Next 4 games are toooooooough

bills6969

Its nice to get some tougher competition after a couple of tune up games.

If Edmunds and Milano can recover in time to play I think the Bills can win 3 of 4.

Good teams find ways to win these games...I guess we find out how good they are :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I don't hate any player,  just think we could do better at his salary.  Looks and sounds like a great person,  but if cannot make plays that is not going to help us win.

The guy is a rotational sub and makes 6m which isn't totally unreasonable in the 4th year of a contract.

If it makes you feel any better this is probably his last year.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Hopefully we get Edmunds and Milano back next week and Josh Norman the week after.

I was thinking the same.  Without any inside info., given Edmunds was limited, but practicing Tr, and F, I expect him to play against the Rams.  I’m hopeful on Milano and maybe by the Titans we get Norman.  If we get Edmunds and Milano against the Rams, we should be fine.  Fitzy’s main production was over the middle where Milano and Edmunds cover that up.

I don’t see the Raiders as tough, but the other three are good opponents.  After the Chiefs, we get a second bye with the Jets again.  It’s basically when Gase should get fired as probably 0-6.  Here comes Trevor Lawrence to the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not as hopeful with Milano’s hammy. Sadly, he has a ‘history’. But I agree and am hopeful of Edmunds’ wingspan in Pass D. 

A lot of talk about getting Milano inked to a 2nd contract, but the till is near empty, next years’ cap could be highly detrimental to ‘the plan’ and <cliche time> the best ability is ... well, you know..

The whole schedule is a major step up from last year. One thing today showed, Edmunds and Milano are key cogs in this defense. Without them we are going to have to win shootouts on a weekly basis. Allen has taken a major step forward and the kid is on fire right now, but I still get nervous thinking about having to win shootouts against teams like the Chiefs. I think we can hang with anyone in the NFL, I just like our chances better with our starting LB group on the field. 

12 hours ago, sodbuster said:

Assuming we get healthy at LB, I feel pretty good about the Rams coming east for a 1:00 game, and the Raiders game.

They didn't seem to have any trouble today.  We need our LB's back and it's a shame we can't have fans to make life difficult for Goff.

Edited by Doc Brown

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m not as hopeful with Milano’s hammy. Sadly, he has a ‘history’. But I agree and am hopeful of Edmunds’ wingspan in Pass D. 

A lot of talk about getting Milano inked to a 2nd contract, but the till is near empty, next years’ cap could be highly detrimental to ‘the plan’ and <cliche time> the best ability is ... well, you know..

yeah, I know.  Right now we only have $3.5 mil. in space and as much as Murphy had a nice game against the Jets, I suspect everyone will have a nice game against the Jets.  I understand Murphy’s is depth, but if we are being honest about it, did we need Murphy in there or if we cut him, would we need Milano more.  Milano with having $11.5 mil. In space could have been done.  It’s too late now so we ride with what we have this year.  Funny how you appreciate that much more Milano when you see him out and the drop off in the middle of the field to his side.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

The guy is a rotational sub and makes 6m which isn't totally unreasonable in the 4th year of a contract.

If it makes you feel any better this is probably his last year.

He makes $6m but his cap hit is nearly $10m. I don't mind him being here on an all in team and the Bills seem to be all in. But his is nowhere near worth what he is being paid and the Bills could have saved $8m. I truly believe he was on the bubble for that reason at the start of camp but everyone seems to agree he had a great camp so he earned his spot. He is overpaid though.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Chargers, 49ers, Broncos should be three of those five. Beat the Raiders and then the path to10 and 6 or 11 and 5 is there.  

Yea I always reject the "it is impossible to evaluate schedules before the season." Nonsense. It is possible to work out who is good and who is bad. A blind rat could tell you the Cardinals were primed for a big step forward. You didn't need a genius to tell you the 7 win Jets of a year ago might be lucky to win 4 this time around. It really isn't that hard.

However..... there are always unforeseen things and half the 49ers roster going on to IR is one of them. Deebo Samuel, Richard Sherman, Nick Bosa and Soloman Thomas are on or headed to IR, Jimmy G maybe following them and Dee Ford has been dinged up too. That is their QB, their best receiver, their best corner and three studs on the best unit of the team. Hard to come back from that.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Rams

@Raiders 

@Titans

Chiefs

yikes.  Need to get at least 2 in this stretch.

We will see what the team, and particularly Josh, really are after those games.  He looked very good for the most part in the first two games, but against 2 dumpster fire teams.

Josh made some touch passes in both of those games that he would not have even tried in previous years, and with Diggs on the roster he has multiple receivers that can catch them. If he plays as well in the next 4 as he has in the first 2, the Bills really may have something this season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

15 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I don't hate any player,  just think we could do better at his salary.  Looks and sounds like a great person,  but if cannot make plays that is not going to help us win.

his salary, his salary, what ever shall we do...,  luckily those that make the decisions stated it is a fan/ media issue and not an issue for the teams decision makers. Give the salary red herring a rest already. 

16 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Rams

@Raiders 

@Titans

Chiefs

yikes.  Need to get at least 2 in this stretch.

B.I.L.L.I.E.V.E  !!!!!

31 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

We will see what the team, and particularly Josh, really are after those games.  He looked very good for the most part in the first two games, but against 2 dumpster fire teams.

Josh made some touch passes in both of those games that he would not have even tried in previous years, and with Diggs on the roster he has multiple receivers that can catch them. If he plays as well in the next 4 as he has in the first 2, the Bills really may have something this season.

All I want is  for McDermott and Daboll to reign him next Sunday because we are playing a bigger opponent.  This is what they did last year on both the Patriot games and we played not to lose.   That is never a good recipe against good teams.

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I like them against the Rams next week if Edmunds and Milano back..

Raiders are beatable 

The Rams game is at home.  That helps.  It's as hard for West Coast teams to travel cross country than it is for teams in the east to travel west, but then The Raiders game is in Las Vegas.  The good news is that game will be in air conditioned comfort.