Next 4 games are toooooooough

bills6969

On 9/21/2020 at 9:08 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm looking for at least 1 win. Let's not overreact to losses over these 4 weeks. They might go 0-4. 

Man set your standards higher! :)

AS of right now the next 4 teams have a 8-0 combined record. Hoping we can split at this phase. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not worried about the opposition.

Just worried about the opposition that is the Rams this week. That is all.

And if Allen has truly turned the corner and has become a franchise QB, the opposition really doesn't matter.

And I believe Allen is on his way to being a mega-star. I hope I am right. 😁😀

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2020 at 4:09 PM, Rew said:

Win 2 and we're still a wildcard team.  Win 3 or 4 and we're actually there.

split and we are 4-2 and undefeated in the division 

i think that’s better than “still a wildcard”

on pace for 10-11 wins would be easily pushing for the division if not winning it outright

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea 3-1 is best case scenario, IMO.

2-2 they are fine. 1-3 is no good. 0-4 would be a disaster. 

yup - 

2-2 with good outings at least 3 of the 4 weeks and its all good. You are bound to have a flat game or some bad bounces or play a hot team some weeks. 

just can’t see it be the norm against teams not in contention for top 5 picks.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If they got 0-4 they aren't making the playoffs. A good team will at least split these next 4.

We're realistically looking at 5-3 or 4-4 at the midway point. It's going to be a Rollercoaster the rest of the way. 9-7 can win the AFC East this year. Bills could be a very good battle tested 9-7 and hosting a playoff game.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They will likely be underdogs in 3 out of the next 4, so yeah it's real. I want at least 1 win, but we can't overreact to 0-4.

10 of next 14 games are basically playoff caliber games. 

A team that goes 0-4 in this stretch is not a good team. We arent facing the Ravens, Hawks, Packer, Chiefs. 

2/4 of the teams we play didnt even make the playoffs last yr. i get its a new year but 0-4 against these next 4 opponents would be a complete disaster. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/21/2020 at 8:18 PM, TigerJ said:

The Rams game is at home.  That helps.  It's as hard for West Coast teams to travel cross country than it is for teams in the east to travel west, but then The Raiders game is in Las Vegas.  The good news is that game will be in air conditioned comfort.

The Rams did travel to Philly last week and beat up on them.   I agree it is hard for a team to back b2b travel across the coast and come out victors.   

My worry is more about the hype.  Last year the game against the Patriots (same week 3) after a 2-0 start was hyped up so much and Josh had a very poor game trying to do beyond what he should have been doing and we lost in front of the national media.

5 hours ago, NoSaint said:

split and we are 4-2 and undefeated in the division 

i think that’s better than “still a wildcard”

on pace for 10-11 wins would be easily pushing for the division if not winning it outright

we can win the division if we took care of business within the division by going 6-0.  Tall order, but that is the first order of busiiness...then they manufacture 4 other wins in the remaining ten games..  at least that should be the mindset.

On 9/20/2020 at 5:10 PM, sodbuster said:

Assuming we get healthy at LB, I feel pretty good about the Rams coming east for a 1:00 game, and the Raiders game.

Don't. Under McVeay I think I heard the Rams have a 5-1 record coming east like that. Scratch that. I see you said assuming we are healthy at LB. Win. 😁

On 9/21/2020 at 5:56 AM, GunnerBill said:

He makes $6m but his cap hit is nearly $10m. I don't mind him being here on an all in team and the Bills seem to be all in. But his is nowhere near worth what he is being paid and the Bills could have saved $8m. I truly believe he was on the bubble for that reason at the start of camp but everyone seems to agree he had a great camp so he earned his spot. He is overpaid though.

With a 10 Mil cap hit, could have just kept Lawson (10.3 M this year)

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

It would be nice to give the Raiders their first loss at their shiny new place. 

I may be wrong but didn't we do this to both the Falcons and Vikings? 

I must say I'm really looking forward to these next four games. We've had the fishy starters now it's time for the main course. Let's eat and be merry. 

Sunday's game has been selected as the live 6pm (1pm for you guys) Sky Sports game over here. A sign we're doing ok.