Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

Hopefully Edmunds and Milano get healthy enough to play.  I am more hopeful for Edmonds though cause the bills go conservative on hammys.  

Given it's an NFC game, and we definitely are conservative with hamstring injuries, i'd agree.  Edmunds practiced non-contact last week..  I think he plays Sunday but no Milano.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I thought it would be because of the 1pm eastern start/cross country travel but apparently not with rams track record there 

such an overrated issue. These guys are young and in shape and fly chartered planes. Why would they be tired and not ready to play?

4 minutes ago, Fetou said:

Doesn't prove anything, it's a terrible wager. Make the equivalent alternate spreads with no teaser to get appropriate value for the shift in odds.

Explain in simpler terms and include an example please.  You’re speaking above my pay grade.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Discipline, discipline, discipline on defense against the Rams.

Don't take the eye candy, don’t fall for the motions and backfield actions. Be disciplined.

I agree, though I suspect they come in with a different game plan than the one I watched vs the Eagles when the game was down.

They know that Schwartz likes to play man to man, and the Eagles play aggressive so they did a lot of misdirections and sweeps. I think that our zone is better suited against that, but I would really love it if someone who knows better does a breakdown.

46 minutes ago, Fetou said:

Doesn't prove anything, it's a terrible wager. Make the equivalent alternate spreads with no teaser to get appropriate value for the shift in odds.

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Explain in simpler terms and include an example please.  You’re speaking above my pay grade.  

I didn’t mean this in a derogatory way.  Sports wagering is my main source of income at the moment due to covid.  I’m sure you know what you’re talking about and would genuinely like to know so I can apply it going forward.  If I’m leaving money on the table, I’d like to fix it.  Feel free to PM me

15 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Would really like both ends to click.

Imagine an offense like today combined with the stingy 2019 version of the DEF! 

True statement game

Well we had the 2019 version of the defense week 1, we dominated all facets of that game.  Week 2, we were missing 2 of our best players, both at LB, both who excel in coverage and shutting down middle of field.  Miami has a very good coaching staff now, I literally think the Dolphins have their own version of McD and Beane now and are about at the same spot we were during Allens rookie year.  Great staff, pieces being added each year, on their way up.  So that staff literally focused on exploiting the weakness of the D Sunday, and it worked as Gesicki had a career day because of it.  This put a ton more pressure on the DB's too, and allowed them to exploit and abuse Levi as well who struggled all day.  

So, we still have that stingy 2019 version of the defense, we have just never before been forced to play without our 2 stud LB's in the same game before, not to mention, Norman is going to be a clear upgrade over Levi.  

Speaking of Levi, I don't know what happened to him.  There was a stretch last year where he was our highest rated DB and playing great as teams tried to attack him and avoid Tre.  But as the season wore on, he got more inconsistent.  He is a guy that cn go out on a Sunday and have a great game, make great plays, etc...or he can go out and be a complete liability.  I don't understand what it is that makes him like that.  I know Milano and Edmunds being out didn't help at all, but still, he struggled a lot yesterday again.  

Hopefully he shakes it off and has a bounce back game.  Anyone know the status of Norman and if he has a shot to play Sunday?   

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well we had the 2019 version of the defense week 1, we dominated all facets of that game.  Week 2, we were missing 2 of our best players, both at LB, both who excel in coverage and shutting down middle of field.  Miami has a very good coaching staff now, I literally think the Dolphins have their own version of McD and Beane now and are about at the same spot we were during Allens rookie year.  Great staff, pieces being added each year, on their way up.  So that staff literally focused on exploiting the weakness of the D Sunday, and it worked as Gesicki had a career day because of it.  This put a ton more pressure on the DB's too, and allowed them to exploit and abuse Levi as well who struggled all day.  

So, we still have that stingy 2019 version of the defense, we have just never before been forced to play without our 2 stud LB's in the same game before, not to mention, Norman is going to be a clear upgrade over Levi.  

Speaking of Levi, I don't know what happened to him.  There was a stretch last year where he was our highest rated DB and playing great as teams tried to attack him and avoid Tre.  But as the season wore on, he got more inconsistent.  He is a guy that cn go out on a Sunday and have a great game, make great plays, etc...or he can go out and be a complete liability.  I don't understand what it is that makes him like that.  I know Milano and Edmunds being out didn't help at all, but still, he struggled a lot yesterday again.  

Hopefully he shakes it off and has a bounce back game.  Anyone know the status of Norman and if he has a shot to play Sunday?   

Norman is not eligible to play until week 4

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Covering big guys isn't Levi's forte. Fitz picked on him last year as well to some success.

• Like (+1) 2

We beat 1 playoff team last season in the Titans, and that didn't even count bc they had Mariota

if we wanna win the division we have to win these games. NE went into seattle and was a few yards away from beating them with Cam throwing almost 400 yards to no names. Patriots are a very good team this season