Would like to thank the Cleveland Browns for this Bills team

4 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Let’s not forget them choosing Denzel Ward instead of Chubb made us not pay extra to trade up with Denver. So they helped us by taking the wrong QB and helped us by reaching for a CB. That reach made Denver stay at 5 and select Chubb, thus allowing the Bills to move up without using multiple firsts. 

we could have spent 15 years lamenting how we almost have Allen similar to the way we talked about almost having Big Ben. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Also thank them for choosing Hue Jackson over McDermott

Thank the Haslams for that.  The five Browns executives who supposedly had a say in the hire unanimously recommended McDermott. In a classically dysfunctional move the Haslams ignored them and chose Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Allen was too raw and had accuracy issues for the Browns with the first pick.The credit should go to Beane for seeing the trajectory of this physical freak who had big time leadership skills. Trading up saved our franchise. 

Credit to the whole Bills organization some of whom flew out in the Pegula plane to meet Josh before the draft & Beane & company who had Josh rated as the top QB in the draft.  After the Tyrod trade, Cleveland was in a better position to have Josh sit his rookie year than the Bills who had McCarron & Peterman as the 2 guys who Josh could sit behind.  As it turned out, even though the O-line & WRs were both among the worst in the NFL, I think playing as a rookie helped Josh's development.  For the record I'm in the camp that you can't ruin a QB by playing him.  I also believe that someone with Josh's mindset can't be discouraged by adversity.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Credit to the whole Bills organization some of whom flew out in the Pegula plane to meet Josh before the draft & Beane & company who had Josh rated as the top QB in the draft.  After the Tyrod trade, Cleveland was in a better position to have Josh sit his rookie year than the Bills who had McCarron & Peterman as the 2 guys who Josh could sit behind.  As it turned out, even though the O-line & WRs were both among the worst in the NFL, I think playing as a rookie helped Josh's development.  For the record I'm in the camp that you can't ruin a QB by playing him.  I also believe that someone with Josh's mindset can't be discouraged by adversity.  

Nice post. Have to agree. 

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I've always been curious to know if this was a legit report or your basic pre-draft nonsense

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/04/15/cleveland-browns-plan-draft-josh-allen-no-2-overall-2018-nfl-draft/#:~:text=Cleveland Browns ultimate plan to,in the 2018 NFL Draft

"In fact, many are reporting the Cleveland Browns actually prefer Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen. And if you believe the Giants truly covet Darnold it makes sense for Cleveland to entice them to trade up for their guy."

From what I recall there was serious talk about the Browns taking Allen with their #1 overall. I also recall someone (perhaps someone we all know) posting some Josh Allen racist derogatory tweets from 2012-2013 that created some controversy just hours before the draft. I do believe that this prompted the Browns to rethink drafting Allen with that #1. Allen had apologized saying he was young and dumb. 

On another note, the Bills wanted to move up to the #2 spot but the Giants were adamant about taking Barkley. The Bills had a trade pending with Denver at #5 provided Bradly Chubb was gone by then, and he wasn't. 

I also recall that around 95% of this board wanted the Bills to draft Josh Rosen and some said that they felt "gut punched" when the Bills drafted Allen. Many, many cried about drafting Allen.

Anyway, Beane and McD got their guy at #7 and also got Edmunds at #16. 

P.S. I sure hope the Pegula's give Beane a contract extension like they did with McD. 

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/04/15/cleveland-browns-plan-draft-josh-allen-no-2-overall-2018-nfl-draft/#:~:text=Cleveland Browns ultimate plan to,in the 2018 NFL Draft

"In fact, many are reporting the Cleveland Browns actually prefer Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen. And if you believe the Giants truly covet Darnold it makes sense for Cleveland to entice them to trade up for their guy."

From what I recall there was serious talk about the Browns taking Allen with their #1 overall. I also recall someone (perhaps someone we all know) posting some Josh Allen racist derogatory tweets from 2012-2013 that created some controversy just hours before the draft. I do believe that this prompted the Browns to rethink drafting Allen with that #1. Allen had apologized saying he was young and dumb. 

On another note, the Bills wanted to move up to the #2 spot but the Giants were adamant about taking Barkley. The Bills had a trade pending with Denver at #5 provided Bradly Chubb was gone by then, and he wasn't. 

I also recall that around 95% of this board wanted the Bills to draft Josh Rosen and some said that they felt "gut punched" when the Bills drafted Allen. Many, many cried about drafting Allen.

Anyway, Beane and McD got their guy at #7 and also got Edmunds at #16. 

P.S. I sure hope the Pegula's give Beane a contract extension like they did with McD. 

Chris Mortenson swears that there really where people in the Browns front office that wanted Allen but they ultimately went with the “splash” pick in Mayfield if you ever follow Mort on twitter he loves Allen 

6 hours ago, ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!! said:

I have been waiting for this day when everybody else figured out they picked the wrong quarterback and for once Buffalo picked the right one. This is a glorious day my friends enjoy 

Am looking forward to some long overdue love from Peter King’s FMIA column tomorrow mayhaps? 🧐🤓

2 hours ago, SDS said:

And Russell Wilson… And Patrick Mahomes…

what’s this you say? We could’ve had Mahomes?? How was this never discussed here? :w00t::flirt:

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Also thank them for choosing Hue Jackson over McDermott

I have to admit I was a hue Jackson fan cause of how he turned the Raiders around with Campbell and Palmer as his QBs. I thought he got a raw deal being fired from Oakland at the time but after watching him in Cleveland it made me realize that the semi good year he had in Oakland was a farce, might be the worst HC in NFL history besides Cam Cameron and Chan Gailey 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

David Carr disagrees with you.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I have to admit I was a hue Jackson fan cause of how he turned the Raiders around with Campbell and Palmer as his QBs. I thought he got a raw deal being fired from Oakland at the time but after watching him in Cleveland it made me realize that the semi good year he had in Oakland was a farce, might be the worst HC in NFL history besides Cam Cameron and Chan Gailey 

Rich Kotite, period.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

I've always been curious to know if this was a legit report or your basic pre-draft nonsense

Supposedly there were no discussions.  The GM asked every scout and coach to tell him who the best QB was in writing.  They were not allowed to talk to each other.  The news of who they were going to draft didn't hit until close to the draft.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You saw AJ Green, right? He was moving like the tin man. AJ Green of old he is not 

Ward dealt with some concussion issues his rookie year and there’s little doubt that he was making business decisions on the field later in that season, but he’s a top 10 CB in the league when healthy.  So far so good on that this year.  I was one of the few who thought he was on par with Chubb in the draft and that either was a sound choice. I stand by that.  

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Ward dealt with some concussion issues his rookie year and there’s little doubt that he was making business decisions on the field later in that season, but he’s a top 10 CB in the league when healthy.  So far so good on that this year.  I was one of the few who thought he was on par with Chubb in the draft and that either was a sound choice. I stand by that.  

Hmm. I don't agree that he is top 10. Top 15.... yea I could get there. I don't think he is a top 10 corner. I stand by that too.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Thank the Haslams for that.  The five Browns executives who supposedly had a say in the hire unanimously recommended McDermott. In a classically dysfunctional move the Haslams ignored them and chose Jackson.

I did not know that....thanks Browns!

• Like (+1) 1