Josh Allen - week TWO report card

rayray808

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

24/35 completion - 417 yards, 4 TDs - O INT 0 fumbles - 18 yards rushing

I will keep this one simple and to the point. I am 38 years old and this is the best performance by a Bills QB that I can remember. Here are some stand out moments to me:

1) His 16 yard rush where he actually slid to protect himself. I was so happy I even texted my buddy about it.

2) The missed TD throw late to Brown, it seemed he got on the same page with him and found it a few plays later.

3) For once, our offense took on the task of winning the game for us. It was always the defense bailing us out, but perhaps we finally got to the level where we can relieve some pressure from our defense and win a shoot out.

4) "Squeaky wheel" management - I doubt our team culture has/will have an issue but I liked how he distributed the ball to our WRs:

- Diggs - 8 catches 153 yards TD

- Smoke - 4 catches 82 yards TD

- Beez - 5 catches 70 yards

My main question after this game: will the national narrative change on Josh Allen? Will he finally get the credit he deserves?

GO BILLS!

**fun fact: Josh Allen is the first player in Bills history with 400 passing yards, 4 TDs and 0 INTs in a game!

• Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

24/35 completion - 417 yards, 4 TDs - O INT 0 fumbles - 18 yards rushing

I will keep this one simple and to the point. I am 38 years old and this is the best performance by a Bills QB that I can remember. Here are some stand out moments to me:

1) His 16 yard rush where he actually slid to protect himself. I was so happy I even texted my buddy about it.

2) The missed TD throw late to Brown, it seemed he got on the same page with him and found it a few plays later.

3) For once, our offense took on the task of winning the game for us. It was always the defense bailing us out, but perhaps we finally got to the level where we can relieve some pressure from our defense and win a shoot out.

4) "Squeaky wheel" management - I doubt our team culture has/will have an issue but I liked how he distributed the ball to our WRs:

- Diggs - 8 catches 153 yards TD

- Smoke - 4 catches 82 yards TD

- Beez - 5 catches 70 yards

My main question after this game: will the national narrative change on Josh Allen? Will he finally get the credit he deserves?

GO BILLS!

**fun fact: Josh Allen is the first player in Bills history with 400 passing yards, 4 TDs and 0 INTs in a game!

Another fun fact: Allen is the 4th QB in NFL history to throw for 700+ yards with 6+ TDs and no INTs in the first 2 weeks of the season. The other 3? Manning, Brady and Mahomes.

Pretty good company to be in.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

I think it was the very next play. You could see Allen motioning to go up the field and talking to Brown in the huddle. Reading lips I think it was something like "Smoke baby, you're supposed to go after that first move. Try it again, it'll totally work!" *

* I may be taking liberties with the interpretation

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

147 QB rating??? Bust

But......if you could trade even up for the “Other Josh”.  🤷‍♂️

I kid!!! 

I may have had a beverage earlier.  His performance was worthy of celebration! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1