What defensive wrinkles might the Bills use with 2 starting LB's out?

Read the posts in this thread and what stands out is the part of the defense that no one is talking about - the front five.   

The Bills clearly will be weaker in the back seven - can't lose Milano and Edmunds without losing some talent, some speed and some savvy.  In the back 7, Bills will do all the things people are talking about here.  They'll use their usual sets and defenses and they'll add some wrinkles.  There will be six DBs on the field more often than we've seen in the past.  There will a variety of things.

But the key will be the front 4-5.  Solid run defense and consistent pressure on Fitz is what will minimize the damage suffered by losing the two linebackers.  

Im glad Edmunds and Milano are out. 

Miami is not a good team. 

I want to believe the Bills have the talent to make the AFC Championship. 

If the Bills can’t overcome Milano and Edmunds absence today, they’re not AFC championship worthy....

This game shouldn’t be close. 

31 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Im glad Edmunds and Milano are out. 

Miami is not a good team. 

I want to believe the Bills have the talent to make the AFC Championship. 

If the Bills can’t overcome Milano and Edmunds absence today, they’re not AFC championship worthy....

This game shouldn’t be close. 

I understand where you are coming from. 

No position except QB really makes that much of a difference. 

That said however, losing Edmunds and Milano at the same time will be a challenge. It immediately exposes the weakest backup situation on the team. 

I hope McD and Frazier scheme something to cover for the lack of ability of Klein and Dodson. However creativity is not a strong suit of either McD or Frazier. I suspect they will roll out the standard defense and simply take a next man up mentality.  

• Like (+1) 1