Russell Wilson Says He’s the Best in NFL

19 hours ago, eball said:

When the topic of Russ comes up I always feel sorry for Buddy Nix because he definitely liked Wilson, he simply miscalculated when he would be available.  Goes to show if you believe in a QB you never wait.  I’m glad the Bills went after Josh and got him.

yep....you draft your QB a round early at least, if he is projected as 3rd or 4th or 5th or even 6th like Brady...although Brady may have been a projected 7th so Bill may have been smarter than we thought.

If I understand this correctly, Dan Patrick asked Wilson if he thought he was the best QB in the league and Wilson stayed that without a doubt he thought he was.  What else should he have said?

He’s certainly top 5 in the game today.  Brady and Brees are waning though one could still argue that Brees is better.  Mahomes is young and in an O that is stacked, but he’s probably 1.  Rodgers is probably 2.  Last night I watched a little All-22 of the GB-MIN game.  Such a contrast watching Cousins miss open receivers and throw a pick then seeing Rodgers look at tight coverage everywhere only to drop a dime TD to the only receiver who had even the slightest separation.  Amazing.  Wilson is right there with that group though. 

21 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Talk about not suffering from a self-esteem issue. While I’d definitely peg him as in the top 4-5 right now, I feel like it would be a stretch to take it all the way to #1 “without a doubt” but what say you?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909815-seahawks-russell-wilson-says-hes-the-best-qb-in-nfl-without-a-doubt

Aside from Mahomes, I'd take Wilson. And it's really close. I can't think of anyone who has done more with less than Wilson over the past 2-3 years. He's not wrong to think this way. Just think if Wilson played for the Chiefs the past 2-3 years. He would duplicate what Mahomes has done, sans the "no look passes".

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Aside from Mahomes, I'd take Wilson. And it's really close. I can't think of anyone who has done more with less than Wilson over the past 2-3 years. He's not wrong to think this way. Just think if Wilson played for the Chiefs the past 2-3 years. He would duplicate what Mahomes has done, sans the "no look passes".

Yup.  Every time I watch a Seahawks game I'm reminded just how good he is.

• Like (+1) 1

I love watching Mahomes and his game is on down here at 4pm today, but I’d still take Wilson over him.  He has a much larger body of work, has led his team to two SB’s back to back, amd is such a threat running and passing.  He is the most accurate on the run, and maintains his cool almost always.  They are always in contention, and he had less talent than Mahomes around him although equal in coaching.

I am watching the Mahomes, Jake from State Farm commercial and it’s hilarious with the cornhole scene.

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Rodgers beat him last yr in the playoffs and Wilson also sports a 3-4 playoff record since 2015. Again, I’m not trying to hate on the guy, I just don’t think it’s “without doubt” that he’s #1 right now. 
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00/gamelog/post/

That’s my point. If Wilson’s Star has faded, so has Rodgers’. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would take him over any qb not named patrick mahomes. It's certainly a reasonable take for him to say he's the best. 

He's looked at very highly and he's STILL one of the most underrated players in the league. Never received a single MVP vote. How?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone else looking forward to SEA vs NE tonight?  A little DangerRuss vs. Newton showdown could be potentially amusing

I'm just hoping Seattle ruins the Patriots week. Badly.

Edited by Bubba Gump