Josh Allen 24 of 35, 417 yards, 4 TD,  147 Rating 68.57% completion rate. 

IgotBILLStopay

In years past I would never draft Bills payers in fantasy. Partly because of the homer comments and partly because very few were statistically good due to the teams lack of success and troubles at QB. Every once in a while I might pick up their D or their RB, but certainly not one of their WRs or QB.

Its 2020. I didn't expect to be watching football. I also didn't expect to be in a fantasy league. I drafted Allen and Diggs. Being excited about the Bills winning AND fantasy football success normally don't go together, but hot damn.

Unrelated but crazy; Matt Ryan has similar stats as Allen in the first two weeks. 700+ yards and 6 TDs. The Falcons are 0-2.

Edited by Westside Madness
  • Like (+1) 1

Jackson and Allen are carrying this draft QB class.

Baltimore's defense is helping Lamar a bit more at this point in their game with the Texans than our D was, but Lamar is growing his ability to climb the pocket and throw accurately.

I was completely wrong about Jackson - figured when defenses got better at hemming him in the pocket he would take a step back, but he is growing his game buying time in the pocket, finding throwing lanes, and throwing accurate passes.

Been dumped a few times, but Texans have a good d-line.

Like watching these two QBs grow, and have to give props to Roman as Baltimore was just in some kind of diamond something offensive formation... just fun to watch how creative he is with linemen, TE's, and RBs finding ways to isolate blocking and create seems.

• Like (+1) 2

Incredible day for JA. So great to see a Bills QB rack up the numbers like this, been way too long. 

Some of the throws he made today were ridiculous. Everything down the field, I think his YPA was 17.9 or something. Crazy. 

For the second straight season, he displays growth and improvement in an area considered a weakness. After his rookie year, they said he couldn't throw the short/intermediate stuff. Comes out in '19 and shows marked improvement in that area. But struggled with the long ball and touch on certain passes. Two games into 2020 and he's shown fantastic improvement in that area. To see that type of progress is definitely promising. 

The best part about today's game for me was just watching him have total command of the offense. He's recognizing coverages better, he doesn't look to bail out of the pocket at the first sign of trouble, and he's got the confidence and swagger to try any throw. He dropped some dimes today, wasn't reckless, didn't force anything, but didn't shy away either. Hope it keeps rolling for him. Love it. 

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Meanwhile, even Jets fans are admitting he's legit (I knew one of them would have started a thread about him)

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/154249-josh-allen-2435-417-4tds/

Thanks for the link.  Some of the Jets fans seem surprisingly knowledgeable.  

Right now I'm grateful that I'm a Bills - not a Jets- fan.  Feel sorry for those guys.  

10 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

Josh was truly amazing today, but Diggs was also.  He made some catches that were spectacular.

We saw other receivers make plays like we are seeing now for years. I think for the Bills in the past it's been a combination of a QB not willing to make the throw and receivers not good enough to consistently attack the ball.