Josh Allen 24 of 35, 417 yards, 4 TD,  147 Rating 68.57% completion rate. 

IgotBILLStopay

18 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Now I want to see him be good two games in a row, be clutch, throw a good deep ball, show some touch, and not turn it over. Only then will I be impressed. 

You missed week 1? Why even talk if you didnt even know this is his second week in a row?

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

700 yards in the first two games with no interceptions.     He has already put together two great games that are personal bests.  He could have 5 such games in a row and you or the other hand ringers would find something to complain about.

It is said that you can not enjoy the best team the Bills have put together in a generation.   Just take a deep breath, relax, and jump on the bandwagon. 

Sarcasm. He did all of those things. 

• Like (+1) 1

Picking Josh in the draft where he was picked was a big time gamble.  Allen had measurables any NFL coach would die for, but he had a background that declared he would need significant time to develop, and the more time it takes for development, the greater the odds that it never happens.  This is not a criticism of Brandon Beane.  There are times when an NFL GM has to make a gamble if he wants to give his team a chance for greatness.  The two seasons it took for Josh Allen to develop (actually less than that because part of that time he didn't start) was less than some thought it might take.  Now, Allen has arrived, Beane looks like a genius and we have entered what could be a new golden age for the Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

700 yards in the first two games with no interceptions.     He has already put together two great games that are personal bests.  He could have 5 such games in a row and you or the other hand ringers would find something to complain about.

It is said that you can not enjoy the best team the Bills have put together in a generation.   Just take a deep breath, relax, and jump on the bandwagon. 

I think you missed KtD’s intent.

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You missed week 1? Why even talk if you didnt even know this is his second week in a row?

Ditto

32 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He missed one deep throw today, and it was miscommunication. 

That’s right, only one.  Just amazing his progression there 

Yes, and while I haven't seen the replay other than in-game, it looked to me like it might have been the same route on the next play...only this time, instead of continuing across the field, Smoke cuts up the way Josh wanted him to the first time.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Me too. 

It was the perfect place to throw it. The only person who had a shot was Gabe. But it was a 20/80 chance. Incredible catch.

Agreed, just saying Allen also made excellent play in pocket to extend play and put the ball in the only place Davis had a shot.  Just amazing play from both players.  I am loving Davis potential 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Was that the OT game against the Vikes? I still remember tearing my hair out during that game. Can't believe it was 18 years ago!

the OT game we won and Bledsoe actually had 463 yards there. Bledsoe did have more than 400 yds in that game - so your memory cells are still doing fin (i had to look these up)

a few weeks later we lost to the Raiders with Bledsoe having 417 yards.

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

I am so glad I was wrong on hating this pick.  I wanted Mayfield and then Rosen. 

The two guys I DIDN'T want were Allen and Jackson. But I got on board with Allen pretty quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Picking Josh in the draft where he was picked was a big time gamble.  Allen had measurables any NFL coach would die for, but he had a background that declared he would need significant time to develop, and the more time it takes for development, the greater the odds that it never happens.  This is not a criticism of Brandon Beane.  There are times when an NFL GM has to make a gamble if he wants to give his team a chance for greatness.  The two seasons it took for Josh Allen to develop (actually less than that because part of that time he didn't start) was less than some thought it might take.  Now, Allen has arrived, Beane looks like a genius and we have entered what could be a new golden age for the Bills!

I think it was seen as a gamble because so many people thought it was based on arm strength. Kind of like when Russell was drafted number one and people were creaming about him throwing it through the uprights from the 50 on one knee.

I believe the biggest reason they drafted him was his attitude and confidence. You could see it in the guy from the moment he hurdled the Vikings linebacker in his second game. You could see it again today when their backs were against the wall and he just launches one down the field like it was the first play of the game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Now I want to see him be good two games in a row, be clutch, throw a good deep ball, show some touch, and not turn it over. Only then will I be impressed. 

And go over 70% both games ....  wat - only 68? ah crap, bust

3 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

the OT game we won and Bledsoe actually had 463 yards there. Bledsoe did have more than 400 yds in that game - so your memory cells are still doing fin (i had to look these up)

a few weeks later we lost to the Raiders with Bledsoe having 417 yards.

Ah, I can't remember much from the Raiders game. The Vikes game is etched in my memory because I was so hyped up when Price scored the winner