Week 2 Bills @ Dolphins Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Don't forget to mention that near-impossible TD catch by Gabriel Davis. That was a true, A+ highlight-reel grab, out of a 4th round, rookie receiver. 

I said in the game thread that was one of the best catches I've ever seen.  When it happened live every person I was watching with said "Oh - no catch, it bounced"   Watching it in slo mo - just an unbelievable play

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I said in the game thread that was one of the best catches I've ever seen.  When it happened live every person I was watching with said "Oh - no catch, it bounced"   Watching it in slo mo - just an unbelievable play

Been watching Davis since he was at UCF, the dude can ball. Great pick in the 4th round.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I also do want to say this: Keep your eye on the Dolphins next year. They still have too many holes this year to compete (IMHO) but they finally seem to have ownership and a coach that are doing what McDermott and Beane are doing on our end. 

I desperately hope they do their typically "big flashy free agency signing that puts them in cap hell" mode, but it's notable to see a difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

What’d ya think?

I think if he keeps this up, he's got a lot of shekels coming his way in the near future.

Awesome to see Josh and this offense win one for the defense for a change. The margin for error is much greater now.

23 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

McDermott: "A lot of defensive coaches like winning 11-9 and having no hair. I don't like winning 11-9."

So he likes having no hair? 😉

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'll happily eat some crow about that as well. I remember cheering at "Josh" and yelling "Nooooo!" at Allen.

I was wrong. Very wrong. He's coming along slow and steady, and the scary thing is that he still has room to grow. 

It's tough to project ceilings without getting into hyperbole. Just on individual attributes: Arm like Jeff George? Runs like Tim Tebow? Competitive as Brett Favre? Tough as Jim Kelly? Roger Staubach type leader of men? Clutch gene like Terry Bradshaw?

None of those sound like an unreasonable upside based on what we've already seen. If the decision-making and defense reading continue to progress to a Bernie Kosar or Chad Pennington level, what can a defense do about that? Throwing darts, throwing rainbows, taking the top off the defense, running for first downs. What does a defense do about a mutliple threat like that?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Schopp be like:

giphy.gif

You’re guys problem is you actually listen to this tool.  They are idiots.  I don’t mind the morning guys, nor even the OBL guys although I know a lot of you don’t.  I have a medical prescription for you from 3-6pm M-F.  “Jim and Oat, it’s always good to be on Movin the Chains”.

I refuse to listen to those tools on WGR in the afternoon.  They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and make arses of themselves, but even worse, they are cosmic to their customers (the callers).  Why listen or even or worse call those baffoons?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cDAVIS said:

Allen was incredible and his deep ball accuracy was great. Defense was pretty awful. What a difference from last year. Diggs is TOUGH. We need a new CB #2. Defensive coaching has to be able to adjust. Hope Moss is Okay.

You know that we were missing 3 linebackers today, right?  I'm guessing we'll be better when they return.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You’re guys problem is you actually listen to this tool.  They are idiots.  I don’t mind the morning guys, nor even the OBL guys although I know a lot of you don’t.  I have a medical prescription for you from 3-6pm M-F.  “Jim and Oat, it’s always good to be on Movin the Chains”.

I refuse to listen to those tools on WGR in the afternoon.  They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and make arses of themselves, but even worse, they are cosmic to their customers (the callers).  Why listen or even or worse call those baffoons?

Actually, I don't listen to Schopp. I read about the comments he makes, and those alone are sufficient fodder for me to make this claim. 

When *poo* smells bad enough, you don't need to stand in it to know it's no good....

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1