Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

With the expected extra windy conditions, my suspicion is that the Rams' gameplan (similar to what the Eagles' was against us in similar conditions last year) will be to focus on the running game with some mixed in play-action passes. The Bills had trouble stopping the run and Josh turned the ball over in that game against the Eagles last year, which proved to be our most lop-sided loss of the season. If I'm McD and Frazier, I focus on stopping the run and try to secure against the short-to-medium routes in the passing game. Dare Goff to beat them over the top. Offensively, it would be nice to get the traditional ground game going.

As long as Josh also passes for 500 yds to continue his progression

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is the BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!

Should we win you can buy me a beer.

NFC West team in week 3 is the biggest game of the year huh. smh

It is the first look at how the team and Allen in particular does against a quality opponent and will give a first look at what this team really is this season.  But biggest of the year, hardly. At the very least, the pats games are much bigger.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I already know Allen is a franchise QB. But this is basically the game that will tell us if he is a legit MVP candidate, top 5 QB in the league or maybe just a top 10 QB. 

Allen's hot start has come with a heaping  tablespoon of "yeah but". Fair enough given the opponents. Very similar to Jackson's start in 2019.

After Jackson's two great games to start 2019 he put up pedestrian numbers against KC on the road. 70 QB rating, 51 percent completion, 267 passing yards 0 tds 0 ints 1 rushing td 46 yards rushing. Those numbers look like Allen's current floor for a bad game which is a good improvement over games with a QB rating in the 50's or lower.

Part of me just wants us to win this game, simply so I can stop being a baby who braces myself for a loss in games like this.  

The past is the past, and this is the now... this Buffalo Bills team, on paper, is extremely talented and led by a QB who has potentially made "the jump".

I think you're correct in how this game will shape the narrative on Allen.  He becomes a legit MVP candidate in the media if we win, and he plays well.    

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Cowboys win was by far their most impressive one last season.

The Titans were a completely different team once Tannehill started. Their offense came alive. Bills scored a whopping 14 points in that game and the Titans kicker was a disaster. 

Its time for the Bills to show they can beat the better teams of the league. They haven't shown they can do that. Hopefully starts Sunday. 

Just jumpin in here....Completely agree. Hope it starts Sunday too. But if we lose sunday and then win 2 of the next 3 we will still show we can beat the better teams of the league. Not saying you are saying that, just pointing out we have a real tough 4 game stretch and winning even half of them will prove we belong. 

9 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Just jumpin in here....Completely agree. Hope it starts Sunday too. But if we lose sunday and then win 2 of the next 3 we will still show we can beat the better teams of the league. Not saying you are saying that, just pointing out we have a real tough 4 game stretch and winning even half of them will prove we belong. 

I tend to look at the season in quarters. I looked at the first quarter of the season when the schedule came out and hoped to go 3-1. Obviously the two divisional games were the most critical, then the raiders, then the rams. Im not one to care about anyone’s perception, I only care about the W-L record  so if that 1 loss comes Sunday and they win in LV the following week it is a Successful 1/4 of the season to me. In other words, beating the rams doesnt prove anything meaningful, to me. I don’t know how good the rams are yet. It  means nothing other than a W just like the first two. It proves nothing - it is a week to week league.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I tend to look at the season in quarters. I looked at the first quarter of the season when the schedule came out and hoped to go 3-1. Obviously the two divisional games were the most critical, then the raiders, then the rams. Im not one to care about anyone’s perception, I only care about the W-L record  so if that 1 loss comes Sunday and they win in LV the following week it is a Successful 1/4 of the season to me. In other words, beating the rams doesnt prove anything meaningful, to me. I don’t know how good the rams are yet. It  means nothing other than a W just like the first two. It proves nothing - it is a week to week league.

Also exactly what McD and the Bills do...copy cat