The Allen Leap: 70.4% Completion % and 122.9 Passer Rating through 2 games

57 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/09/20/week-2-takeaways-breakdown-dak-comeback-falcons-choke-josh-allen-fire

Josh Allen Is Ablaze: Last week was about dink-and-dunk, this week they opened things up and went after the Dolphins safeties, especially in the fourth quarter when Allen—with the exception of one miscommunication with John Brown that left a big play on the field (and was probably the quarterback’s fault)—was spectacular. He threw for 417 on 35 pass attempts and had four touchdowns with no turnovers, leading a fourth-quarter comeback with two touchdown drives in the final 10 minutes. The Jets and Dolphins (minus Bryon Jones) aren’t world-beaters, but Allen is sitting at 9.00 yards per attempt, a completion percentage over 70, and six touchdowns without an interception through two games. He'll miss some layups and people will get all worked up about it. But the stress he put on his first two opponents—due to his arm talent, legs and improved accuracy—has been overwhelming.

Monson is still... well... you decide...

but but but Miami's secondary is good and Josh will struggle with press man coverage  PFF losing credibility on this one

34 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

2 people started this exact topic 30 seconds apart and they were merged by the mods 

don’t like it report my post to the mods

They did?

They posted Allen’s Completion % and Passer Rating through 2 games?

Link?

You won't find the threadbuif they were merged but surely you'll easily find the posts with those updated stats.

From now on in order to calm the nerves of the wannabe mod in you I will instead just update the title with his new Completion percentage and passer rating after each game...

because we all gotta make sure you're happy

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

2 people started this exact topic 30 seconds apart and they were merged by the mods 

don’t like it report my post to the mods

Yawn... People are just celebrating having a damn good QB finally. Go be a negative Nancy elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh served some crow appetizers last year, but today, he served a feast.  

He did what great QBs are supposed to do against bad teams - kick the ***** out of them. 

It was the most complete performance of his career -  bring on the Rams! 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

2018: Allen isn’t even Tebow level QB, he’s inaccurate

2019: keep Allen in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm, he’s still inaccurate

2020: the teams Allen is beating with his arm suck, he’s still inaccurate

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm willing to say something today that, until today's performance, I was not fully convinced of.

Josh Allen is officially a franchise quarterback.

https://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Who-Knows_80e77.gif

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I love this. Today he was a QB. Not a running QB. Not an option QB. A pocket passer.

I have to assume that the Dolphins came with a game plan to stop Allen from running, there by exposing their secondary.  The bills spotted it and took advantage. 

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The other thread not good enough?

my bad. i did check before posting but missed your post. just was too excited i guess

Edit: I checked - I actually did post before you did - so it appears you are the one who posted without checking. But it is all good. Dont care. Just excited man.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

That and obviously targeted the Milano, Edmunds area all day and it worked.  This team will be better if they get these guys back.  That’s why I’m tabling being concerned about the Rams until we know definitively whether they are back.  I expect Milano, but just want some positive news by Wednesday on Milano.  I’m not worried about Milano not practicing as he’s been in this system for three years and knows it like the back of his hand.  He just needs rest and treatment.  The good news is Milano is still young and should heal faster than a Norman who it takes longer for guys over 30.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude is killing it.  Zero doubt about that.  These were the perfect preseason games.  Now, it’s big boy time.  If he comes close to this on Sunday, we have ourselves a real QB.

We have ourselves a qb. Most of us already knew that coming into the season while you were off squawking about how he never torched the mountain west, and we definitely know it now. but whatever.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, AirAllenPower said:

Dude please stop

Shut up.  Some of you dudes are psychos.  Allen wasn’t good enough as a passer last year and it was ok to doubt him.  He’s been awesome through 2 games and there are zero complaints.

why some of you are angry about them is so weird. I give props when they are deserved and Allen has been MVP level through 2 games.  I hope he keeps it up and we finally have a legit guy.  Be happy and stop acting like a groupie who discovered a band first.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

with 7 TDs and 2 Turnovers.

Were there missed throws?

Sure.

Should they detract from what the overarching national discussion should be about the Bills this week--that ALLEN HAS ARRIVED--no.

This was a truly great pocket passing performance. Allen didn't need his legs.

So excited about this guy with the weapons around him moving forward!

giphy.gif

missed throws happen. To expect perfect is silly.

right now he’s exhibiting all the physical tools, poise, solid reads etc...

it’s not broken plays, short fields, and dumb luck overcoming mediocre skill sets like we have sometimes seen.

now it’ll be a matter of doing it against good teams and with some consistency but it’s the right arc to be on. Not just the outcomes but how those are coming about which is the important part in forecasting progression.