Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

McDermott gets on my nerves anymore. He never seemed prepared for pressers, let alone coach-speak. I know it’s not fair to compare Belichek to ANY other coach, but Bill is always prepared, knows his opponents players, strengths and discusses them at length. 

Wrestle Boy just seems so clueless.. It’s not being coy. He really doesn’t seem to know much about other teams.

I’m glad he’s our coach, but he’s alarmingly weak with press conferences.

juss sayin’🤷‍♂️

I was about to type this comment on FB, but I'll drop it here.  It's not so much that he doesn't know, he just refuses to say anything of value to the press.  They ask the same softball questions each week and he responds the same way: "he's a tremendous football player...", "we have a lot of respect for him..", "I'm not going to get in to that...", "we are going to control what we can control..."  Nothing of value comes out of these exchanges. 

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

McDermott gets on my nerves anymore. He never seemed prepared for pressers, let alone coach-speak. I know it’s not fair to compare Belichek to ANY other coach, but Bill is always prepared, knows his opponents players, strengths and discusses them at length. 

Wrestle Boy just seems so clueless.. It’s not being coy. He really doesn’t seem to know much about other teams.

juss sayin’🤷‍♂️

Interesting take.  I think McD is from the Dean Smith school of press conferences.  Do nothing but praise your opponent and talk about how much of a challenge this week is going to be for your team.

If there is one thing McD is not, it's unprepared.  He's not about to give anyone one lick of material to use against him or his team, and he couldn't care less what you think of his press conferences.

• Like (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

juss sayin’🤷‍♂️

there is no way you actually think McD is clueless about our opponents

right?

like your just venting about not liking McD pressers? 

You cannot possibly think an NFL head coach DOESNT KNOW HIS OPPONENTS PLAYERS.....right??

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, eball said:

Interesting take.  I think McD is from the Dean Smith school of press conferences.  Do nothing but praise your opponent and talk about how much of a challenge this week is going to be for your team.

If there is one thing McD is not, it's unprepared.  He's not about to give anyone one lick of material to use against him or his team, and he couldn't care less what you think of his press conferences.

Sure, I get it. But he DOESN’T know player names. The guy from LA is a perfect example. They’ve gone from 1 Super back to a diverse trio with specific skills. If McD IS aware, he could easily have reiterated what EVERYBODY knows about specific skills each bring. 

Again, the Evil Lord knows all this and talks about them without giving any indication of what his plan is.

Black & White. Night & Day. Great & terrible.

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

there is no way you actually think McD is clueless about our opponents

right?

like your just venting about not liking McD pressers? 

You cannot possibly think an NFL head coach DOESNT KNOW HIS OPPONENTS PLAYERS.....right??

New meme Adam Gase claims he doesn't know what a meme is

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Eh.  We've also lost 2 of those 2 playoff games.

People rightly want to know, do we got a guy who can stand with the top QB in the league, or are we setting up to be the 2011 Bengals, who went to playoffs 5 straight years with Dalton - WC slots - and lost every one?  Has Allen really taken a big step, or did we just buy our Andy Dalton his AJ Green?

Meh.  No "expert" out there is skeptical of the Bills as a franchise that has reached the upper echelon of the NFL.  The only question mark heading into this season was whether Josh would continue to show progression or if he had already reached his pinnacle.  That question has been answered.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sure, I get it. But he DOESN’T know player names. The guy from LA is a perfect example. They’ve gone from 1 Super back to a diverse trio with specific skills. If McD IS aware, he could easily have reiterated what EVERYBODY knows about specific skills each bring. 

Again, the Evil Lord knows all this and talks about them without giving any indication of what his plan is.

Black & White. Night & Day. Great & terrible.

@Chandler#81, with all respect...outside "the Belistrator" where he actually does show opponents plays and do some diagramming, my recollection of the knowledge the Evil Lord shows about his opponent's players is to say in a dead flat monotone, "Good player..." "Good player..." "Excellent player..." "Good player"

Where are all these colorful and informative Belicheck pressers to which you refer?

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Meh.  No "expert" out there is skeptical of the Bills as a franchise that has reached the upper echelon of the NFL.  The only question mark heading into this season was whether Josh would continue to show progression or if he had already reached his pinnacle.  That question has been answered.

It's been answered to your satisfaction.  We played two teams that only the delusional expected to be great this year.

To the casual fan, to many shell-shocked and long-suffering Bills fans, and to many of the pundits around the league, they want to know if this is the 2011 5-2 Bills, or is this legit?

Asserting that no expert is skeptical of the Bills as an upper echelon franchise blah blah is true only if you dismiss any experts who are so, or who believe there are still questions.

They exist, and claiming they don't or dismissing them doesn't make them go away.

1 minute ago, eball said:

They don't exist.

I believe you to be correct on this point.

IMO, this week comes down to HC vs HC.

In 2017 the two hottest coaching candidates were Sean McD and Sean McV.

Sean McD, the cultural guru with a defensive background

Sean McV, the offensive hot rod

Teams look pretty evenly matched on paper. Let's see who out-prepares and out-maneuvers who.

There can be only ONE SEAN MC

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

IMO, this week comes down to HC vs HC.

In 2017 the two hottest coaching candidates were Sean McD and Sean McV.

Sean McD, the cultural guru with a defensive background

Sean McV, the offensive hot rod

Teams look pretty evenly matched on paper. Let's see who out-prepares and out-maneuvers who.

There can be only ONE SEAN MC

I am more interested in how McDermott does against the guy he is currently 0-6 against.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's been answered to your satisfaction.  We played two teams that only the delusional expected to be great this year.

To the casual fan, to many shell-shocked and long-suffering Bills fans, and to many of the pundits around the league, they want to know if this is the 2011 5-2 Bills, or is this legit?

Asserting that no expert is skeptical of the Bills as an upper echelon franchise blah blah is true only if you dismiss any experts who are so, or who believe there are still questions.

They exist, and claiming they don't or dismissing them doesn't make them go away.

I strongly disagree.  Go back and read every preseason prognostication for the Bills.  The only question mark raised is Josh Allen.  Phrases like "the Bills will only go as far as Josh Allen takes them" abound.

The casual fan knows Buffalo went to the playoffs last year and "should" have beaten Houston.

I don't pay attention to BBFS-stricken Bills fans because that's just a mentality that needs to go away.

When your QB comes out and puts up historic numbers against any NFL defense for two weeks it's enough to definitively say "he hasn't reached his peak."  If you can't see that, I'm sorry.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe you to be correct on this point.

the bolded might make sense if they werent just coming off 10 wins.... apples to oranges IMO.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ok, then come back to the board in 6 weeks when that is relevant.

Its going to end up being the most relevant thing if the Bills want to be AFCE champs. But I get it, its the Rams this week. Getting to 3-0 is all that is important right now.

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am more interested in how McDermott does against the guy he is currently 0-6 against.

I’m more interesting in how McDermott does in the Super Bowl.  It’s the only thing that really matters.  

• Like (+1) 1