Need to trade for a pass rusher

I'm going to chalk this up to the humidity in Florida.  I don't necessarily disagree with what the OP has identified as a problem tho. 

The fans may have overestimated how good the DL is but the front office didnt that's why they drafted AJ.

I'm going to give it a few weeks before I'd start to call it a concern.  Right now on a scale of 1 not at all to 10 it's a crisis I think I'd say it's a 3.  

Our best pass rusher is over 30.  Addison has a ton of miles.  I didn't even see Murphy today.  Oliver has yet to "arrive."  Everyone else is just meh.  

• Like (+1) 1

It was crystal clear that we missed Milano and Edmunds—that combined with a brutal 3rd quarter reminiscent of SB XXV, where the Bills only ran something like 8 plays on offense, gassing us in the Miami heat/humidity, and there’s your defensive stumble right there. Let’s pump the brakes and see how we look next week on D against one of the NFL offensive gurus, but on our turf. 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re saying that we NEED to trade for a pass rusher.  

you act as if Milano and Edmunds we’re playing.  That’s why we gave up so many points today.  Plain and simple.  Dotson played a nice first half, but Frazier had to shade help differently today because our two best LBers weren’t there.  

one must also give Fitz a LOT of credit. He was throwing perfect passes out there today.  An absolute gem of a game he played imo

Fair points. To be honest,  I've been saying they need a pass rusher since before the draft. I'm not panicking and I'm not questioning the overall direction of the team. Just like Beane traded for Benjamin I think he should make a move now. I praised the move then even if it didn't work out in the long run. 

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Fair points. To be honest,  I've been saying they need a pass rusher since before the draft. I'm not panicking and I'm not questioning the overall direction of the team. Just like Beane traded for Benjamin I think he should make a move now. I praised the move then even if it didn't work out in the long run. 

Who though?  Which pass rushers are just available week 2 during the year of the injury. Teams are banged up.  Gonna have to pay a premium for something that we might not “need”.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This offense can make a deep playoff run. This defense lacks a pass rush and is average to below average in causing turnovers. 13th last year and only one turnover in 2 games so far. 

It's time for Beane to go all in and give up some draft capital for a pass rusher. There are several teams that have no future in 2020.  Find someone that can play a hybrid DE/OLB. 

I though Clowney would have been a play maker we should have gone harder after,  we need help

• Like (+1) 1

Fitzpatrick was pressured and  we sent blitzes 2 or 3 times in the whole game. Hughes and Addison,  along with Oliver should be enough. Remember,  Edmonds gets QB pressure too. A lot of their pass yardage came in 2 minute offense where they played prevent. Our defense should be good enough if Josh plays like he did the first 2 games. 

53 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Fitzpatrick was pressured and  we sent blitzes 2 or 3 times in the whole game. Hughes and Addison,  along with Oliver should be enough. Remember,  Edmonds gets QB pressure too. A lot of their pass yardage came in 2 minute offense where they played prevent. Our defense should be good enough if Josh plays like he did the first 2 games. 

Blitzes two or three times???? Cmon they sent extra guys multiple times. Poyer had a nice sack on a blitz call.

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

TJ Watt or Nick Bosa

I don't really want Nick Bosa right now.

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Pass rush wasn’t the problem today it was the coverage. Fitz was getting the bsll open quick and throwing it to the same spot a lot of the time. Sometimes I thought I was watching instant replay.

Linebackers were an issue today. Dodson made some nice plays but he got sucked in on play action a lot and the middle of the field was very very open.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Blitzes two or three times???? Cmon they sent extra guys multiple times. Poyer had a nice sack on a blitz call.

Didn't seem like they blitzed that much, you could be right.  Fitzpatrick looked like he was pressured and just barely got throws out into real tight coverage. Gesicki is a big play beast. Like to see how they game plan for Goff. I'm sure they will generate more pressure with Edmunds.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

McDermott's scheme doesn't run through the DEs. It runs through the MLB and CBs. We struggled today because we were missing starters at both positions. Hopefully Edmunds is back next week and Norman the following week.

Levi has always been our starter at the other CB position.