Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My point is that I believe your perception of how experts view the Bills and Josh Allen is skewed, and to dismiss anyone who doesn't see 2 games as "definitive proof" is just silly.

You’re spending way too much time on this.  I disagree with you.  The Bills are not an “iffy” team in the minds of true NFL experts — the only question mark coming into the season was Josh Allen’s progression, and he has answered the bell in nearly everyone’s mind.

Sitting around waiting for a house of cards to collapse isn’t my bag.  I know a good thing when I see it and I’m not going to let 2000-2016 memories keep me from being confident about this team and organization.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, eball said:

You’re spending way too much time on this.

Oh, CLASSIC! 

"All the experts agree the Bills are an upper echelon team!  Go read all the preseason predictions!"

Hapless: Googles and first 3 out of 3 predict Bills as nose-pickers - good enough to hit a WC slot, not good enough to go anywhere with it.  Shares this info.

Eball: "You're spending way too much time on this"

Bless your Little Heart, Son!  Your personal beliefs and intentions were not the subject under discussion.  You believe just whatever you want.

You're right, we disagree, but as a rebuttal of someone who put a bit of time into looking at whether your point is proven or not....Weak Sauce, mate.

We'll have to write your version of "expert beliefs and predictions" down as "disproven".

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

So Beas isn't a vet rest day, he's an injury.   

The good news is, we have some WR depth now.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I keep telling myself "At least we're not the 49ers. At least we're not the 49ers. At least we're not the 49ers. At least we're not the 49ers...."

Gentleman, Hush.  You might jinx us.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So Beas isn't a vet rest day, he's an injury.   

The good news is, we have some WR depth now.

Gentleman, Hush.  You might jinx us.

I think this happens a lot so far with the first day back after the game. McDermott seems to like to let the sore guys get an extra day to heal up.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think this happens a lot so far with the first day back after the game. McDermott seems to like to let the sore guys get an extra day to heal up.

Under McD the Bills seem to take a very cautious approach early on with injuries, and I can’t say that the results have been poor.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Beasley would be a big loss for this game. The slot routes could play big. But, I could see Brown getting a lot of those plays, and Davis running wide. 

Taron Johnson could be a significant loss, especially if Milano, or Edmunds doesn't make it back on the field, but I have a lot of confidence in Neal. That guy's a beast.

I kinda feel like I'm not going to miss Knox dropping passes. 

God, I hope Oliver's absence is precautionary, and I hope Tre's red jersey was lined with bubble wrap. Obviously, either of those guys would be a huge loss for this game.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:35 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Well we had the 2019 version of the defense week 1, we dominated all facets of that game.  Week 2, we were missing 2 of our best players, both at LB, both who excel in coverage and shutting down middle of field.  Miami has a very good coaching staff now, I literally think the Dolphins have their own version of McD and Beane now and are about at the same spot we were during Allens rookie year.  Great staff, pieces being added each year, on their way up.  So that staff literally focused on exploiting the weakness of the D Sunday, and it worked as Gesicki had a career day because of it.  This put a ton more pressure on the DB's too, and allowed them to exploit and abuse Levi as well who struggled all day.  

So, we still have that stingy 2019 version of the defense, we have just never before been forced to play without our 2 stud LB's in the same game before, not to mention, Norman is going to be a clear upgrade over Levi.  

Speaking of Levi, I don't know what happened to him.  There was a stretch last year where he was our highest rated DB and playing great as teams tried to attack him and avoid Tre.  But as the season wore on, he got more inconsistent.  He is a guy that cn go out on a Sunday and have a great game, make great plays, etc...or he can go out and be a complete liability.  I don't understand what it is that makes him like that.  I know Milano and Edmunds being out didn't help at all, but still, he struggled a lot yesterday again.  

Hopefully he shakes it off and has a bounce back game.  Anyone know the status of Norman and if he has a shot to play Sunday?   

Norman can come off of IR after Sunday 

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Under McD the Bills seem to take a very cautious approach early on with injuries, and I can’t say that the results have been poor.

I mean it makes sense as the season goes more of the practice becomes mental anyway.

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think Beasley would be a big loss for this game. The slot routes could play big. But, I could see Brown getting a lot of those plays, and Davis running wide. 

Taron Johnson could be a significant loss, especially if Milano, or Edmunds doesn't make it back on the field, but I have a lot of confidence in Neal. That guy's a beast.

I kinda feel like I'm not going to miss Knox dropping passes. 

God, I hope Oliver's absence is precautionary, and I hope Tre's red jersey was lined with bubble wrap. Obviously, either of those guys would be a huge loss for this game.

I'm guessing unless he actually hurt something on it Beasley has a contusion on his hip from that big 1st down play.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it makes sense as the season goes more of the practice becomes mental anyway.

I'm guessing unless he actually hurt something on it Beasley has a contusion on his hip from that big 1st down play.

He took a hit, that's for sure. But he was back out on the field after that, right? Hopefully not too serious.