Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

21 hours ago, CIrvine said:

Tough game for the Rams.  They wanted to stay on the east coast, but the league said no.

The 49ers are staying east for their back to back games in NJ.  I wonder why allow the 9ers but not the Rams?  Is the league now favoring the Bills.  Figure they owe us after 25  years of getting hosed.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

When can we expect an update on Milano or Edmunds? I feel down about Buffalo winning this game without them.

Same here. If they are out then the Bills will have to win a shootout. Maybe Josh can throw for 500 yards and 5 TD's this week.

This will not be an easy game.

The key is going to be stuffing the run and putting good, solid chucks on their WRs. You absolutely must disrupt the timing of their passing offense and keep Goff from getting into a rhythm.

I feel pretty secure in knowing that they’ll have a plan to limit Aaron Donald (obviously you aren’t going to neutralize him completely), so WRs and TEs winning 1-1 matchups will be critical.

Ramsey is by far their best corner; I wouldn’t feel great about leaving Hill or Darious Williams on Smoke without help. Johnson is a solid safety—loved him coming out of BC a few years ago—but man coverage isn’t his strongest asset.

I’m thinking that Bease can get some volume early and often, which would force either the ILBs to loosen up and open more opportunities for the backs, or Johnson to walk down closer to the box and leave Smoke 1-1.

Looks like the Rams starting LG will miss this game which could be significant for us. Hopefully Oliver and Jefferson can have huge games and wreck some plays up the middle. 

Also sounds as if Rams' fans aren't expecting Akers to play much this week with his rib injury. Will be Brown/Henderson in the backfield with the obligatory carries for Kupp and Woods mixed in. 

Akers - torn rib cartilage 

Brown- broken finger ( surgery but will play)

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

This will not be an easy game.

The key is going to be stuffing the run and putting good, solid chucks on their WRs. You absolutely must disrupt the timing of their passing offense and keep Goff from getting into a rhythm.

I feel pretty secure in knowing that they’ll have a plan to limit Aaron Donald (obviously you aren’t going to neutralize him completely), so WRs and TEs winning 1-1 matchups will be critical.

Ramsey is by far their best corner; I wouldn’t feel great about leaving Hill or Darious Williams on Smoke without help. Johnson is a solid safety—loved him coming out of BC a few years ago—but man coverage isn’t his strongest asset.

I’m thinking that Bease can get some volume early and often, which would force either the ILBs to loosen up and open more opportunities for the backs, or Johnson to walk down closer to the box and leave Smoke 1-1.

Why wont it be an easy game? 

Our offense is unstoppable 

We could just as easily run them out of the building if we stop the fumbles 

I'm expecting us to jump on them quickly 

Their oline is banged up

Their RBS are banged up

We have ***** Josh Allen!!!

Buffalo 44

Rams 20

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Looks like the Rams starting LG will miss this game which could be significant for us. Hopefully Oliver and Jefferson can have huge games and wreck some plays up the middle. 

Also sounds as if Rams' fans aren't expecting Akers to play much this week with his rib injury. Will be Brown/Henderson in the backfield with the obligatory carries for Kupp and Woods mixed in. 

Yep they use the WR In the run game and use 2-3 TEs to facilitate that as well, they ran the ball 76 times the first 2 weeks. They use RBBC which could be impacted with two guys banged up as well as the LG

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t know that. That’s interesting though. The Bills defense provides a lot of disguise pre-snap. But McVay is a genius, they say

Supposedly the Pats showed a look prior to 10 sec on the play clock and then switched after that when the radio comm to the QB went silent.  That seemed quite plausible based on how the game went.

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

The 49ers are staying east for their back to back games in NJ.  I wonder why allow the 9ers but not the Rams?  Is the league now favoring the Bills.  Figure they owe us after 25  years of getting hosed.

I heard this somewhere unless it was in a dream...if a team is traveling like the 9ers and have a back-to-back, they are required to stay put.

4 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Supposedly the Pats showed a look prior to 10 sec on the play clock and then switched after that when the radio comm to the QB went silent.  That seemed quite plausible based on how the game went.

Poyer and Hyde do that without it being a part of the gameplan. Belichick has mentioned it a few times when talking about our secondary - how they can basically change the coverage without seeming to communicate. 

14 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

Their oline is banged up

Their RBS are banged up

Buffalo 44

Rams 20

Because they are a very talented team with a good coach that has been playing good football.

The Bills are very good; they haven’t earned the reputation as a world beater because they beat the Jets by 10 and Dolphins by 3.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Because they are a very talented team with a good coach that has been playing good football.

The Bills are very good; they haven’t earned the reputation as a world beater because they beat the Jets by 10 and Dolphins by 3.

And they have that one guy...Jerry Donald I think it is

19 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

I heard this somewhere unless it was in a dream...if a team is traveling like the 9ers and have a back-to-back, they are required to stay put.

It is the choice of the team. McDermott actually chose to come back East in between west coast games as well when the schedule was being made but it didn’t work out that way with back to backs . McVay also chose not to stay in between eagles/Bills. Eagles fly in on Saturday 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Dude... 

NOBODY CAN STOP US! NOBODY!!

I'm predicting Allen goes for 400 again and we win with ease

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

Their oline is banged up

Their RBS are banged up

Buffalo 44

Rams 20

44-20. I like the optimism but the Rams look like the team from 2 years ago at least offensively. This game will most likely be a shootout that is a back and forth affair. I will say 34-31 Bills but I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills lose. Especially if our LB's are still out.