Josh Allen Hasn't thrown for 500 yards!

The record is 554 yards by Norm Van Brocklin on 9/28/1951.  There have been 18 qbs to throw for 500 yards, 16 of them only once and then Drew Brees has done it twice and Ben Roethlisberger has done it 3 times.  Some of the odd names I saw on the list include Matt Schaub, Vince Ferragamo and Elvis Grbac.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I had to look it up and I was truly surprised that Jim Kelly only had two 400+ yards games. The Cleveland playoff loss and the epic SF game against Steve Young. Crazy!

CONGRATS JOSH!!! AWESOME PERFORMANCE TODAY!!

It doesn't really surprise me, that was a different era of football that values the RB position and running the ball.

Kelly had Thuirman and a running game to move the ball. If your throwing for 400+ yards (without OT) your probably not running the ball much at all

46 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol what is the highest? 550ish? 

Norm Van Brocklin in  1951threw for 554

No wonder why...he was playing the Yankees ;)

It shouldn't count ;)

Edited by JMF2006
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hey! Some of you guys need to get over here and help move goal posts...

Josh Rosen would be throwing for 400-500 every week if he was drafted onto a good team. The Cards o-line was terrible. And despite what Fitz has done, the Dolphins o-line was no better. Rosen was the most NFL ready QB during our lifetime and he was denied his birthright.