The Offense carried the Defense

BBills88

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Allen carried the team, without a doubt. 

...But that bomb to Brown could have been thrown a couple yards further;)

Agreed.  I started looking at free agent QB’s after that pass 

• Haha (+1) 1

Edmunds and Milano are kind of important to this defense.  Hopefully Edmunds can come back next week or it will be all down the middle for the Rams.  Josh played a great game and the offense carried the team for a change.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1

I am a little worried about the D, but:

- This isn't the first time Fitz has done this to us

- Fitz knows the middle of our field was not dressed today, and knows exactly how to attack that

- It was ***** hot
- It was ***** hot for a long ***** time

Get healthy, regroup, and tighten up. 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

This was good to see the offense finally carried the defense in a game. 

This is exactly what I thought when the final seconds ticked off.  

Our offense has done enough to get us into the playoffs 2 of the past 3 seasons.  But just enough.  The defense has carried the yeoman's share of the load.  And without a more productive offense, playoff success was going to remain elusive.  

I would have preferred a 31-0 final score instead of 31-28.  But it was really fun to see the offense deliver a victory on a day that our defense - hindered by injuries - played a subpar game.  

11 minutes ago, arcane said:

I am a little worried about the D, but:

- This isn't the first time Fitz has done this to us

- Fitz knows the middle of our field was not dressed today, and knows exactly how to attack that

I hear you, arcane, but I'm a little less worried. Bills' defense could have been stouter, but you also have to tip your cap to ol' Fitz. He made some sick throws, including absolute darts into tight coverage. And that kid Gesicki is really tough ...  There will be some ragging on Levi Wallace this week, but he had very tight coverage on almost all those contested receptions.

• Like (+1) 1