Week 2 Bills @ Dolphins Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think we can say that we have the first game when Josh put the team on his back and carried them to victory

Last year he had 4  4th Quarter comebacks to victory .   Josh has put this team on his back several times before. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, ganesh said:

Last year he had 4  4th Quarter comebacks to victory .   Josh has put this team on his back several times before. 

Fair enough, but you could argue that the defense had kept it close. This was one where the D desperately needed help, and Josh was easily the best player on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Daboll and Allen won this game.

Davis made one of the finest catches in the last 20 years. Diggs is absolutely amazing. 

Moss may be a downgrade from Gore. Way too slow for NFL. Tight end still sucks for Bills. 

McD will lose a game this year with poor coaching decisions. 

Moss it feels like he's suffering from some rookie tentativeness. Not for nothing but Singletary had great vet leadership in Gore in his first season. I think Moss will get on track as we go...not that thrilled with calling his number on that late 3rd down play though.

8 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Diggs is so good. Allen has a go to guy on every clutch play. Love it.

Ironically, as good as Diggs was - the two missed passes that Josh haters want to use as "inaccurate" were arguably on Diggs

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Fair enough, but you could argue that the defense had kept it close. This was one where the D desperately needed help, and Josh was easily the best player on the team.

True.  He and offense were outstanding in Dallas last year.  

Just now, stevewin said:

Ironically, as good as Diggs was - the two missed passes that Josh haters want to use as "inaccurate" were arguably on Diggs

Miscommunication/ lack of chemistry between the 2. It will get better, and I’m sure Diggs loves being targeted 13 times a game.

We needed Frazier to make some adjustments with how our corners (Wallace in particular) were playing Miami's receivers. In a game where it was clear they were using timing routes and slants to get the ball out of Fitz's hands quickly and work the weak area in the middle where we have two linebackers not named Milano and Edmunds, our corners needed to jam and press their receivers and not allow them to cleanly release. Every time I looked Wallace was taking an outside leverage 5-8 yards deep against his receivers and they were eating that up.

MIami's TE is real - even getting it done in tight coverage. We need a TE like that and have not had a really good one for a long time...Clay was good but hurt a lot - missing time and never was quite able to sustain the great level of play. After that I just have nightmares of Friggin Lonnie doing the Billsy thing and getting blown up by a safety while pointing at a jumbo tron after a great long catch when he forgot defenses have 11 players.

My patience with Knox is pretty close to done and I am a pretty patient dude. Wish him a speedy recovery, but hope we see something from the next man up to play TE.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Knox concussion. Didn’t enjoy seeing Tyler Kraft in there today.

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Knox was knocked out of the game with a concussion. 

Ok sure. Forgot about that. But in a week where Bosa, Saquon, Run CMC, Mostert, etc etc all left and some had their seasons end, you gotta be thankful we are staying relatively healthy so far. Lack of camp is really showing across the league.