called off the dogs

There was nothing about that last meaningless drive as time expired that said anything about the defense in week 1 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yeah, that goal line stand was disappointing.  And then, after scoring to take a 24-20 lead, stopping Miami and getting the ball back so we could put the game away was disappointing as well.

Against the Jets the defense was top notch.  Against Miami they gave up short passes and played without two starting LBs.  Go back and watch the replay -- Fitz was putting the ball in some tight windows.

They've given up 30 points aside from two garbage time TDs when holding a double-digit lead.

This. And,  to your point, it is not an excuse to point out that the Bills matched up against the "Good Fitz" last Sunday. As we have seen, when he is on, Fitz can be downright lethal. Passes were coming out of his hand quickly (withstanding numerous hits from the defense in the process), were right on the money and he was trusting his receivers to make plays. And those receivers made some fantastic contested receptions. He played the same way against the Jags last night: 18 of 20 on pass attempts.

I'm not sure that Goff has the mental make-up to stand in there and take the shots that Fitz endured last week -- or the mobility to evade pressure.

Of course, the defense was indeed a bit soft in the middle of the field last week -- hopefully we get one or both LBs back this week to help.

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Even without Edmunds/Milano, we have a high paid DL, with multiple high round draft picks invested, one of the best Safety duo’s in the NFL and Tre White.... 

The goal line stand may have been stopped even if Williams caught the pass that was right in his hands, but we’ll never know.   Fitz was having his way with us outside of that stop you mentioned.  

The Jets are barely NFL level.  

Im hoping to see a defense on Sunday that makes life difficult for Goff and the Rams.   That’s all I’m saying... because they didn’t do that to Fitz and the Dolphins.  

Edited by SCBills