[Mod edited] Did any players test Covid positive this week?

DBilz2500

This is from 16 September so Tuesday.  7 positive cases as of last Saturday.

https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-positive-cases-in-latest-round-of-nfl-nflpa-covid-19-testing

I couldn't find the info you seek; someone better at searching might be able to do so, or maybe they're just not making it available until after Sunday.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-positive-cases-in-latest-round-of-nfl-nflpa-covid-19-testing

I couldn't find the info you seek; someone better at searching might be able to do so, or maybe they're just not making it available until after Sunday.

When do they disclose the pre-game Sunday numbers so we know if anybody has to sit out 

I had wondered the same thing - if we might see a bump after teams came together and played. I imagine if something had happened we would know at this point? 

5 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

When do they disclose the pre-game Sunday numbers so we know if anybody has to sit out 

They test Saturday morning for the Sunday game... no idea if they have to disclose it before game time, though it seems like this stuff has been coming out pretty much immediately so I would have expected to hear yesterday if anything had happened. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I had wondered the same thing - if we might see a bump after teams came together and played. I imagine if something had happened we would know at this point? 

They test Saturday morning for the Sunday game... no idea if they have to disclose it before game time, though it seems like this stuff has been coming out pretty much immediately so I would have expected to hear yesterday if anything had happened. 

It’s pretty amazing how almost zero players and all staff members through all of training camp and now into week 2 have not tested positive for Covid. Are the NFL protocols resally that incredibly effective? I’m certainly not complaining just really impressed 

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Can you imagine if a high profile QB tested positive a couple days before the Super Bowl? Does anyone really believe he’d be forced to sit out the game?

No way especially if he’s showing no symptoms and feels perfectly fine just like most people do who get it. I could definitely see that positive test turning into a “false positive” real quick 😂

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

It’s pretty amazing how almost zero players and all staff members through all of training camp and now into week 2 have not tested positive for Covid. Are the NFL protocols resally that incredibly effective? I’m certainly not complaining just really impressed 

It's possible that these guys want to play football and they're keeping it real - that the NFL did a good job in identifying the riskier behaviors and communicating.  Most of them have about $20,000/week reasons to keep it real.

Cornell has been testing 5,000 people a day - 30,000/week.  Every student in Ithaca (online or in person) is being tested 2x week.  They had 8 positives in the last week, 4 days with 0.  College students.  The kids apparently don't want to go online.  Positive rate 0.02%.  It's possible if the right precautions are in place and followed.

Hoping WNY will get on board so we could have some fans at the game!

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

12 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Can you imagine if a high profile QB tested positive a couple days before the Super Bowl? Does anyone really believe he’d be forced to sit out the game?

If that happened, I'd expect a second test would be done. Maybe a third. You know, best two out of three?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

let him manage his own fantasy football team

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's possible that these guys want to play football and they're keeping it real - that the NFL did a good job in identifying the riskier behaviors and communicating.  Most of them have about $20,000/week reasons to keep it real.

Cornell has been testing 5,000 people a day - 30,000/week.  Every student in Ithaca (online or in person) is being tested 2x week.  They had 8 positives in the last week, 4 days with 0.  College students.  The kids apparently don't want to go online.  Positive rate 0.02%.  It's possible if the right precautions are in place and followed.

Hoping WNY will get on board so we could have some fans at the game!

ithaca also had very low numbers to start so if they tested coming into campus it makes sense it’ll stay low.

long story short- I don’t think the student behavior is impeccable so much as covid just isn’t in the community at the moment. The nfl is a different beast.

Edited by NoSaint

51 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

I think the NFL like many businesses in the country have done a very good job of having practices that keep people isolated as much as possible, for the NFL, having players eating lunch outside and in larger more spread out areas, larger meeting rooms, etc. 

Where most of the cases are coming from these days are there days are people living in rather unavoidable tight quarters, nursing homes, jails, etc.  The other big area today are from people ignoring rules and not worrying at all about catching it so going to mass gatherings, mostly college kids and people under 35.

Aside from the incentives anyone might have for taking actions to avoid contracting the virus, players and coaches in the NFL have additional very strong incentive. No one wants to miss 2-3 weeks of the season due to testing positive, let alone give it to teammates and severely hurt the team.  My hope is they are all taking it to heart and being very careful.